| || |
| | ONTUITIVE
DECEMBER 18, 2012 You teach swimming or prevent drowning?
Okay, I realize that's a fairly aggressive title! But a fairly stark realization that has become apparent to us, as of late, both in our travels and when working with many senior learning leaders. We simply aren't tasked to deliver the same outcomes we once were. We've all heard the demands from our organizations around better aligning with business outcomes and performance measures. Yet, we continue to see the same old deliverables, often packaged in a new wrapper
| | DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
DECEMBER 18, 2012 Using Pinterest in the Classroom #edtech
If you have been thinking about how to use images and Pinterest in your classroom in an engaging and innovative way, and wondered about how ‘pinned’ images, videos, etc. can be used to group, collaborate, and crowdsource resources, then this infographic has some useful tips and links for you (click to view the full version): . How do you use Pinterest?
| | JAY CROSS
DECEMBER 19, 2012 Dan Pink’s new book
Dan Pink has written another best seller. The book won’t be released until December 31 but is already in its third printing.). The U.S. Government reports that one worker in eight is a sales person. Dan Pink disagrees. He thinks we’re all sales people, even though a lot of us are engaged in “non-sales selling.” If I say selling , what words pop into your mind? Attunement ?
| || || || |
ELEARNING 24-7 A Look Back at E-Learning in 2012
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
I love the end of the year. It enables you to look back and see the triumphs, the disappointments, the good and the bad. Many people look back and are amazed. Others look back and say “What if I did that” or “What if…” It is always a half full/half empty experience. Thankfully, rather than just one person looking back and seeing what happened, we can all do so. . like that because it tells a story. The question though is will it be a happy or sad one? On Fire. Mobile Learning. LMSs – Finally vendors took notice. You would be wrong. Market as a whole. Steag. MORE >>
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME What is a Learning Technologist (part 8)?
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
2012 has been a challenging and adventurous year for me and I planned to round it off with another post in my series of “What is a Learning Technologist” articles (this is number 8 – read the others from the list here ). For me 2012 was a year of change, not only a change in outlook and attitude (personal stuff) but also in circumstances: I applied for a new job, got it, left Bournemouth University and joined the University of Leicester, sold one house and bought another, and moved myself and family to a part of the country I do not know. They need to find answers. part 3). MORE >>
SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG When is eLearning a Smart Management Decision?
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
I was asked recently to define situations where eLearning is a smart management decision over the same course in an instructor-led training (ILT) format. There There is a tremendous amount of information available about the advantages of eLearning as a delivery method, but there is not a whole lot devoted to this particular question. decided to poll some of my colleagues to get their take on this question. I’ve complied their responses along with my own thoughts and I hope you find them helpful if you are considering eLearning for your employees. It just happens. MORE >>
CLARK QUINN Unlearning?
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
Recently, there’s been a lot of talk and excitement about unlearning, and it’s always rubbed me the wrong way. Because, frankly, unlearning physiologically isn’t really an option. So I thought I’d talk about the cognitive processes, and then look at what folks are talking about. We start with conscious effort and compile it down below conscious level. However, you can’t really weaken those associations! So, you simply can’t unlearn. What really happens, as Dr. In short, unlearning is really relearning. So why this excitement about unlearning? Um, okay. MORE >>
CLO MAGAZINE Top 10 Leadership Soft Skills
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
Jean Leslie, a senior fellow with the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), highlights these 10 soft skills for business leaders. Jean Leslie, a senior fellow with the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), highlights these 10 soft skills for business leaders. Self-awareness: Leaders must have an accurate picture of their strengths and weaknesses. Learning agility: This is an individual’s readiness, willingness and ability to learn from experience. Resiliency: Bouncing back from adversity. Political savvy: The ability to influence people to obtain goals. Wise Up On Wisdom MORE >>
- Transforming learning and development CLIVE ON LEARNING | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- When is eLearning a Smart Management Decision? SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Why I don’t like WIIFM USABLE LEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Podcast #26: One month on… TAYLORING IT | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2012
- mylearningworx - a reflection on the launch event LEARNING ROCKS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- You might be misguided if… TRINA RIMMER | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- What’s REALLY Going On? 6 Truths About Training in 2012 BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Five ways Tin Can will liberate your learning content! SPICY LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- In case you missed it – 2012 according to Clive on Learning CLIVE ON LEARNING | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- eBook Student Survey MOODLE JOURNAL | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Consistency vs Variety in Online Assessments: is the balance important? ELEARNING ACUPUNCTURE | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Adobe Captivate 6: Delivering Standalone eLearning Lessons I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Learning by doing JAY CROSS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- New Content for the AS3 Style DEVELOPER ON DUTY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Why do we choose to learn online? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- Happy Holidays from Latitude Learning Team !!! LATITUDE LEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Eulogy for a long lost love, lost, no networks for the lonely IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Some thoughts from 2012 LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- Introduction to Technology Integration #edtech DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2012
- LMS Free Training - e-Commerce Management and Reporting - December 20th, 2:00PM Eastern LATITUDE LEARNING BLOG | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2012
- Webinar: Strategies to Empower Learners Within a Learning Management System ABSORB LMS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Competition Finalist 4: Top 10 Startup Social Media Curation Tools for Social Learning in the Workplace EFRONT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Does User Self-Certification in the LMS Qualify as an Electronic Signature? LATITUDE LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- PKM: the basic unit of social business LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- 10 Things Thriving Leaders Need to Know CLO MAGAZINE | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2012
- A puzzler JAY CROSS | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2012
- Latitude Learning LMS Release Notes (v126.96.36.199646) LATITUDE LEARNING BLOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- 7 Free Handwritten Fonts for Your E-Learning Courses RAPID ELEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- State of the LCMS with Mark Hellinger DAWN OF LEARNING | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- Connections: Deconstruction and Connectivism GEORGE SIEMENS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Lincoln, the Storyteller SIMPLIFY ELEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- 20,000 eLearning courses available instantly from OpenSesame!!! ELEARNING TV | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- The Shift Toward Soft CLO MAGAZINE | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Starting to work out loud LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Health & Safety Culture LEARNFOREVER | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- 2013 Reality - NOT Predictions! CORPORATE ELEARNING STRATEGIES AND DEVELOPMENT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2012
- Happy Holidays! ENSPIRE LEARNING | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- Inside Learning Technologies & Skills: Four Articles CLARK ALDRICH | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Five Tips for Effective Distance Learning CLO MAGAZINE | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2012
- Not a bad year, just not great. Nice knowing you. MARCIA CONNER | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
- Flintlocks and Gun Control ECONTENT | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.