article thumbnail

Wikis and Learning – 60 Resources

Tony Karrer

I’m involved in several discussions around how to use Wikis as part of learning solutions. I wanted to collect a few resources around this topic for use in these discussions. Here’s some of what I found: Why a Wiki? How about math?

Wiki 192
article thumbnail

TCC09: Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities

Experiencing eLearning

In this session, we will share a collaborative wiki created by a self-organized, self-managed group of online graduate students. This virtual learning community took the initiative to form a study group and share strategies for completing course problem-solving assignments. Define wiki. Resources & references.

Wiki 193
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! For example, you can engage employees from the same department to contribute weekly to their “department wiki”. Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”.

article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! For example, you can engage employees from the same department to contribute weekly to their “department wiki”. Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”.

article thumbnail

Wiki as repository for a virtual community

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Through a comment on a blogpost by Nancy White I found this article about a virtual community using a discussion list (listserv) in combination with a wiki. The wiki serves as a collaborative repository. I've been advising a community where using an online discussion forum where few people had experience with a wiki.

Wiki 90
article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In more recent years, websites, wikis and blogs have entered the picture, creating social learning platforms that learners can modify themselves. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager?

article thumbnail

Moodle Cloud LMS: Top 10 Tips for Administrators

Lambda Solutions

Encourage Collaboration and Communication: Leverage Moodle Cloud's collaborative features, such as discussion forums, wikis, and messaging, to foster interaction and knowledge sharing among learners. Clear communication channels and responsive support contribute to a positive user experience.

Moodle 130