article thumbnail

eLearning as Part of an Informal Learning Strategy

Integrated Learnings

Much of my learning came from brainstorming with peers, participating in online forums , reading (articles, books, blogs, etc.), Compare that to making time to complete a 1-hour lesson. We could make short eLearning lessons available as a supplement to new employee training, or any other formal course. By Shelley A.

article thumbnail

5 Best WordPress LMS Plugins for eLearning Websites

Ayatas

In this article, we have discussed the most popular LMS Plugins for WordPress that help to create an e-learning website. Option for creating unlimited courses and lessons. in the lessons. Learndash has pre-built dynamic forums. Each course built with LearnDash has two broader sections – lessons and topics.

Website 45
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Best WordPress LMS Plugins for eLearning Websites

Ayatas

In this article, we have discussed the most popular LMS Plugins for WordPress that help to create an e-learning website. Option for creating unlimited courses and lessons. in the lessons. Learndash has pre-built dynamic forums. Each course built with LearnDash has two broader sections – lessons and topics.

Website 40
article thumbnail

Are You Taking Advantage of Learner-Generated Content?

LearnDash

Where before learners simply had to read your course lessons and watch videos, content generation puts them in a creative position. Make your forum a central part of your online course. As we’ve discussed previously, online forums are a great way to build a community around your course.

Learner 133
article thumbnail

Does Your Course Suffer from Learner Burnout?

LearnDash

Learners are more prone to be interrupted mid-lesson, and then have to pick up where they left of at a later date. Sometimes a new learner will sign up for a course and burn through several lessons, only to fall off the map after a week. Encourage learners to participate in the course forum.

Learner 178
article thumbnail

Success Formula for Discussion Forums in Financial Services

Tony Karrer

I received a question this week related to Discussion Forums for Knowledge Sharing at Capital City Bank : I successfully launched a discussion forum for a small group of lending assistants within my bank. That forum is still up and running. I could go on… but I’m sure you get the picture. Great question.

Forum 115
article thumbnail

10 Ways Online Learning is Reshaping Companies’ Training Strategies

KnowledgeOne

Microlearning for Quick Consumtion Microlearning – bite-sized lessons – is the perfect solution for busy professionals. Collaborative Learning Discussion boards, forums, and virtual classrooms encourage collaboration and leverage knowledge sharing among peers.