| || |
| | THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG
NOVEMBER 10, 2011 Why is a Mobile Learning Strategy Important?
With mobile learning getting a lot of interest recently (roughly 50% of businesses surveyed say they have plans to implement some form of mobile learning in the foreseeable future), it’s becoming clear that many companies don’t have a plan to successfully create a sustainable, robust mobile learning strategy. This is evidenced by the quick jump from talking about goals and roadmaps to the proverbial “We need an app for that!” conclusion that is being reached in meetings and boardrooms across all industries and company sizes. Perhaps the app shouldn’t have been built at all.
| | IGNATIA WEBS
NOVEMBER 10, 2011 Are #mLearning projects in Africa really successful? #ICT4D critique
Although a propagator of learning with mobile devices, in this seminar John Traxler takes a look at learning with mobile devices from another angle, a critical one while looking for answers from all of us. John Traxler lives and breathes mobility. During his seminar, John raised two major questions: Are learning projects based on mobile devices really helping Africa forward? Is it real progress?
| | JAY CROSS
NOVEMBER 6, 2011 Occupy Education
Yesterday I attended a beta workshop conducted by Jerry Michalski on the wecono.me (We+Economy), an application of the principles of the Relationship Economy. What is the Relationship Economy? Occupy. Here’s the opening salvo. We used the hand signals of the Occupy movement as our public backchannel as we focused on reforming education. Scarcity vs abundance in schooling. Hot Studio.
| | BRAVE NEW ORG
NOVEMBER 9, 2011 What is Engagement Anyway?
Ahh, engagement. The term that means so much yet, paradoxically, so little. Is it whether an employee feels good about their boss? Their team? Is it if an employee recommends their employer to their own network as a ‘great place to work ?’ ’ Is it due to tenure; the point at which an employee indicates they are no longer looking elsewhere for employment? My thoughts? That’s it.
| || || || |
CLARK QUINN President Clinton Keynote Mindmap
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
President Bill Clinton riveted the crowd with a keynote covering a broad swath of problems. His solutions include systems thinking and positive dialog. Engaging and powerful. strategy MORE >>
KAPP NOTES Designing a Digital Future: Presentation Resources
| TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
Here are resources from my talk at The Pennsylvania College of Technology for their workshop “Designing a Digital Future” Combining Art, Creativity and Industrial Simulations: Game-Based Tools for Learning and Instruction. View more presentations from Karl Kapp. References from Presentation. Here is a great example of augmented reality. Courtesy of BMW. The implications for education, especially in manufacturing could be huge. Are you challenging your learners? Don’t treat them like babies. Great video about storytelling by Ira Glass. Educational Games for the Classroom. MORE >>
- Barriers to Learning in Organizations
Continuous acquisition and application of knowledge, skills, and beliefs by individuals, teams, and the ? whole enterprise is an essential aspect of high performance organizations. However, barriers to this learning are common in organizations. These barriers must be overcome in order for organizations to have long term success. Limited resources – learning is not given adequate funding and support, e.g., staff are not given resources to experiment with new ideas before risking large scale implementation. individual success but not recognizing team success. MORE >>
INTEGRATED LEARNINGS Building eLearning Scenarios in Working Sessions with SMEs
| WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
By Shelley A. Gable. We know that scenarios benefit performance by immersing learners into workplace situations within training. The storytelling quality of scenarios helps make the lessons learned in training memorable. And there are many ways to incorporate stories and scenarios into eLearning. But how do you write these scenarios in the first place? After all, crafting a realistic scenario requires leveraging tacit knowledge that only a subject matter expert (SME) might possess. Knowledge that is often not documented, even in the most comprehensive knowledge management systems. And so on. MORE >>
TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING Infographic: Technology Enhances Learning
| WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
Today’s students are technologically savvy and spend hours a day online. This infographic from Socrato illustrates teachers’ responses after being asked to gauge the effectiveness of various forms of education materials….might might the same apply to instructors and employees within corporate/enterprise settings as well? John Hillsman. Business Development Manager. John.email@example.com. www.interactyx.com. LMS & eLearning MORE >>
- What is a Cognitive Apprenticeship? KAPP NOTES | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- HTML5 Fans Rejoice – Adobe Ditches Flash Player on Mobile Devices ELEARNING 24-7 | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- “Publishes to HTML5?? Buyer, Beware. ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Reading from a script is not for me CLIVE ON LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Employee Engagement is not about Buzz Word Bingo BRAVE NEW ORG | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Don’t use Facebook for teaching your class – use Edmodo! ELEARNING ACUPUNCTURE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Need a good video transcoder? TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Authoring Tools- The DevLearn Experience ELEARNING 24-7 | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Gamification by example - my slides LEARNING ROCKS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Study Stack Flash Cards MOODLE JOURNAL | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Apture - free pop-up glossary TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- PowerPoint 2010: Animating the Pieces of a Grouped Object as a Whole I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Adobe Drops Flash for Mobile - What Does it Mean for mLearning and eLearning? RAPID INTAKE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Getting Your GSA for US government eLearning Development Privileges MANAGING ELEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- “delete all of the apps and media” JAY CROSS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- The Future of e-Learning Content after Adobe Kills Flash on Mobile Devices VIKAS JOSHI ON INTERACTIVE LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Why does learning content seem so much more exciting on an iPad? CLIVE ON LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- John Lithgow Keynote Mindmap CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Avoiding the Trap of Clicky-Clicky Bling-Bling #devlearn LEARNING VISIONS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2011
- mLearning in Africa VIKAS JOSHI ON INTERACTIVE LEARNING | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011
- Want to write? Get on a train CLIVE ON LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- Animated vs. Static Learning Agents – My M.Ed. Capstone Research ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- He's only me LEARNING WITH E'S | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Convert Your Cool Captivate Quizzes to HTML5 Format! ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Tom Crawford: Design for Mobile The Ups and Downs of the Small Screen #devlearn @vizchef LEARNING VISIONS | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2011
- 7 Signs Your Rockstar Employee Is Looking For a New Job MINDFLASH | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Double agent LEARNING WITH E'S | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- Call to Action: 3 Big Reasons You Need a Portfolio TRINA RIMMER | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- So you (still) want to be an elearning consultant? LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Awards? Who needs them? SPICY LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- SharePoint adopted faster than any other application I’ve ever seen! SHAREPOINT AND ASSESSMENT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Double or quits LEARNING WITH E'S | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Flash For Mobile Is Dead UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Profile: Project Integration Management Simulation CLARK ALDRICH | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- New ProtoSphere Update: Some Great Stuff KAPP NOTES | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- 7 Things you should know about MOOCs GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- Getting Comfortable with Incompetence BAMBOO PROJECT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- FICCI Higher Education Summit 2011 VIPLAV BAXI MEANDERINGS | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011
- November Guest Blogger: Chad Udell THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Jay Cross - Untitled Article JAY CROSS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
- Key social learning resources: part 10 JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.