Trending Sources

Free Assets from the E-Learning Community

Rapid eLearning

Most people aren’t active participants in the elearning community. No one expects you to sit on the couch, eating bonbons, and chatting in the community. Most of us tend to use the community for quick help and then we go back to work. Not being an active participant means that it’s possible you miss some really good stuff in the community. That’s OK. Free Road Signs.

PNG 20

How to Avoid These Three Pain Points for Online Learning

Rapid eLearning

Learning Pain Point #2: Developers Have Limited Skills & Resources. Many of them do a great job given their limited resources, but to build courses that are engaging, interactive, and meet learning objectives requires more than a basic understanding of PowerPoint and learning to find free clip art. And of course, participate in your local ATD , ISPI , and STC chapters.

ISPI 45

15 Free Display Graphics to Use with Your E-Learning Courses

Rapid eLearning

You can download many of these templates (and more) from the E-Learning Heroes community. Hope you enjoy the free resources. If you make some of your own projection screen images, feel free to share them with the community or via the comments link. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. WARNING: Course context is everything. Folder. TV Monitor. Laptop.

ISPI 38

7 Learning Industry Websites You Need To Know

LearnDash

Don't worry, you don't have to shell out the money to become a member right away - the site has plenty of free resources you can leverage, including past online issues of their popular magazine "T&D". International Society of Performance Improvement (ISPI). That said, you do not need to be a member of ISPI to benefit. American Society of Training & Development (ASTD).

ISPI 24

Three Ways That These 70 Rapid E-Learning Tips Will Help You Build Better Courses

Rapid eLearning

Simple Ways to Find the Resources You Need to Build E-Learning Courses : Here’s a list of resources that are free and easy to find. Seventy rapid elearning tips that will help you get started, save time, and find the resources you need to build better elearning. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. Do it. Then clean up when you’re done.

ASTD 46

How to Build an E-Learning Template in 30 Seconds

Rapid eLearning

This is a simple technique, but one that’s quite effective if you’re stretched for time and resources. If you’re interested in having a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me. Practical tips on getting the most out of the resources you have to build engaging and interactive elearning courses. Comes with all sorts of free resources, too.

More Than 30 PowerPoint Tips from the PowerPoint Pros!

Rapid eLearning

To help you learn more about PowerPoint I pulled together a solid list of PowerPoint resources. Many don’t know it, but Microsoft has a number of really good PowerPoint resources starting with their PowerPoint Blog. More Resources and Free Templates. Free templates & downloads from the E-Learning Heroes community. PowerPoint Resources. Use Drawing Guides.

Here’s How to Convert Click & Read to Interactive E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Include documentation and resources. Practical tips on getting the most out of the resources you have to build engaging and interactive elearning courses. Two sessions: PowerPoint’s No Longer a Slide Show Freak and Practical Approaches to Building Successful Communities. If you’re interested in a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me.

Over 40 Rapid E-Learning Posts with Free PowerPoint Templates & E-Learning Assets

Rapid eLearning

Be sure to take advantage of the free templates & assets in the elearning community , too. Dozen Handpicked E-Learning Resources. Over 75 Free Rapid E-Learning Resources. Time-saving Tips from the E-learning Community. Become a Rapid E-Learning Pro : Practical tips on getting the most out of the resources you have to build engaging and interactive elearning courses.

ISPI 26

7 Secrets to Getting the Graphics You Need for Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

That means you’ve got to be creative with the resources you have. The E-Learning Heroes community has a great exercise that walks you through getting the right look and feel for your elearning course. Microsoft Provides Free Resources. Most of us aren’t trained graphic designers, so we’re scrambling to find the tools and resources that help us get the job done.

How to Create an Interactive PowerPoint Elearning Module

Rapid eLearning

If you’re interested in a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me. Practical tips on getting the most out of the resources you have to build engaging and interactive elearning courses. Comes with all sorts of free resources, too. Two sessions: PowerPoint’s No Longer a Slide Show Freak and Practical Approaches to Building Successful Communities.

Working Smarter, one day at a time

Learning and Working on the Web

In Jane’s social learning community a few comments arose about the lack of interaction. It was great the community participated for 30 days before the event and hopefully will continue for many days after. What tools are you using to create the performance/support and learning communities? Yammer & Status.net ). Links: Whither ISD, ADDIE & HPT? HPT and ISD.

