| || |
| | THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG
NOVEMBER 10, 2011 Why is a Mobile Learning Strategy Important?
With mobile learning getting a lot of interest recently (roughly 50% of businesses surveyed say they have plans to implement some form of mobile learning in the foreseeable future), it’s becoming clear that many companies don’t have a plan to successfully create a sustainable, robust mobile learning strategy. This is evidenced by the quick jump from talking about goals and roadmaps to the proverbial “We need an app for that!” conclusion that is being reached in meetings and boardrooms across all industries and company sizes. Perhaps the app shouldn’t have been built at all.
| | JAY CROSS
NOVEMBER 6, 2011 Occupy Education
Yesterday I attended a beta workshop conducted by Jerry Michalski on the wecono.me (We+Economy), an application of the principles of the Relationship Economy. What is the Relationship Economy? Occupy. Here’s the opening salvo. We used the hand signals of the Occupy movement as our public backchannel as we focused on reforming education. Scarcity vs abundance in schooling. Hot Studio.
| | IGNATIA WEBS
NOVEMBER 10, 2011 Are #mLearning projects in Africa really successful? #ICT4D critique
Although a propagator of learning with mobile devices, in this seminar John Traxler takes a look at learning with mobile devices from another angle, a critical one while looking for answers from all of us. John Traxler lives and breathes mobility. During his seminar, John raised two major questions: Are learning projects based on mobile devices really helping Africa forward? Is it real progress?
| | THE PEFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT BLOG
NOVEMBER 8, 2011 Barriers to Learning in Organizations
Continuous acquisition and application of knowledge, skills, and beliefs by individuals, teams, and the ? whole enterprise is an essential aspect of high performance organizations. However, barriers to this learning are common in organizations. These barriers must be overcome in order for organizations to have long term success. individual success but not recognizing team success.
| || || || |
LEARNING ROCKS Gamification by example - my slides
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
After a suitable delay, here are my slides from my talk at the eLearning Network's October Converting Classroom Courses event in London. I've added a summary of what I said on each slide in the notes. Gamification by example View more presentations from Dan Roddy This was the "winning" talk on the day. Not sure I agree with the idea of it being a competitive event, however, I certainly felt better prepared for having used my audio tool , so if you are working on a talk for Ignite or PK, give it a go MORE >>
TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK Need a good video transcoder?
| TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
Handbrake is an open-source program (free) thatconverts video.It is available for PC, MAC and Linux platforms. discovered Handbrake when I was convertingPowerPoint presentations to video for iPAD distribution. The PowerPoint Saveand Send as Video function converts the PPT to a WMV file. used Handbrake toconvert the WMV to MP4 format. Start by selecting your source file (or files). Handbrakescans and sets up the GUI for the selected source file. Select your destinationand configure the output settings. Choose a preset from the Preset list. Press the "EncodeVideo" button. Check it out: [link MORE >>
ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS “Publishes to HTML5?? Buyer, Beware.
| WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
I’ve come across a few rather disturbing instances in the marketing of authoring software lately. guess it’s not too much of a surprise, since vendors are now pretty much tripping over themselves to deliver content to the iPad (and now all mobile devices ), but it’s disturbing nonetheless. Which pretty much makes it worthless. sat in on the HTML5 Morning Buzz at DevLearn and also presented on HTML5 authoring tools (and I will do a longer post on that soon, I promise). Other Sharing/Saving Options. Development devlearn elearning html5 software Tools MORE >>
INTEGRATED LEARNINGS Building eLearning Scenarios in Working Sessions with SMEs
| WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
By Shelley A. Gable. We know that scenarios benefit performance by immersing learners into workplace situations within training. The storytelling quality of scenarios helps make the lessons learned in training memorable. And there are many ways to incorporate stories and scenarios into eLearning. But how do you write these scenarios in the first place? After all, crafting a realistic scenario requires leveraging tacit knowledge that only a subject matter expert (SME) might possess. Knowledge that is often not documented, even in the most comprehensive knowledge management systems. And so on. MORE >>
TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING Infographic: Technology Enhances Learning
| WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
Today’s students are technologically savvy and spend hours a day online. This infographic from Socrato illustrates teachers’ responses after being asked to gauge the effectiveness of various forms of education materials….might might the same apply to instructors and employees within corporate/enterprise settings as well? John Hillsman. Business Development Manager. John.email@example.com. www.interactyx.com. LMS & eLearning MORE >>
- Don’t use Facebook for teaching your class – use Edmodo! ELEARNING ACUPUNCTURE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Apture - free pop-up glossary TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Study Stack Flash Cards MOODLE JOURNAL | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- President Clinton Keynote Mindmap CLARK QUINN | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- What is Engagement Anyway? BRAVE NEW ORG | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Designing a Digital Future: Presentation Resources KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Authoring Tools- The DevLearn Experience ELEARNING 24-7 | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Adobe Drops Flash for Mobile - What Does it Mean for mLearning and eLearning? RAPID INTAKE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- PowerPoint 2010: Animating the Pieces of a Grouped Object as a Whole I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- What is a Cognitive Apprenticeship? KAPP NOTES | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- HTML5 Fans Rejoice – Adobe Ditches Flash Player on Mobile Devices ELEARNING 24-7 | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Getting Your GSA for US government eLearning Development Privileges MANAGING ELEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- “delete all of the apps and media” JAY CROSS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Reading from a script is not for me CLIVE ON LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Avoiding the Trap of Clicky-Clicky Bling-Bling #devlearn LEARNING VISIONS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2011
- John Lithgow Keynote Mindmap CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Animated vs. Static Learning Agents – My M.Ed. Capstone Research ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Why does learning content seem so much more exciting on an iPad? CLIVE ON LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Convert Your Cool Captivate Quizzes to HTML5 Format! ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Employee Engagement is not about Buzz Word Bingo BRAVE NEW ORG | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Tom Crawford: Design for Mobile The Ups and Downs of the Small Screen #devlearn @vizchef LEARNING VISIONS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2011
- So you (still) want to be an elearning consultant? LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Want to write? Get on a train CLIVE ON LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- SharePoint adopted faster than any other application I’ve ever seen! SHAREPOINT AND ASSESSMENT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Profile: Project Integration Management Simulation CLARK ALDRICH | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Call to Action: 3 Big Reasons You Need a Portfolio TRINA RIMMER | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- The Future of e-Learning Content after Adobe Kills Flash on Mobile Devices VIKAS JOSHI ON INTERACTIVE LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- FICCI Higher Education Summit 2011 VIPLAV BAXI MEANDERINGS | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Training: The Value of Assessments I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- 7 Signs Your Rockstar Employee Is Looking For a New Job MINDFLASH | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Social Learning is Not New, But It Can Be Transformative OUTSTART KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- 7 Things you should know about MOOCs GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Getting Comfortable with Incompetence BAMBOO PROJECT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Download our Medical and Healthcare Ebook ENSPIRE LEARNING | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Jay Cross - Untitled Article JAY CROSS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Awards? Who needs them? SPICY LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Layered Learning CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- And Speaking of HTML5… Adobe Captivate! ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- The Blame Game LEARNING CAFE | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011
- Flash For Mobile Is Dead UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Profile: Sid Meier's Civilization IV CLARK ALDRICH | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.