article thumbnail

Using SharePoint

Tony Karrer

I've been having fabulous conversations about using SharePoint. SharePoint is so flexible and the documentation for it is so big and diverse, that a big part of my goals have been to understand the different ways that training organizations are using SharePoint. These would be external consituents.

article thumbnail

What’s Your Learning Tool Stack?

Clark Quinn

From there we move up to the community level. Communities are large, so we need to start having subgroups, and profiles become important. There’s also probably a need to save community-specific resources like documents and job aids, so there may be a portal function as well. Finally, we get to the org level.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Extending elearning?

Clark Quinn

A contact asked me what I saw as the link between Sharepoint and elearning, and I started to give my standard answer about portals fitting in with the whole performance ecosystem. Last I played with Sharepoint, it seemed like a portal solution; a place to deposit files. User-generated content can be mined for new courses.

article thumbnail

‘Konnect’ to Liberate Learning from LMS

Origin Learning

Konnect is compatible with external systems such as Sharepoint, Moodle, Jive, and Salesforce with customized connectors. Apart from enabling the tracking of a learner’s activities from the social engine and LMS modules, the analytics works with third party LMS systems, document management systems, Web portals, mobile apps, and learning games.

LMS 100
article thumbnail

Top online learning tools for successful solutions

Elucidat

Virtual classroom: Creating a community of learners encourages sharing and collaboration. Elearning portal. An elearning portal allows you to host and deliver your elearning to any audience. . Use an elearning portal to provide anyone with access to learning using an URL rather than a login. . Digital content creation.

article thumbnail

Building a Learning and Performance Support Ecosystem (Steve Foreman) #elguild

Learning Visions

Access to Experts: ask questions, get guidance A directory of experts in your org (could be Sharepoint). Portal Search Engine knowledge base, communities, courses xAPI Learning Record Store Analytics/reports Newsfeeds How do we create ecosystem solutions? In ecosystems you want to impact the work where and when it''s happening.

article thumbnail

Related Terms

Tony Karrer

Here are some terms that are getting more attention the first couple weeks this month (December 2008) include Social Media , eLearning Activity , Mobile Learning , Yugma , Slideshare , SharePoint , Twitter , 100 Conversations , Mzinga , and GeoLearning.