| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | E-BITES
JUNE 10, 2011 From nothing to something…how we strategically built a regional LMSe-learning community
One of the tasks i had coming into my role at ING Insurance was to manage the administration of the Learner Management System (LMS). We had a system but no central support or center of excellence to guide the regional L&D teams and ILC admins on how to best manage both the system and their use of e-learning. This was being done in an ad-hoc way. It was a big task that required us to: Employ a regional administrator to act as central point of contact for support and advice. Carry out an analysis of the region – who was administering the system in each country?, How did we go?
| | E-BITES
SEPTEMBER 17, 2009 What does a real life e-learning strategy look like?
I was reading a post recently about e-learning strategies [link] and one of the things that I totally agreed with was the fact that there aren’t that many examples of e-learning strategies available on the internet ! Now as much as I like to take I also acknowledge I gotta give back too ! So here’s my 2 cents worth. have created a few e-learning strategies in my past roles and I have learnt a lot about them along the way. agree with Alisson Rossett’s view ([link] that a strategy tells everybody who you are and what you intend to accomplish. Here it is eL Strategy Blueprint 2008- 2009.
| | E-BITES
JUNE 9, 2011 Too many cooks in the learning kitchen?
So our 100 day action learning challenge is fast approaching crunch time – the teams have been working hard and we can feel the momentum, energy and stress rising steadily! It’s been a great learning experience for everyone involved so far but as with any type of project there have been glitches.namely we’ve had too many cooks in the kitchen these past few weeks. What does this mean? Well.you know how it goes – you have a wonderful dish bubbling away, you add a bit of spices.not too much because it’s cooking and it needs to do it’s thing. But then wham!
| | E-BITES
AUGUST 25, 2011 Learning Cafe.come and join us !
There is change in the air and spring is on it’s way (for my Aussie and southern hemisphere friends!) and there’s a new place to frequent for great, stimulating L&D talk : The Learning Cafe ! link]. The Learning Cafe is an initiative started by a group of L&D professionals in Sydney, Australia to facilitate quality discussions around L&D. I’m heading home in 2 weeks so i am looking forward to being part of these conversations.and I’ll be blogging too ! Come and join us
E-BITES Change is in the air.again!
| THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
Time sure does fly when you are getting old ! Lots of change in the air lately – I have jumped off the big financial services juggernaut over into the Higher Education sector and I am loving it! I am working on a few projects that I will be blogging about shortly.this post is just to kick start my blogging juices again MORE >>
E-BITES We have to invite Learning to the party?!
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2010
Earlier this year i participated in a ’100 Day Challenge’ – a GE Workout style experience where management identifies a key issue or business challenge and hands the task of solving it to a group of employees closer to the business – the challenge is to come up with a viable solution in 100 days and see it through to implementation. Now this was an excellent experience for everyone involved – my team came up with a great proposal, the leadership team loved it and it’s currently being implemented. Sounds like a win-win situation right? Hmmmm. MORE >>
E-BITES Going from classroom to blended learning: Put it all in the blender and hit go!
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
So what will you get if you put all your classroom materials in the blender and hit go? right ol mess! It’s been a busy week (with non stop rain in Amsterdam and a terrible cold!) one of the things on my plate this week was to review a proposed ‘blended’ learning module. thought going over my way of ‘blending’ might be an interesting read and as always I’m keen to hear feedback or tips for improving! How do I blend? then make a skeleton outline of key topics and what activities are associated to them. learning for theory/concepts + Classroom for discussion & practice. MORE >>
E-BITES First day at work = reading that 1 million page manual!
| SATURDAY, AUGUST 21, 2010
There’s a lot of research out there to support the notion that on-boarding new employees is crucial for engagement and shortening the time to competence. We know that sitting someone down and giving them a big fat manual or 100 PowerPoint slides to read on their first few days doesn’t work. But we do it anyway. I’ve worked for a lot of very small companies (ranging from 5 to 15 employees) and there was never any type of structured ‘On-boarding’ (or Orientation training). What have we got? That was relatively easy – there was hardly anything. What do we need? MORE >>
E-BITES Right turn back into my world…L&D!
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 20, 2010
After a very (slow and not very motivating) 12 months in what was meant to be an e-learning design and development role i have moved back into a more generalist L&D role. And i feel like i’m home again! The last 12 months have been a huge learning curve – I was buried deep within the business, surrounded by very technical content trying to develop e-learning. Lots of bumps and hiccups along the way meant i only really got my hands dirty on one project. Lots of work ahead, lots of learning ahead.and most importantly.lots of blogging and inspiration ahead !! Yay for comebacks MORE >>
- Online Educa Berlin 2009 : what a day! E-BITES | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2009
- Online Educa Berlin – What would you like to see/read? E-BITES | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2009
- Tips for managing e-learning projects E-BITES | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2009
- What would be the best area/scope to focus on when launching e-learning and trying to get quick wins? E-BITES | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2009
- Can a program design model ensure quality and consistency? E-BITES | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2009
- Argentina and radical education E-BITES | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2009
- Discovering a gold mine of e-learning information, knowledge and expertise E-BITES | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2009
- e-Learning Methodology Toolkit: templates to design and manage your e-learning projects E-BITES | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
- Getting back on track.all the way from Amsterdam E-BITES | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
- Training across business lines and languages – the multilingual jungle E-BITES | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
- Learning professionals today, the credit crisis and grabbing attention E-BITES | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2009
- Requirements? nah we’ll buy it then see what we can do with it… E-BITES | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2008
- Adobe Catalyst: new e-learning authoring tool? E-BITES | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2008
- Lessons in learning for business leader – CorpU TV E-BITES | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2008
- Vendors sharing their expertise – rapid learning blends E-BITES | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2008
- It’s not just me ! E-BITES | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2008
- CCK08 Week 1 – What is Connectivism? E-BITES | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2008
- e-learning strategy – the year ahead E-BITES | SATURDAY, MARCH 1, 2008