article thumbnail

Using SharePoint

Tony Karrer

I've been having fabulous conversations about using SharePoint. SharePoint is so flexible and the documentation for it is so big and diverse, that a big part of my goals have been to understand the different ways that training organizations are using SharePoint. These would be external consituents.

article thumbnail

Tool Set 2009

Tony Karrer

But I'm worried, because while I just got through writing about my concern in Using SharePoint that learning organizations seemed to be making the same mistake of Not Preparing Workers for Web 2.0. Setting up a SharePoint for a community or work team is very different from teaching them about Personal Learning.

PWLE 122
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Trends in Learning

Tony Karrer

Informal Learning , Communities, Bottom-up vs. Top-Down The whole social / informal / elearning 2.0 And you cannot Separate Knowledge Work from Learning. Many organizations are using SharePoint to implement these kinds of solutions. discussions implies some very Disruptive Changes in Learning. vs. Learning 2.0,

Trends 121
article thumbnail

Learned about Learning in 2009

Tony Karrer

During the year, I’ve had fantastic conversations through LearnTrends around SharePoint , Examples and Tour of Different Kinds of eLearning , Social Learning , and the Business of Learning. Each of these allowed me to fast forward my learning and share knowledge effectively. Now I have a better way to say it.

article thumbnail

Ten Predictions for eLearning 2008

Tony Karrer

Luckily a few will also add in more community and wiki capabilities. Unfortunately, these will be even worse than Sharepoint, the solution you already hate. Unfortunately, you can ask all you want, you will still be doing a lot of work with LMS products this year. All of this will cause of to continue to ask Do You WANT an LMS?

article thumbnail

2008 2009

Tony Karrer

Strategy (15) PWLE Not PLE - Knowledge Work Not Separate from Learning (15) Corporate Social Bookmarking Tools (14) Corporate Learning Long Tail and Attention Crisis (13) Test SCORM Courses with an LMS (13) 90-9-1 Rule aka 1% Rule in Collaborative Environments (13) Social Conference Tools - Expect Poor Results (13) Instruction eLearning 2.0

article thumbnail

Working Smarter eFieldbook $12

Jay Cross

Working smarter is the key to sustainability and continuous improvement. Knowledge work and learning to work smarter are becoming indistinguishable. The accelerating rate of change in business forces everyone in every organization to make a choice: learn while you work or become obsolete. COMMUNITIES 78.