| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | ALEARNING
APRIL 25, 2010 [LCMS, Tutorial] More LMS Options for Associations on a Budget
am hoping to get a sample course together to post in various places so you can see how the same course or tutorial would work/look in different environments, but what I produce and what you’re going to offer are likely different anyway, so doing your own experimentation is your best option. That said… Here are a few more LMS and LCMS options to consider: Nancy Safer [firstname.lastname@example.org] at edCetra Training tells me they have a “mini LMS as part of their edXact! Have heard about the EZ LCMS but haven’t tried it, either. They Easy peasy.
| | ELEARNING 24-7
APRIL 4, 2011 [LCMS, Tutorial] Social Learning – What’s the Point? Time to turn the tables on the naysayers
LMS/LCMS/Learning Portals (commercial & free), Social Learning stand-alone systems, hybrid system, content authoring tools, m-learning, web conferencing (already exists in many systems), virtual worlds, virtual meeting systems (already exists in some systems), marketplace exchanges (not affiliated with a system). LMS/LCMS/Learning Portal (commercial or free), e-readers, any mobile device(i.e. Tutorialized. Create tutorials to be viewed. Tutorials can be e-books, audio, video (mp4, avi), web based training courses. What’s the point? Not at all. Dripy.
| || || |
| | ELEARNING 24-7
APRIL 14, 2010 [LCMS, Tutorial] Moodle Mayhem
More of a course management system, than a LCMS/LMS as they try to push it. More and more tutorials online, a result of a vast online community of user groups. The biggest challenge you will face with Moodle, and in many cases with open source LMS/LCMS solutions is that you need to have strong technical skills. Moodle and some other open source LMS/LCMS solutions are not really “out of the box solutions. Do you have someone who can dedicate the time needed for your open source LMS/LCMS? Moodle: Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environmen t.
| | ALEARNING
JUNE 8, 2010 [LCMS, Tutorial] Do You Need an LMS?
But if you’re offering a publicly available video intended to raise awareness about a particular issue, or providing a quick tutorial about your association’s new governance structure, investing in and hooking up an LMS is probably overkill. Tags: LMS Measuring Results Social Learning aLearning Strategies aLearning Trends elearning strategy resources LCMS Bersin & Associates Here’s what gets confusing for associations and non-profits: most of the experts are grounded in corporate training. Automate the registration process. Gain visibility over completions.
| || | ZAIDLEARN
AUGUST 1, 2008 [LCMS, Tutorial] ZaidLearn: Free Books about E-Learning (Jane Knight)
W3Schools (Web-building tutorials). skip to main | skip to sidebar. Thursday, August 23. Free Books about E-Learning (Jane Knight). URL: [link] Jane Knights Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies site has a great webpage on a growing list of free books and free chapters from printed books about e-learning. Posted by Zaid Ali Alsagoff. at 17:54. comments: faisalb. Zaid Ali Alsagoff.
| || || || |
ELEARNING 24-7 [LCMS, Tutorial] Moodle: Pros, Challenges
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2010
More of a course management system, than a LCMS
/LMS as they try to push it. More and more tutorials
online, a result of a vast online community of user groups. The biggest challenge you will face with Moodle, and in many cases with open source LMS/LCMS
solutions is that you need to have strong technical skills. Moodle and some other open source LMS/LCMS
solutions are not really “out of the box” solutions. Do you have someone who can dedicate the time needed for your open source LMS/LCMS
? are NOT out of the box solutions. They are not turnkey. User management. MORE >>
ALEARNING [LCMS, Tutorial] More Than One LMS Option
| SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2010
For a combination of some of the above: – Web Courseworks’ CourseStage LCMS
: What Web Courseworks has done is taken Moodle (an open-source LMS), developed a “derivative system from it so that you won’t have to hire a programmer or company to adapt Moodle to your needs. Knowing I’d open a can of worms by venturing into discussions about LMSes (Learning Management Systems), I pulled out my opener anyway and yanked off the lid (see LMS = Losing My Smile and LMS Business Model for Associations? ). Required Reading. Flower of a Different Color. Webinars? MORE >>
ALEARNING [LCMS, Tutorial] Quick Clicks
| MONDAY, JULY 11, 2011
If you’ve browsed our aLearning Fundamentals tutorials
lately, you’ve noticed we went from a pure PowerPoint download to using iSpring (www.ispringsolutions.com) to compile the PowerPoint for easier access and viewing. Though we use iSpring Presenter for most of the tutorials
, we want to pass along this update regarding the iSpring Free version, which is available to non-profits for — you guessed it — free (although the Presenter version is not that expensive, compared to its competition). Social Media Tutorials
