| || |
| | ONTUITIVE
DECEMBER 18, 2012 You teach swimming or prevent drowning?
Okay, I realize that's a fairly aggressive title! But a fairly stark realization that has become apparent to us, as of late, both in our travels and when working with many senior learning leaders. We simply aren't tasked to deliver the same outcomes we once were. We've all heard the demands from our organizations around better aligning with business outcomes and performance measures. Yet, we continue to see the same old deliverables, often packaged in a new wrapper
| | EFRONT
DECEMBER 19, 2012 Competition Finalist 4: Top 10 Startup Social Media Curation Tools for Social Learning in the Workplace
This post was submitted by Duma Cornel Lucian. Glogster Edu is my favorite curation and presentation tool and I am proud to be an Ambassador. This edu tool opens the gateway through knowledge for students because it develops children’s creativity and innovation. Glogster EDU is the leading global education platform for the creative expression of knowledge and skills in the classroom and beyond. GlogsterEdu empower educators and students with the technology to create GLOGS – online multimedia posters – with text, photos, videos, graphics, sounds, drawings, data attachments and more.
| | SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG
DECEMBER 17, 2012 When is eLearning a Smart Management Decision?
I was asked recently to define situations where eLearning is a smart management decision over the same course in an instructor-led training (ILT) format. There There is a tremendous amount of information available about the advantages of eLearning as a delivery method, but there is not a whole lot devoted to this particular question. Situation: Your audience is geographically diverse.
| | ELEARNING 24-7
DECEMBER 19, 2012 A Look Back at E-Learning in 2012
I love the end of the year. It enables you to look back and see the triumphs, the disappointments, the good and the bad. Many people look back and are amazed. Others look back and say “What if I did that” or “What if…” It is always a half full/half empty experience. Thankfully, rather than just one person looking back and seeing what happened, we can all do so. .
| || || || |
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME Using Pinterest in the Classroom #edtech
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
If you have been thinking about how to use images and Pinterest in your classroom in an engaging and innovative way, and wondered about how ‘pinned’ images, videos, etc. can be used to group, collaborate, and crowdsource resources, then this infographic has some useful tips and links for you (click to view the full version): . Infographic: A Straightforward Guide To Using Pinterest In Education. Here are a few interesting points to get you started: Install the ‘pin it’ button to your browser so you can pin quickly and easily from any website you browse. MORE >>
BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE What’s REALLY Going On? 6 Truths About Training in 2012
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
Most of us are curious about tomorrow (hence, our fascination with all the predictions for the upcoming year)… but we live in today. At BLP , we have plans to report on top training trends we see emerging in 2013, but we want to first step back and look at what’s happening (and not happening) now. We’ve set all the hype aside to look at what was really happening in the training world in 2012. Here’s the sources we used to help formulate a picture of today: Responses to Training Magazine ’s Training Top 125 submission. Feel free to comment! Truth #1: ILT is NOT dead. Distribution method. MORE >>
JAY CROSS Dan Pink’s new book
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
Dan Pink has written another best seller. The book won’t be released until December 31 but is already in its third printing.). The U.S. Government reports that one worker in eight is a sales person. Dan Pink disagrees. He thinks we’re all sales people, even though a lot of us are engaged in “non-sales selling.” ” Instructors, lawyers, doctors, bankers, and you and I spend a lot of time persuading, influencing, and convincing others to do something even though it doesn’t ring the cash register. If I say selling , what words pop into your mind? Attunement ? MORE >>
I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED eLearning & Gamification: Apply the Octalysis Framework to Your Training
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
by AJ George Last week I gave a pretty in-depth explanation of Yu-kai Chou's Octalysis Framework that I thought might be useful if you'd like to incorporate gamification into your eLearning courses. So far I have mostly covered what the Octalysis is and how it is set up. Now I'd like to get into how you can apply this to your own course. Yu-kai provided a few examples of the Octalysis in action so I'll start by using a couple of those. According to Yu-kai, Farmville excels at appealing to the Ownership, Scarcity, and Social Pressure drives. Meaning: 1^2= 1. MORE >>
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME What is a Learning Technologist (part 8)?
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
2012 has been a challenging and adventurous year for me and I planned to round it off with another post in my series of “What is a Learning Technologist” articles (this is number 8 – read the others from the list here ). For me 2012 was a year of change, not only a change in outlook and attitude (personal stuff) but also in circumstances: I applied for a new job, got it, left Bournemouth University and joined the University of Leicester, sold one house and bought another, and moved myself and family to a part of the country I do not know. They need to find answers. part 3). MORE >>
- The Genericization Of Content UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Unlearning? CLARK QUINN | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- When is eLearning a Smart Management Decision? SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Transforming learning and development CLIVE ON LEARNING | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Why I don’t like WIIFM USABLE LEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Five ways Tin Can will liberate your learning content! SPICY LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- You might be misguided if… TRINA RIMMER | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- In case you missed it – 2012 according to Clive on Learning CLIVE ON LEARNING | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Top 10 Leadership Soft Skills CLO MAGAZINE | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- 10 predictions for blended learning in 2013 [Horn, Staker] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Podcast #26: One month on… TAYLORING IT | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2012
- Associations and Non-profits Need a Helping Hand TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- mylearningworx - a reflection on the launch event LEARNING ROCKS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- State of the LCMS with Mark Hellinger DAWN OF LEARNING | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- Consistency vs Variety in Online Assessments: is the balance important? ELEARNING ACUPUNCTURE | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Is Your Sales Force Fully Connected? TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Learning by doing JAY CROSS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Eulogy for a long lost love, lost, no networks for the lonely IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Competition Finalist 2: Meeting Learner’s Needs EFRONT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Connections: Deconstruction and Connectivism GEORGE SIEMENS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- PKM: the basic unit of social business LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- New Content for the AS3 Style DEVELOPER ON DUTY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Why do we choose to learn online? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- Adobe Captivate 6: Delivering Standalone eLearning Lessons I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Some thoughts from 2012 LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- Headline Muse LEARNING WITH E'S | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- eBook Student Survey MOODLE JOURNAL | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- A puzzler JAY CROSS | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2012
- Starting to work out loud LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Introduction to Technology Integration #edtech DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2012
- iPad competition finalists announced! EFRONT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Common Craft Cut-out Library TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Health & Safety Culture LEARNFOREVER | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- The five most disruptive technologies of 2012 [Mims] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Competition Finalist 5: Learning on Tablets EFRONT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- 7 Free Handwritten Fonts for Your E-Learning Courses RAPID ELEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- ‘Foldify’ App (#foldify) DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Webinar: Strategies to Empower Learners Within a Learning Management System ABSORB LMS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Realizing the Potential of the Tin Can API INTEGRATED LEARNINGS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Flipped learning: A response to five common criticisms [November & Mull] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- The IBM 5 in 5: Innovation in the next 5 years JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.