9 Ways to Encourage the Adult E-Learners

Rapid eLearning

You don’t want to add multimedia for the sake of it, but you do want to use all of your resources to create the best course possible. Here’s a list of upcoming conferences and presentations: October 16-19: Las Vegas, NV (CUNA)— Experience Learning Live! I’ll be presenting on building communities and how to build elearning courses with limited resources. This is faulty thinking.

3 Reasons Why Linear E-Learning May Be the Best Solution

Rapid eLearning

Interactive elearning courses require more resources which is a challenge because most of us are working with limited resources. So when it comes time to prioritize your projects, don’t waste your limited resources on less meaningful projects. Keep them simple and you’ll have the resources available for those courses that require more. Learning is Bigger than E-Learning.

10 Tips to Help You Get Started

Rapid eLearning

Learn more: If you’re an Articulate user, there are two good books and the user community with hundreds of tutorials and thousands of active members. Learning Heroes Community : tutorials, PowerPoint templates, and free downloads. 3. These tips and resources should help point you in the right direction. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop.

Help 41

Why You Need PowerPoint 2010 for Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

October 16-19: Las Vegas, NV (CUNA)— Experience Learning Live! I’ll be presenting on building communities and how to build elearning courses with limited resources. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. I get a lot of questions about upgrading to PowerPoint 2010. Most people who ask are still using PowerPoint 2003. Enhanced Picture Editing. Simple as that.

Are You Asking the Right Questions?

Rapid eLearning

Many elearning developers are working with limited resources. Engage Your Learning Community. Thus the questions are a great way to prompt reflection for further discussion offline or in an online community. Once the community’s answered some questions, click on the “results” page and see how they were answered. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop.

Does Your Client Need to Know You’re Using PowerPoint?

Rapid eLearning

Tidbits: I have proposed to speak at two sessions at SXSWedu in Austin, but I need your help because they want input from the community. Practical tips on getting the most out of the resources you have to build engaging and interactive elearning courses. Two sessions: PowerPoint’s No Longer a Slide Show Freak and Practical Approaches to Building Successful Communities.

The writings of Lee Kraus

Learning and Technology

Home My Story Portfolio iPad Bookshelf Social Media October 25, 2004 I have read an interesting article on the Technology Acceptance Model in the recent ISPI journal I receive. However, when you are talking about community-based technology, it is also important that others use the technology as well. also have a website that talks about free small business resource related things. shopping guide resources are tough to find. The writings of Lee Kraus Welcome! I try to focus on creativity, innovation, collaboration, technology, and elearning. The article by D.

You May Already Own the Tools to Create Simple E-Learning Avatars

Rapid eLearning

October 16-19: Las Vegas, NV (CUNA)— Experience Learning Live! I’ll be presenting on building communities and how to build elearning courses with limited resources. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. The other day I had to re-install the webcam software for my Dell laptop. But what I noticed in the Dell webcam software is that it came with Creative’s Live!

eLearning Conferences 2013

Tony Karrer

link] December 2-7, 2012 Executive Leadership Institute , sponsored by the League for Innovation in the Community College, Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix, Arizona, USA. link] January 28-29, 2013 Integrated Strategic Planning and Resource Allocation , organized by Academic Impressions, San Diego, California, USA. Clayton R. You can contact him at: crwr77 [@] gmail.com. https://metah.imag.fr/alpine-rendez-vous/home/?lang=fr

How Good Graphic Design Helps Build Meaningful E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

October 16-19: Las Vegas, NV (CUNA)— Experience Learning Live! I’ll be presenting on building communities and building elearning courses with limited resources. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. Because of my job, I get to look at a lot of elearning courses. One thing common to quite a few is that they lack a graphic design sense and structure.

ISPI 27

These Simple Tips Will Help You Build the Right E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Before committing time and resources to a solution make sure you fully understand the objectives. Perhaps there’s a lack of resources? Many times there are issues like performance support, management styles, personal motivation, or available resources. If you want to recommend a good resource or performance consulting blog, feel free to mention it in the comments section.

ISPI 20

Here’s an Easy Way to Back Up Your E-Learning Project Files

Rapid eLearning

Two sessions: PowerPoint’s No Longer a Slide Show Freak and Practical Approaches to Building Successful Communities. Become a Rapid E-Learning Pro : Practical tips on getting the most out of the resources you have to build engaging and interactive elearning courses. If you’re interested in a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me. Here’s how.

