| || |
| | E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR
NOVEMBER 25, 2012 The future of MOOCs
MOOCs get a bad rap. Dismissed as prescriptive, or teacher-centric, or unsocial, or something else, it’s like a badge of honour to espouse why you dislike MOOCs. Despite their pedagogical flaws, however, MOOCs provide unprecedented access to quality content for millions of learners. Consider the teenager in central Australia whose school has only one teacher. I’ll explain later.).
| | TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING
NOVEMBER 1, 2012 What Will Corporate Training Look Like in 10 Years?
Training is evolving at a break-neck pace, and corporations are doing their best to keep up with all of the changes. Training budgets are tighter, the development life-cycle is shorter and the demand for quality has never been greater. It makes you wonder what training will look like a decade from now. It will also be scalable and will support the latest Social Learning trends. Jodi Harrison.
| | SUDDEN INSIGHT
NOVEMBER 25, 2012 My Favorite e-Learning Infographics
Summary: Christopher Pappas posted links to 10 Awesome Infographics About e-Learning. looked at all ten and here are the three I liked best. The first infographic below discusses the principles of adult learning. Of course, this isn’t all that could be said about the topic, but the information Nicole gives here is generally consistent with the empirical evidence. Guess who wins?
| | TONY KARRER
NOVEMBER 13, 2012 eLearning Conferences 2013
Clayton R. Wright has done his 28th version of his amazing list of conferences again this year. Past years eLearning Conferences 2012 , eLearning Conferences 2011 , eLearning Conferences 2010 , eLearning Conferences 2009. You can contact him at: crwr77 [@] gmail.com. This year, he has cut down the list slightly to cover "selected events." " But its still a massive list. Do Different.
| || || || |
I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED eLearning: How to Incorporate Gamification Elements
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
by AJ George If you happened to catch my earlier article on the gamification of learning , then you know that I have been dubious about its effectiveness. To be clear, it's not the premise of having fun in learning that I feel we should be wary of. It's the tendency to turn everything into a competition based more on winning than on learning. guess you could say I don't mind using a few tricks from gamers; it's the actual games that have me worried. Stories, Yes. Bullets, No! One option is to think like a video game developer. Make your learning contextual. MORE >>
MLEARNING REVOLUTION Introducing: mLearning Design Training [6-hr Workshop with RJ Jacquez]
| FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2012
'After delivering my 6Hr Mobile Learning Workshop for companies for a few months, today I’m opening it up for Learning Professionals. Why Register for this Training? This workshop is a result of months of research on mobile; mobile app design testing for best practices ; countless hours of consulting and lots of learning about design from trial and error. You will immediately benefit from all of this in a one 6-hr session. Here’s what you will learn in this action-packed workshop: Learn Key Mobile Learning Design Principles ( vs. eLearning design ). Touch Targets guidelines. MORE >>
BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE 8 Great Posts on Game Based Learning and Gamification
| TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
Remember 2011? know… it seems like a long time ago. This This time last fall, we were just wrapping up an 8 part blog series on gamification and game based learning. Sharon Boller , President of BLP, authored the posts with the beginning game designer in mind. If you are just getting started with game based learning, all the information you need is right here. You can view each post individually, or check out the learning brief in it’s entirety right here: A Primer on Learning Game Design by Sharon Boller. Part 1: The What and Why of Gamification. View Part 1. View Part 2. MORE >>
TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING Which Country is Most Educated?
| TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2012
It is an important question: Which countries make education a priority? The focus a nation puts on education from an employment, cultural and even individual identity perspective can tell a lot about a country. To be able to have a learning path available for most citizen to receive more education than their parents can be an indicator of the overall impact and growth a country has experienced over a generation or two. The world today trades on information. Being able to process and contribute to that process takes education. But, what do we do with that information? It takes an education. MORE >>
B ONLINE LEARNING Learner-Centric eLearning Design
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2012
Years ago when I was learning to be a teacher, I was quickly thrown in the deep end to teach a group of adult learners. Prac teaching’ can be a daunting experience. I still remember the feedback from the teacher who observed my first lesson; she said I needed to be more ‘learner-centric’. It took [.]. Adult Learning Principles Articulate eLearning Design eLearning Development eLearning Strategy adult learning principles elearning eLearning content eLearning course design instructional design learner centric Master elearning Course rapid eLearning MORE >>
- The classroom option you should not ignore E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2012
- Putting the Design back into Instructional Design #DevLearn LEARNING VISIONS | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2012
- What happened in Vegas, won’t stay in Vegas – thanks to #Devlearn TAYLORING IT | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2012
- Shifting from Trainer to Community Manager BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2012
- How to Build a Culture of Training Within your Organization TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2012
- free eBook with 61 tips for #mLearning from eLearning Guild IGNATIA WEBS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2012
- Insights: E-learning design is changing CLIVE ON LEARNING | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2012
- The Coherent Organization JAY CROSS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2012
- Video games as Good Teachers KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
- BYOD and e-learning: Three pointers for avoiding a ‘future shock’ SPICY LEARNING | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2012
- How Khan Academy Nike Training Club and SparkPeople Motivate Users Behavior TONY KARRER | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
- The Secret to Highly Effective eLearning TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2012
- Insights: Formal courses are not dead, just different CLIVE ON LEARNING | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
- Free course on Learning Design #MOOC #oldsmooc IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2012
- 5 Ways to Become Less Collaborative at Work BRAVE NEW ORG | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2012
- Want to help someone learn? Have them assume a role. KAPP NOTES | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2012
- Experience, the API CLARK QUINN | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2012
- A Little About Mobile Learning and How to Administer It TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2012
- Insights: Organisations need multi-device learning solutions CLIVE ON LEARNING | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2012
- Performance Support: Hiding in Plain Sight in Life, but Not So Much in the Training World ONTUITIVE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2012
- Competition: Love elearning & writing about it? You can win an iPad! EFRONT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
- Mobile #Moodle ready for beta release: feedback welcomed IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2012
- Designing Backward and Forward CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2012
- The Role of a Learning Management System in a World Awash in Learning Content ABSORB LMS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2012
- Why HR Needs to Think About Engagement TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
- Gamification In Learning UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2012
- A Paycheck Away, Our Learning Game For Change, Was a Game Changer BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2012
- Insights: Improving performance still matters the most CLIVE ON LEARNING | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2012
- Book Review: 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
- Solutions for learners with #disabilities using specific #social media IGNATIA WEBS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2012
- TinCan Demystified EFRONT | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2012
- The Future of Learning in a Networked Society DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012
- DevLearn Thoughts: Is Game Based Learning Misunderstood? BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2012
- Five Resources for Estimating Development Time THE ELEARNING COACH | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2012
- Don’t Throw the Baby Out With the Multiple-Choice Bath Water E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2012
- South African #mLearning projects and calls for collaboration IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2012
- How Did You Get Interested in Games for Learning? KAPP NOTES | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2012
- Personalization for Knowledge Workers DAWN OF LEARNING | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
- Virtual Learning Show Day 1 TAYLORING IT | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2012
- Learn How To Be An Instructional Designer ELEARNING BROTHERS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
- New skills for the learning professional in changing times #chat2lrn JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.