| || |
| | UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG
JULY 26, 2011 Five Practical Mobile Learning Tips
Find a problem with learning or performance first , think about learning next, and mobile learning last. This is somewhat analogous to “If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” Look for a learning/performance problem and analyze carefully if mobile learning is a possible solution and not the other way round. Ask if there will be a real benefit for the user. Content pull?
| | SPICY LEARNING
JULY 29, 2011 Gamification in e-learning
This is a report back from my first day working at Saffron Interactive. Apologies for the short delay, but you’ll understand that I have been very busy for the last month! In an exciting start to my Saffron career I spent my first day attending the Learning and Skills Group (LSG) conference at Olympia – a great way to be introduced to the world of e-learning. Radoff, Jon (2011). Wiley.
| | ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS
JULY 28, 2011 If Not ADDIE, Then What? Part 1: Thiagi’s 4-Door Model
In this short series , I’m highlighting instructional design models that have had profound impacts on my work… specifically those that speak to the creative process, and specifically those that have originated in the practice of creating corporate learning. These areas represent different ways in which the learner can interact with the content of the course and even other learners.
| | INTEGRATED LEARNINGS
JULY 27, 2011 Memorable Ways to End an eLearning Course
By Shelley A. Gable. The recency effect tells us that people are more likely to remember information from the end of a sequence. In other words, when taking an eLearning course, learners are most likely to remember how the course ended, although the stuff in the middle might blur together. Cognitive theorists believe that as new information enters the working memory, earlier information is pushed out. Since the information entering at the end doesn't get pushed out as quickly, the brain has more time to process and remember that later information. Visual representation. Illustrative story.
| || || || |
SPEAK OUT Storyboarding at Kern
| MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
Recently, we had a client request us to storyboard on Microsoft Word. Whenever I hear this request, I cringe as I recollect my previous experiences of storyboard on Word. Word is a 'text-centered' tool. Word encourages me to write long descriptions of what will happen in each screen. Using drawing tools in Word is a pain. am a more visual person (or so I have been told). Typically, Word storyboards have tables with screen number, OST, Audio, graphic description, and so on. The first time, it acts perfect. By the second review, the text and/or images will start disappearing. Why did we use Word? MORE >>
ZAIDLEARN Moodle Tool Guide for Educators!
| FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
Download Moodle Tool Guide Joyce Seitzinger published this really useful Moodle tool guide more than one year ago, but it is certainly still useful. If you missed it and use Moodle at your institution, I am confident that this one-page excellent quick reference tool guide could be really helpful. was planning to develop something similar, but when I discovered it at David Hopkins 's blog, his blog title reminded me why I should not waste my time on reinventing it (which probably would have turned out worse, too!). And of course learning from it! Thanks :). Moodle MORE >>
CLIVE ON LEARNING Give Cruella a chance
| SUNDAY, JULY 24, 2011
Epic have begun their Summer 2011 debate. The motion this year is: “This house believes that as social learning increases, so the requirement for traditional training departments shrinks”. am speaking against the motion. Arguing against social media is like asking for support for Cruella De Vil in her quest to make a nice new coat from those cuddly dalmations. And taking an opposite stance to Jane Hart, a long-standing colleague and everyone's favourite spokesperson for social media, makes things even harder. Not that I had any choice. Jane, it seems, chose to support the motion. MORE >>
ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS If Not ADDIE, Then What?
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
ADDIE is often maligned in our industry these days, and often for good cause. I’m not going to delve into criticisms here; rather, I’m just writing to introduce a series of short posts I will make over the next few days, highlighting instructional design models that have had profound impacts on my work — specifically those that: speak to the creative process of creating learning experiences, and. have originated in the practice of creating corporate learning (rather than in academic theory). Please stay tuned and feel free to share your own inspirations, as well! MORE >>
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME Future of Technology in Education Infographic #FOTiE11 @FOTiE
| TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
Last year I was lucky enough to obtain one of the few tickets that were available for the 2010 Future of Technology in Education Conference organised by ULCC: [link]. Since the time is rapidly approaching when this year’s tickets will be made available I was interested in seeing this infographic on details and statistics from the 2009 and 2010 conferences. Enjoy, and I hope to see you there again this year ( October 7th ). Click to view on Flickr). Related posts: Infographic: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs & the Social Media that Fulfill ‘Em. MORE >>
- Writing & Grammar: Checklists, Part III I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
- The New Capitalist Manifesto JAY CROSS | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- Three things all teachers need LEARNING WITH E'S | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- Future of elearning industry looks Bright! KAPP NOTES | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- PowerPoint 2010: Change the Picture, Keep the Animation I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
- India And The Mobile Internet Revolution UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- Can We Learn from Information? ALEARNING | FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
- Review: DesignJot E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- Free #eLearning magazines to follow with interest IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- How Different Employees Survive a Workplace Meeting MINDFLASH | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- What’s hurting the LMS market ELEARNING 24-7 | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- If Not ADDIE, Then What? Part 2: Cathy Moore’s Action Mapping ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
- On Education, Badges and Scouting AARON SILVERS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- Shaping the future LEARNING WITH E'S | FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
- Facebook for Educators MOODLE JOURNAL | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- Experience-Performance-Reflection LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- Creating Menus and Showing the Visited Links using Advanced Actions ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- A practical guide to creating learning tutorials: part 2 ONLIGNMENT | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- Welcome to the Learning Decade! ALEARNING | SUNDAY, JULY 24, 2011
- Levels of analysis CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
- Loosen up and have a little fun #LCBQ SPARK YOUR INTEREST | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- evaluation examples LEARNFOREVER | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- Help us #save new born babies lives by using #mobile devices for #ultrasound IGNATIA WEBS | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- Importing SWFs to Captivate – Match the FPS! ICS LEARNING GROUP | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
- SharePoint Strong for Showing Student Scores? SHAREPOINT AND ASSESSMENT | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- Creating Custom Mute/Unmute Audio Button using Advanced Actions and Variables ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
- Connecting the Dots BAMBOO PROJECT | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- The ToolBar, Episode Three BRIAN DUSABLON | SATURDAY, JULY 23, 2011
- Review: DesignJot E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- PLAY ME or TRADE ME WONDERFUL BRAIN | SATURDAY, JULY 23, 2011
- Chomp, chomp chomp! Welcome ScreenChomp and TechSmith Labs! VISUAL LOUNGE | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
- The future of L&D department debate continues JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SATURDAY, JULY 23, 2011
- Career Simplicity--Paring Down to the Essentials BAMBOO PROJECT | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- Third Summer 2011 “Learning in 3D Class” KAPP NOTES | THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011
- The Smart Worker : needs job aids rather than courses JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
- Library 2.0 (or Phone Booth 2.0) ECONTENT | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
- Webinar - Creating eLearning with Adobe Captivate for Android Devices TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
- 3D Tips for the Part-Time eLearning Freelancer ELEARNING WEEKLY | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
- Yes, you CAN sell elearning to your boss! ELEARNING NOT AS USUAL | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- Meaningful User Experiences BRIAN DUSABLON | FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2011
- Cycling Off The Grid! ECONTENT | TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.