Finding Good Ideas, Design Sprints and Designing Games

Here are four interesting videos all related to design which I have been thinking about lately in terms of designing instructional experiences that are meaningful and encouraging to learners.

The first video is about “finding” good ideas. It tackles the question. “Where do good ideas come from?”

The next video outlines a design sprint, I’ve done something very similar, I call it a Shazam Session where, in 5 days, you can design a fairly involved prototype of a solution. It is exhausting but energizing.

The next video features Sid Meier telling us that everything we know about game design is wrong, its an interesting look at the psychology of game design. An interesting perspective and meaningful to instructional game design in many ways.

Finally a postmortem on a classic game “Pitfall”. The video contains some fascinating insights into the design of the old Atari 2600 game. I think the thought process that is discussed is interesting and can apply, a least a little, to instructional game design.

Posted in: Design

Leave a Comment (0) ↓
Karl Kapp
  • About
  • Contact