article thumbnail

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

article thumbnail

Professional Organizations for Instructional Designers

Experiencing eLearning

A number of job seekers and transitioning teachers have asked about professional organizations to help people gain skills and network. The Learning Guild, ATD, TLDC, Training Magazine Network, and LDA all provide both free and paid resources for instructional designers and other learning and development professionals.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences

Tony Karrer

Once again, Clayton Wright has been nice enough to compile an incredible list of conferences focused on use of technology in learning. Please note that events, dates, titles, and locations may change; thus, check the specific conference website. crw Another source of major eLearning conferences is: Tom King's eLearning Google Calendar.

article thumbnail

Learning & development conferences in 2024

Limestone Learning

And as a bonus, you’ll find plenty of online options, making conferences more accessible and affordable than ever. Keep checking back on this list of 2024 conferences, as dates and venues occasionally change. Watch this space throughout the year! Have you experienced strategies that did not work out as well as you had hoped?

article thumbnail

Learning & Development Conferences in 2023

Limestone Learning

With that, here’s a preview of what to expect in conferences for 2023. February 7–9, 2023: ATD TechKnowledge Conference , New Orleans, LA Technology waits for no one. Join the conference for three immersive days of discovering the newest learning technologies, the hottest industry trends, and the most innovative approaches to L&D.

article thumbnail

My Top 10 Tools for Learning 2021

Experiencing eLearning

Plus, it’s free and open source, with an active developer community working to extend its functionality and user communities for support. As I regularly speak at conferences and online events, I also use PowerPoint to create slides for those sessions. This is my primary personal learning network. Affinity Designer.

Diigo 564
article thumbnail

Learning & Development Conferences in 2022

Limestone Learning

By now we’re all pros at working from home — and so are most of the conference organizers we follow with this blog. There’s a sense of optimism on all the conference websites, which is just what we need for 2022! There’s a sense of optimism on all the conference websites, which is just what we need for 2022!