| || |
| | THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG
MARCH 20, 2012 Curation: A Core Competency for Learning Professionals
In my first two posts for Learning Circuits, I explored how I use Twitter as a professional development tool , and last week we looked at Filtering: A Challenge and Responsibility for Learning Professionals. This week we're going to explore filtering further, and explain how learning professionals will provide filtering services on an increasing basis. There are two primary ways that filtering will impact learning professionals. The first impact is in helping workers understand the need and techniques for filtering. For many, this need to filter is something they may not have considered before.
| | SPICY LEARNING
MARCH 20, 2012 How can Instructional Design be visual as well as engaging?
My dad used to explain astronomy to me using salt pots and oranges. The orange generally represented the sun, whilst the salt pots, ketchup bottles and whatever else was on the kitchen table stood in for planets and comets. Learning has been using this ‘show, don’t tell’ approach for a long time. We can create virtual kinaesthetic learning in different ways.
| | THE PEFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT BLOG
MARCH 22, 2012 What's Better: eLearning or Classroom?
We need to examine the proliferation of Web-based education before it gets out of hand (It may be too late.). Online college courses are being promoted as the panacea for producing more college graduates and strengthening the workforce. Many companies are also convinced that “elearning” is the answer to their employee training and development needs. Nobody wants to be left behind. study by the U.S.
| | THE LEARNING GENERALIST
MARCH 21, 2012 Designing Mobile Performance Support Apps - @elearningcoach
I'm sitting in a Mobile Learning session with one of my favourite people and authors - Connie Malamed, so forgive me for being extremely nice with my write up if that's what happens by the end of this talk. Connie's had a journey learning about apps on Mobile. She wanted to create a performance support app for instructional designers. It's called Instructional Design Guru. You should check it out. In today's talk she's going to tell us how you can walk through the design experience before you hand it over to a programmer. When designing for mobile it's important to think of the context.
| || || || |
CLIVE ON LEARNING Learning, learners and logistics
| FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
For some time now I have settled on a simple three stage approach for gathering the information I need in order to come up with a design for learning. It seems to work at a micro level, say designing a short e-learning module, as well as from a wider perspective, such as scoping out a learning architecture. My terminology for the three elements is (1) learning outcomes, (2) audience characteristics and (3) practical constraints and opportunities - quite a mouthful. The three Ls. What, if any, learning is required to support this change in performance. How motivated will learners be? MORE >>
SPICY LEARNING How can Instructional Design be visual as well as engaging?
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
My dad used to explain astronomy to me using salt pots and oranges. The orange generally represented the sun, whilst the salt pots, ketchup bottles and whatever else was on the kitchen table stood in for planets and comets. He would then make them all ‘orbit’ each other, enlisting my help when he ran out of hands and demonstrating why the moon seemed to change size each night, or how a solar eclipse worked. Learning has been using this ‘show, don’t tell’ approach for a long time. We can create virtual kinaesthetic learning in different ways. MORE >>
ICS LEARNING GROUP Mobile Learning: Trending Up, Slow but Steady
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
As has been apparent for a couple years now, ‘mobile devices’ are finally entering a level of media maturity. Apple deserves a large part of the credit when it comes to pushing innovation into the wild. The iPhone pushed Google to commit to Android and forced Microsoft and other players to either improve their products or get out of the game. Apple did the same with the iPad, finally delivering a ‘handy’ portable device with the power of a desktop, and once again pushed the competition to either join in or cede the market. Only” two years? Not a chance. MORE >>
TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING 7 Reasons Why Online Interaction is Important for Businesses
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
Is social media creating more avenues for people to interact? What does this mean for businesses? How can businesses increase external and internal online interaction ? recent article posted by Jonathan Fisher at [link] has a great infographic highlight just how important online interaction is for today’s businesses. Jonathan Fisher states, ”So what’s the return-on-investment of social media? This infographic from j6 design answers that question. ” I think that ends on a very good point: people want to interact with humans, not bots. Jeffrey A. Jeffrey.Roth@Interactyx.com. MORE >>
SHAREPOINT AND ASSESSMENT How Microsoft themselves use SharePoint to help 45,000 employees learn better
| FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
Thought leader interview with Jim Federico of Microsoft on how Microsoft use SharePoint internally for learning. Jim is a Sr. Director of Operations and Platforms at Microsoft, responsible for training and readiness for the customer facing roles at Microsoft. Jim, what is your background? spent 13 years running technology and product strategy for SumTotal Systems. started in learning technology developing and then managing a product called Ingenium (Jim and I first met back then) at a company called Meliora Systems. We sold that company to Asymetrix. What is your role at Microsoft? MORE >>
- E-Learning to Support Induction Training E-LEARNING ACADEMY | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- 6 Use Cases for Enterprise Micro-Blogging BRAVE NEW ORG | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- John Maeda #LSCon Mindmap CLARK QUINN | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- So you want to eliminate the online teacher? MANAGING ELEARNING | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- John Maeda The Art of Leadership #LSCon LEARNING VISIONS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Latest Trends in E-Learning ELEARNING 24-7 | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- What About the Future? JAY CROSS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Presentation Resources and Notes from IMU Learning Webinar Series KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- New eLearning Global Giveback Course: Isoniazid Preventive Therapy for the Prevention of Tuberculosis in People Living with HIV TWITTERPATED WITH LEARNING | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- PowerPoint and Prezi DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Thriving in the Net-Work Era JAY CROSS | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Deployment Vs. Implementation – Is There a Difference? LIVING IN LEARNING | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- The Art of Choosing with @Sheena_Iyengar THE LEARNING GENERALIST | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Learning Solutions #LScon: presentation on #MOOC IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Kinect, Augmented Reality and The Future of Training KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Why Blended Learning Is Really Just Blended Training MINDFLASH | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- All the amazing stuff that @JKUnrein shared in her talk today THE LEARNING GENERALIST | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- The Value of eLearning in a Tight Economy TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Kindle Highlights Social Learning MARCIA CONNER | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
- Check out a new Video Tip Series - Part one: Recording Videos VISUAL LOUNGE | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- The Art of Leadership and Learning - @JohnMaeda THE LEARNING GENERALIST | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- The PKM value-add LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Designing and Developing Great eLearning Podcast Interview with James McLuckie ROB HUBBARD | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- How Microsoft themselves use SharePoint to help 45,000 employees learn better SHAREPOINT AND ASSESSMENT | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- A question of attitude CLIVE ON LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Show me inexpensive learning interventions that work LEARNING CONVERSATIONS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Training that is centred on performance or on content – how to tell the difference. ONLIGNMENT | SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2012
- Erik Wahl #LSCon Mindmap CLARK QUINN | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- ADDIE is the Scavenger of Instructional Design, Not the Bitch Goddess (or Blooming Beyond Bloom) BIG DOG, LITTLE DOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Telling Stories with Social Media – Part One ONLIGNMENT | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- The Value of Blended Learning CONVERGE | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Adobe Captivate: Custom Cursors Anyone? I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Indian Companies Need To Double Training Spend THE LEARNED MAN | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- The Art of Vision with @ErikWahl THE LEARNING GENERALIST | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- #LMS Confusion… TAYLORING IT | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
- Learning About College Basketball Just Got Seriously Fun…and Social BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- #LSCON Day 1: people, new scorm, leadership, Lingos and more people CHALLENGE TO LEARN | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Lectora Development Best Practices Part 1 – Optimizing Preferences INTEGRATED LEARNINGS | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- LMS Confusion… TAYLORING IT | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
- Building an alliance LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2012
- Profile: The War Inside CLARK ALDRICH | SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.