| || |
| | JAY CROSS
APRIL 17, 2012 Flipping Corporate Learning
Flipping learning is big in education. It will be big in corporate learning. Let’s not blow it. How do you flip learning? Khan Academy is the poster child for flipped learning. Sal Khan has produced more than 3,000 short videos on a variety of topics. Students watch the videos before coming to class. Millions of students are learning this way. Flipping makes a ton a sense. Flipping Stanford.
| | TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING
APRIL 19, 2012 25 Good #Hashtags to Know
There are are about 200 million tweets sent per day. How do you sift through all of that information to get to what interests you? One word – Hashtags. Hashtags, or known as ‘#’, are used in tweets to help group relevant information together. By sorting hashtags, you can get a stream of related tweets instead of trying to drink from the firehose of tweet feeds. SKILLSHARE. HOWTO.
| | CLIVE ON LEARNING
APRIL 19, 2012 Why face-to-face should be for special occasions
Like most people, I listen to quite a bit of music, but only very occasionally do I go to a live gig or concert; I watch a considerable amount of drama (most of it mysteries and thrillers I’m afraid), but this is on TV, only very rarely at the theatre; and I watch my fair share of sport, mostly on TV but (here’s where I break the pattern), also quite regularly at the Amex stadium in Brighton. The live events I have attended in my life are, in many cases, peak moments of high emotional engagement that I will never forget. The rest is just passing the time enjoyably.
| | THE PEFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT BLOG
APRIL 20, 2012 The Future of Work and Learning
I have been asked to speak to a group of 14 to 16 year olds about the importance of finishing high school and attending college. It’s one of my favorite topics. But as I thought about the talk I realized that I better say something about the future of work and why college has become more important than ever. It’s fun but risky to speculate about the future of work and learning.
| || || || |
E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR My 15 favourite Australian e-learning bloggers
| MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
Fay Moore made my day when she nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m still unsure as to whether this is the blogosphere’s version of a chain letter, but in any case it gives me a good excuse to: A) Thank Fay for her support, and. B) Promote other bloggers. According to the VBA Rules I’m supposed to nominate 15 bloggers whom I have recently discovered or follow regularly. Here they are in alphabetical order… Anne Bartlett-Bragg – Anne probably doesn’t know this, but she opened my eyes to the power of wikis at a conference in Sydney many years ago. MORE >>
- Gamification Blog Book Tour Underway!
TODAY"S TOUR STOP: April 17: Gamification Facebook Page The stop includes a link to the first chapter of the book. And while you are there, give it a LIKE! The blog book tour has started as ASTD and I kick-off a 25 stop blog book tour for the ASTD co-published book The Gamification of Learning and Instruction: Game-based Methods and Strategies for Training and Education. The book is available at the ASTD Book Store. The tour includes stops at several ASTD chapter web sites including Philadelphia, New York and Houston, Texas. Here are all the tour stop dates. April 16: Learning Circuits Blog. MORE >>
CLARK QUINN elearning versus mlearning
| FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
Mayra Aixa Avilar (who I hope to meet someday, maybe at mLearnCon ?)pointed pointed to this post saying “mLearning is starting to diverge from eLearning not only in specific meaning, but in approach and design as well”, and I want to politely disagree. Depends, of course, on what you mean by elearning, to start with. The clear implication is that elearning is about courses on the desktop. As I’ve discussed before, when I’m talking about ‘ big L ‘ learning, I’m covering research, performance, innovation, creativity as well as more typical execution. MORE >>
CHALLENGE TO LEARN Food for thought: 50 Educational thinkers
| SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012
Donald Clark is writing 50 post on 50 learning theorist in 5o days. Very interesting read. It goes from Socrates to Marx, from Jesus and Mohammed to Illich and Pavlov and from Cross to Shank. Food for thought. His reason for doing this (in his own words): ‘Most physicists know of Newton, Einstein and Hawking. Most artists know of Michelangelo, Rembrandt and Picasso. Most musicians know of Beethoven, Mozart and the Beatles. Businessmen know of Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and Bill Gates. Even criminals would know of Guy Fawkes, Jack the Ripper and the Boston Strangler. MORE >>
UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG Mobile Workforce Is Growing – Is Your Training Strategy Evolving?
| MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
IDC projects the mobile workforce to reach 1.3 billion, up from 1 billion in 2010, which is a staggering 37.2% of the workforce worldwide. 75% of North America’s workforce will be mobile by 2010. few months ago Mashable posted this interesting infographic on the mobile workforce. think this adoption of mobile technologies by the workforce will have a profound impact on the skills needed by the employees and employers. It requires news sets of skills empowering employees to become self-reliant and self-motivated. The training strategy will also need to evolve to accommodate these changes. MORE >>
- Free online book with 58 tips on instructional design IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- Creating a Measurement Model THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Managing SMEs #1 - Understanding ISD & SME Tensions in eLearning & mLearning Instructional Design DEVELOPER ON DUTY | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- Fiction lessons for e-learning SPARK YOUR INTEREST | MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
- #MobiMOOC free, online course on #mLearning runs 8 – 30 September 2012 choose your favorite topics IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- 16 Months of Social Learning Platform Insanity: A Recap BRAVE NEW ORG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- �The Golden Climate in Distance Learning�: Increase Connection. WIRED@HEART | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- E-Learning 101 ELEARNING 24-7 | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Three (More) Keys to Better Performance Support SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- Adobe Captivate 5/5.5: Wacky Shapes Rule I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- #ict4d challenges to deliver sustainable #mLearning in developing regions IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Adapting elearning programs cross-culturally EFRONT | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- The Gamification of Learning and Instruction Blog Book Tour Underway! KAPP NOTES | MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
- PowerPoint 2010: Use Video Bookmarks to Trigger Animations I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- This Week in mLearning Podcast – Native Apps vs. Mobile Web [Episode 2] MLEARNING REVOLUTION | SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2012
- Positive Deviance and Prospiracies SPARK YOUR INTEREST | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- Alternatives To ‘Correct’ and ‘Incorrect’ THE ELEARNING COACH | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- 153 FREE e-Learning Character Graphics LEARNDASH | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Social media and reflection: marriage or divorce? JOITSKE HULSEBOSCH ELEARNING | MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
- Management Support of Training INTEGRATED LEARNINGS | SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012
- 7 Learning Industry Websites You Need To Know LEARNDASH | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- Trainers: Is Gladwell's 10,000 Hour Rule a Hoax? BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- Remaking education in the image of our desires GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Creative learning spaces LEARNING WITH E'S | SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012
- Why SCORM Tin Can API Will Fail (Initially) LEARNDASH | MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
- Three Principles for Net Work LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012
- The Gamification of Learning and Instruction: What Will You Gain From This Book? ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
- The “m” in mLearning means More MLEARNING REVOLUTION | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- eLearning vs mLearning ICS LEARNING GROUP | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- Using social media for onboarding LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Join us for The Forge - Beyond Bullet Points & How to Record the Screen of a Mobile Device VISUAL LOUNGE | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- Humanline - more free images for educational use ELEARNING ACUPUNCTURE | FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
- Have the wheels come off? LEARNING WITH E'S | SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012
- How Training Can Get Employees Out of a Performance Rut MINDFLASH | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- Your Job Is Not Forever BRIAN DUSABLON | FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
- It’s all about conversations LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
- Opening Pandora's box LEARNING WITH E'S | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- In ‘Flipped’ Classroom, the Emphasis Must Be on Support, Not Video MINDFLASH | MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
- The Chocofication of Learning PERFORMANCE PUNCTUATED | FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
- New Course + Quiz Template using the Power of Adobe Photoshop! ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- Why You Should Love Your Virtual Workforce LEARNING ON THE LEADING EDGE | SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.