*. What’s the Diff?*. Julien R. MORE >>
LEARNING ON THE LEADING EDGE [LCMS, Tutorial] Simplicity packaged - A peak at Claro and OneRoom
| THURSDAY, AUGUST 18, 2011
You may know dominKnow as a mature LCMS
platform which has been around for many years. Claro (actually dominKnow LCMS
v6) is a web-based collaborative e-learning authoring platform with the content management features of a robust LCMS
. · Direct support, YouTube tutorials
, social media support. · LCMS
functionality (learning object / central repository). I have had some interesting product briefings lately and wanted to call your attention to two. The first is Claro , from dominKnow Learning Solutions. It was released in April. See below). MORE >>
TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS [LCMS, Tutorial] Directory of E-Learning Tools: Course Authoring Tools
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2010
Deliver and track vwith Connect Pro , Free Trial, Download X X Adobe Connect Pro Create and deliver interactive online courses and training , Free Trial, Hosted x x X X Advanced eLearning Builder Authoring tool is designed for creating e-learning materials such as e-tests, tutorials
, quizzes, etc. , Free Trial, Download x x x Angel LMS Suite of tools enables development, delivery and management of courses, course content and learning outcomes. Also part of E-Learning Suite. Free, Open Source, Download x x x x x x ClassTools Create activities, quizzes and diagrams in a Flash! solution. MORE >>
- [LCMS, Tutorial] [from davidds] e-Learning 2.0 Workshop (Stephen Downes) ZAIDLEARN | SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2009
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Encore – Moodle: Pros, Challenges ELEARNING 24-7 | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2010
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Top 68 eLearning Posts from April - Hot Topics iPad Google Buzz ELEARNING LEARNING POSTS | MONDAY, MAY 3, 2010
- [LCMS, Tutorial] What Our Vendors Can Teach Us ALEARNING | FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011
- [LCMS, Tutorial] SyberWorks Media Center Presents a New Article: “Documentation and e-Learning Part 1: They’re One and the Same” THE BOGGS E-LEARNING CHRONICLE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2010
- [LCMS, Tutorial] User Friendly or Hype? ELEARNING 24-7 | SATURDAY, MARCH 12, 2011
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Glossary - Learning Circuits - ASTD TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2009
- [LCMS, Tutorial] The E-Learning Foundations Intensive: Day 1 LEARNNUGGETS | MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2010
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Selection & Management of Outsourced Content Providers: Part 1 ? Five Common Challenges OUTSTART KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS | MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2012
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Simplicity packaged - A peak at Claro and OneRoom LEARNING ON THE LEADING EDGE | THURSDAY, AUGUST 18, 2011
- [LCMS, Tutorial] e-Learning 2.0 Workshop (Stephen Downes) ZAIDLEARN | TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2008
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Discovery Through eLearning: Moodle Goes Corporate: Leveraging Open Source - Michelle Moore DISCOVERY THROUGH ELEARNING | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2008
- [LCMS, Tutorial] 35 Top eLearning Articles and 6 Hot Topics for March ELEARNING LEARNING POSTS | TUESDAY, APRIL 6, 2010
- [LCMS, Tutorial] SyberWorks Media Center Presents a New Article: “Spreading the e-Learning Word (Part 2)” THE BOGGS E-LEARNING CHRONICLE | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2009
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Google Wave - Learning Environments - Best of eLearning Learning ELEARNING LEARNING POSTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2009
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Thank you, Bill! ALEARNING | TUESDAY, JULY 21, 2009
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Design - Audio - Podcasting - Best of eLearning Learning ELEARNING LEARNING POSTS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009
- [LCMS, Tutorial] All About (digital) Learning Resources BLOGGER IN MIDDLE-EARTH | SATURDAY, MAY 2, 2009
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Moving to Moodle: Reflections Two Years Later (EDUCAUSE Quarterly) | EDUCAUSE CONNECT TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2008
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Convincing the Boss - The introduction IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CURVE | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2006
- [LCMS, Tutorial] Confused of Brighton CLIVE ON LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2007
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.