| || |
| | TONY KARRER
MARCH 31, 2009 LMS and Social Learning
As a follow on to the discussion of social learning and formal learning in Long Live … great post by BJ Schone - Have LMSs Jumped The Shark? constantly hear people (across many organizations) complain about their learning management system (LMS). They complain that their LMS has a terrible interface that is nearly unusable. Upgrades are difficult and cumbersome. Users hate the system. It’s ugly.
| | SPEAK OUT
APRIL 2, 2009 How to tackle a demotivated learner?
A demotivated learner is any IDs nightmare. Don't we love it when learners are highly motivated, thirsty for knowledge, and realize the 'what is in it for me' even before the course begins? Symptoms of a demotivated learner: During interviews, they frown over the concept that you are going to teach. They do not appreciate the fact that HAVE to take the course. I can't blame them.) They try to convince you that they know everything they need to about the concept (you know otherwise through research). The situation is very, very dangerous if you spot all the five symptoms in your learner profile.
| | DARETOSHARE
APRIL 1, 2009 What is Social Learning?
Here is my attempt to define Social Learning for non technical people who have had virtually no experience with social media or software. Most of what we learn, we learn from other people – from conversing with others – and networks promote those conversations. Social Learning can create more powerful and enduring learning experiences through the use of online communities and networks , where learners are encouraged to co- create , collaborate and share knowledge and fully participate in their learning. Social Learning is enabled by the use of Enterprise Social Software. .
| | CLIVE ON LEARNING
APRIL 1, 2009 Brain rules #3
Rule 3: Every brain is wired differently In this chapter, John Medina explains how every brain is different from every other: "When you learn something, the wiring in your brain changes." What you do in life physically changes what your brain looks like." Our brains are so sensitive to external inputs that their physical wiring depends upon the culture in which they find themselves." Learning results in physical changes to the brain and these changes are unique to each individual." Students of the same age show a great deal of intellectual variability."
| || || || |
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME The Nature of Online Collaboration
| SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
With Web 2.0 being the buzz around the Internet, and Wikis, Blogs, Twitter, etc getting mentioned in just about every blog every day (me included), does it ask for a little ‘reflection’? What exactly is meant by the ‘Nature of Online Collaboration‘? Here’s a few links I thought I’d share with you (the original pages [.]. eLearning Blog Wiki MORE >>
THE LEARNING GENERALIST Using Whitespace and avoiding Logo-fication
| SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
Its strange how most TV channels these days have a ticker/ banner scrolling down the bottom of your screen which most people hardly notice. don't think there's a single cricket match in India where the bottom of the screen isn't hijacked by advertisements. This doesn't seem to bother us anymore though. We've just switched ourselves off to these forcible interruptions into our experience. The same goes for news websites and other such resources on the interweb. Take a look at the example below -- this could be just about any website. That's exactly the point. don't want to use that space. MORE >>
ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG Captivate 4 tutorials
| FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
Captivate 4 , Captivate tutorials. Late last year, I had blogged about a set of Captivate 3 tutorials on the Adobe website. These were specifically crated for the education industry and most of our readers have found them very useful. This has now been completely refreshed for Captivate 4- with new topics on the key Captivate 4 features. The PDFs are below: Recording and Publishing software simulations. Roundtripping with MS PowerPoint. Scenario Simulations using Captivate. Editing Captivate Projects. Creating Quizzes. Creating dynamic presentations with the new 'Variables'. Audio. Drawing. MORE >>
CLIVE ON LEARNING US surveys show e-learning on the rise as training budgets fall
| THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
Thanks to Kineo for pointing me to the Market Update recently released by Ambient Insight which forecasts a compound annual growth rate of 16.3% from 2008 to 2013 for learning technology products and services. The report notes that "the market is favorable for learning technology suppliers, despite, or perhaps because of, the recession." " The report forecasts especially rapid growth for collaborative e-learning, mobile learning, self-paced learning, and simulations and games. The result? Headcount is also being hit as 36% of respondents reported a reduction. MORE >>
ELEARNING WEEKLY Build a Learning Portal Using WordPress
| FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
I’ve written before about learning portals and how they can be a great way to improve access to learning materials for users. wanted to provide a more in-depth post that shows how you can create your own learning portal using the freely available content management system, WordPress. So, let’s get started… Refresher: What is a portal? This paragraph is from a previous post.). learning portal is a web site that contains links to all different types of learning and training materials for employees at an organization. It may take a little while, but we’ll get there. Good luck! MORE >>
- Breathing life into an informal learning strategy LEARNING JOURNAL | SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
- Internet culture JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- Hive Five: Five Best Mind Mapping Applications | Lifehacker Australia TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- Instructional Design Courses In India THE LEARNED MAN | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Hosted vs. Behind-the-firewall LMS – How To Decide? UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2009
- First, kill all the instructors JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009
- Ignatia Webs: Big Question: get your innovative eLearning ideas out no matter what others think! IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- How to keep track of clients’ favorite details MAKING CHANGE | MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009
- Irish Government to tax learners with "failure fee" THE E-LEARNING CURVE | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- The Power of a Network in Action ENGAGED LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2009
- Visualizing Search Results GEORGE SIEMENS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2009
- YouTube EDU ELEARNING WEEKLY | SATURDAY, MARCH 28, 2009
- How to Find Pictures for Your eLearning " Engaged Training TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Mobile Learning RAPID ELEARNING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2009
- How to turn-off your learners | eLearning Blog // Don't Waste Your Time. TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- eSchoolNews TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- E-Learning Content as a Service TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Learning Barometer | Surveys TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Why mobile learning is on the rise and benefits diverse populations IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- New Webinar: Overcoming the Top 10 Objections to Social Learning ENGAGED LEARNING | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- New - Camtasia Studio 6 and Visual Lounge Blog in German VISUAL LOUNGE | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- Meet Nancy Joyce NO TRAVEL REQUIRED | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Some sample uses of Second Life SUBQUARK | SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
- Screencast of the Week - SocialText VISUAL LOUNGE | SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
- Getting Revolutionary: LC Big Q CLARK QUINN | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- A different viewpoint to eLearning DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009
- 7 Informal Learning Services for the Training Function GRAM CONSULTING | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Have Questions about Camtasia Relay? VISUAL LOUNGE | SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
- Live Long CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- Sharing and attribution GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Why call it ‘eLearning’ when it is clearly NOT eLearning? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2009
- Camtasia Studio v6.0.2 Released - FLV is Back. VISUAL LOUNGE | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- LearnX Asia Pacific 2009 - Day 1 E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- New CourseBuilder Features ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- The future of Twitter … ? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- Competing in today's "ID-cathelon" ELLEN WAGNER | SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
- Articulate ’09: Tips for Resolving Common Issues UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
- Invasion of the privacy snatchers LEARNING WITH E'S | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- Don’t look to business schools for leadership LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2009
- Now Hiring – Join Tom’s Team RAPID ELEARNING BLOG | SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2009
- Microsoft Surface Launched UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.