| || |
| | CLARK QUINN
MAY 15, 2012 Mobile Changes Everything?
As a prelude to a small webinar I’ll be doing next week (though it also serves to tee up the free Best of mLearnCon webinar I’ll be doing for the eLearning Guild next week as well, here’re some deliberately provocative thoughts on mobile: According to Tomi Ahonen , mobile is the fastest growing industry ever. But just because everyone has one, what does it mean ? I think the implications are broader, but here I want to talk specifically about work and learning. I want to suggest that it has the opportunity to totally upend the organization. So why is this game-changing?
| | EFRONT
MAY 15, 2012 Vote Now For Best of Elearning! Awards 2012
It’s that time of year again and polls are now open for The Best of Elearning! 2012 Awards. Now in its 7 th year, Elearning! Magazine allows eLearning professionals to nominate elearning products and services each year. Conference & Expo in early fall and the Best of Elearning! Day early November, 2012. Category #2: Best Learning Management System (Enterprise-based, behind the firewall).
| | LEARNING WITH E'S
MAY 15, 2012 The fame monster
Do we really need measures of online reputation? Can our worth be measured by the amount of Twitter followers we have or by how many +1s we receive on Google+? Klout, Peerindex and other social reputation measuring sites are constantly bombarding web users with statistics about their 'true reach', 'amplification' and 'influence'. It all sounds very grand. But just how accurate is it? billion views.
| | MINDFLASH
MAY 15, 2012 Nine Training Alternatives to ‘Correct’ and ‘Incorrect’
Imagine a trainer at the front of the room responding to a participant’s comment by saying nothing more than “You’re right!” or “Incorrect.” Imagine this happening over and over again. Even though it seems futile, this is one of the most common types of feedback we use in e-learning courses to respond to user actions and answers. We need to find ways to close the feedback loop. That’s feedback.
| || || || |
BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE Mobile Learning Analyst RJ Jacquez to guest host #TalkTech chat on mLearning, HTML5, and more.
| TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
We are pleased to announce that our friend and colleague RJ Jacquez (@rjacquez) will be guest hosting our weekly #TalkTech chat this Thursday, May 17th at 3 pm EST. RJ is a former Senior Evangelist for Adobe who now spends his time as a Mobile Learning Analyst and consultant. His blog, The m-Learning Revolution Blog , is a highly regarded resource for the latest in mLearning news, trends, and analysis. He also actively shares mLearning information via his Facebook Page. Just use the #TalkTech hashtag to participate. More on this week’s topics: 1. New Trend? MORE >>
- It is time to simplify
The five informal learning methods described in yesterday’s post on Learning in the Workplace have one thing in common. They are all relatively simple. Most of today’s larger companies have a complicated structure. Over time, to enable growth and efficiencies, more processes have been put in place. New layers of control and supervision continue to appear, silos are created, and knowledge acquisition is formalized in an attempt to gain efficiency through specialization. As But knowledge, and the acquisition of new knowledge, are still key factors for innovation and effectiveness. MORE >>
MARK OEHLERT An Amplification of the power of Game-Based Learning in the Corporate World
| TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
I read Julie Brink's recent article on Game-based Learning for the Corporate World , and I just wanted to add to what I think Julie was trying to do - which is promote game0based learning as a viable and powerful option. This post is in no way intended to be snarky or derisive and I'm actually thankful to Julie for getting me off my butt and actually spitting out something on a topic I really believe in. I'm perfectly in line with what I think the goal of this article is.to You bet. Spot on. Couldn't agree more. About 12% are said to be managers already. Games require absolutely no technology. MORE >>
I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED Adobe Captivate 5/5.5: Switch TTS Agents in a Snap
| TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
by Kevin Siegel During every Captivate beginner class , time is spent on the second day teaching everyone how to use Captivate's Text-to-Speech feature to convert slide notes into speech. Recently, one of the students asked an excellent question: "Is there an easy way to change my mind? I'd love it if there was a pain-free way to quickly change the agent from Kate, to Paul and then maybe back to Kate." " You can switch between one agent to another. The solution, while easy, isn't obvious. If you're not sure how, review this article. MORE >>
DEVELOPER ON DUTY Managing SMEs #3 - Tools and Tips for Gathering SME Content for eLearning & mLearning Development
| TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
I've done the email thing, the word doc thing, and the spreadsheet thing. What's the right tool for you and your team when it comes to SME information gathering? That’s an interesting question. You have to find the right tools, process and workflow for your team. . In this article, I will try to give you some tips and tools to gathering SME knowledge and experience. If you would like to discuss SME information gathering in your organization let me know. It's a difficult process, and there are many factors to consider. . eLearning Strategy MORE >>
- Free Webinar: Clark Quinn on How Mobile Enables Social Learning, May 23 TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Clarifying the Creative Cloud ICS LEARNING GROUP | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Are You Qualified to Build E-Learning Courses? RAPID ELEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- A beachhead for learning – Learning Conversation with Helen Zwicker, CEO Kiama Community College LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- LMS Blog: How do I enable file extensions when they are hidden in. LATITUDE LEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Put the Executive with a Budget First EJ4 | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Accessibility: Why it's Worth It THE LEARNING DISPATCH | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Learning for Growth GOOD PRACTICE | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Let Employees Choose Their Own Training Materials MINDFLASH | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Enspire Learning Participates in Community Service Project with the Entrepreneurs Foundation of Central Texas ENSPIRE LEARNING | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- 7 Strategies For Curing the �Death by Facebook� Syndrome. WIRED@HEART | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- A Commitment to Growth and Development VOICE OF CLARITY | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Managing SMEs #3 - Tools and Tips for Gathering SME Content for eLearning & mLearning Development DEVELOPER ON DUTY | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Mobile Learning Analyst RJ Jacquez to guest host #TalkTech chat on mLearning, HTML5, and more. BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Why SaaS Can Be Flat-Out Terrible LEARNDASH | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.