ISPI 14

3 Simple Ways to Measure the Success of Your E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

October 16-19: Las Vegas, NV (CUNA)— Experience Learning Live! I’ll be presenting on building communities and how to build elearning courses with limited resources. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. Whenever I travel I like to spend some time hanging out with blog readers to answer questions. That’s kind of a tricky question. Performance Improvement.

More Answers to Your Rapid E-Learning Questions

Rapid eLearning

So now’s a good time to offer some quick answers and links to additional resources for those just getting started, I have no budget. Download the free assets from the elearning community. When you’re working with limited resources you’ve got to find places where you can get good free or low cost assets. There’s also a good list of book recommendations in the community.

Celebrate the End of Summer with This Free PowerPoint E-Learning Template

Rapid eLearning

If you’re interested in having a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me. Practical tips on getting the most out of the resources you have to build engaging and interactive elearning courses. Comes with all sorts of free resources, too. The irony of Labor Day is that many of us celebrate it by taking the day off. Glassy Blue Template. Sign up now.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Kineo Audio Interview with Ellen Wagner "The Evolution of the LMS"

Learning Visions

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 Kineo Audio Interview with Ellen Wagner "The Evolution of the LMS" I love my job. I get to talk to really interesting people in the eLearning community and then share it with all of you. On Guerilla Design and Video Kineo Top Tips Mass Chapter ISPI November Meeting Instructional Design Questionnaire Interview with Brent Schlenker Kineo Webinar on Webinars!

Top 70 eLearning Posts for June and Hot Topics including iPad and Mobile Learning

eLearning Learning Posts

Looking for THE SCORM Resource? At the conclusion of the webinar they gave a tour of some of the available resources on their site. If you want more details, one of the community MVPs shared some tips on how to improve your audio quality. ISPI) would miss the same things it misses.  Online Communites are Changing my World - Daretoshare , June 26, 2010 Should online communities have a better reputation?  Should Should Should you join and participate in one more online community?  Are online communities profoundly changing the world for the better?

Here’s a Free PowerPoint Template & Laptop Illustration

Rapid eLearning

Of course if you don’t want to build the laptop image yourself, feel free to download the PowerPoint file or the laptop images I created from the Elearning Heroes community: Original PowerPoint file : feel free to deconstruct and see how it was built. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. They’re nice to use because contextually they fit elearning.

PNG 6

e-Learning Authoring Tools Crash Course -- Follow Up

Learning Visions

I had the great pleasure of speaking last night at the Massachusetts chapter of the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI). It was a lively conversation and a wonderful opportunity for me to meet some of my online colleagues from the twitter sphere (thanks for coming, y'all!) as well as connect with some new folks in the Boston e-learning community. Here are some of the resources I promised to post. My Sources Since I'm not a tool user, I needed to mine the collective brain of the e-learning community to find out what's what. what do you like about?

Bob Mosher on Informal Learning and Performance Support

Learning Visions

with Bob Mosher of Learning Guide Solutions, presented by Massachusetts Chapter of ISPI and sponsored by Kineo. Let the learner drill down into the task – provide links to resources (other assets, including elearning that sits on an LMS) podcasts “in our own words” – so you can hear the voice of the expert. Informal Learning: Are We Missing a HUGE Opportunity? He had 2 1/2 minutes!

First Time Visitor Guide

Tony Karrer

Presentation - ISPI Los Angeles Introduction to Wikis, Blogs, Social Bookmarking, Social Networking and RSS Practical Suggestions: Web 2.0 Informal Learning, Communities, Bottom-up vs. Top-Down Rosenberg's Beyond eLearning - Is that eLearning 2.0? eLearning Resources Learning Management Systems - LMS Web 2.0 Update 2/6/2008 based on recent Top eLearning Posts It can be daunting to visit a blog for the first time. The author(s) have been writing individual articles for months or years. Of course, you'll get a better sense of this as you read through various post. and 2.0

Rethinking conferences

Jay Cross's Informal Learning

Through their presentations at conferences, Allison Rossett, Elliott Masie, Gloria Gery, and scores of other awesome teachers have shaped the thinking of the greater learning and development community of practice. Response 46 Organization, quality of speakers, multiple themes, EDUCAUSE ELI is by far the best example I have experienced for overall quality, service to its attendee community.