| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS
MARCH 4, 2011 [Providers] YouTube versus Vimeo — What’s the Difference?
The compressor provides more settings and also allows you to save a profile such as “Vimeo Export Settings.”. (2) Format and User Type. Vimeo. Vimeo is optimized for HD video (default playback setting) and gives the user numerous ways to share and distribute video. However, Vimeo, like YouTube, works best when your video is exported and optimized for the compression settings Vimeo prefers.
| | ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS
FEBRUARY 15, 2011 [Providers] Is Blogging Really Worth My Time? Throwing Down The Gauntlet (Part 1)
If someone invents a medium that provides a more effective or less costly mechanism through which the forces can operate, then blogs will recede and that medium will take their place. I’ve had several recent discussions with colleagues about whether one’s blogging actually influences others in meaningful ways. And we’re not just talking about page views, comments, and pingbacks.
| | ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS
MARCH 17, 2009 [Providers] Avatars and Clippy the Talking Paperclip
David Miller’s Subquark blog provides some interesting examples of how he and others are using Second Life in E-learning contexts and creating avatars to augment learning environments. Don’t look now, but perhaps the next industry to be undone by robots is education. OK, maybe not. So, why the initial hesitation and angst when you hear “avatar”? Perhaps it’s Clippy, the talking paperclip.
| | ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS
DECEMBER 1, 2010 [Providers] Gardening and Web-based Multimedia – Some Basic Tips
recent Jacob Nielson Alertbox provides other tips. 3. Gardening is one of our most popular topics within Cooperative Extension. In the spirit of form following function, we set out to capture some short vignettes from an expert gardener and convey the most important elements of these discussions in video, podcast, and caption-enhanced photo slide shows in a simple and easy to access format.
| || | ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS
MAY 25, 2010 [Providers] Nonlinear Presentations: Alternatives to “Death By Powerpoint”?
Note that Microsoft has just completed a beta test for an add-on for PowerPoint called pptPlex that provides similar nonlinear capacity (PC only). A recent reference in the New York Times indicates the U.S. Army is close to declaring war on PowerPoint. Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who heads U.S. Some problems in the world are not bullet-izable.” Are there alternatives? Prezi map.
ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS [Providers] Ning… where to go when the public square charges an entrance fee?
| FRIDAY, APRIL 16, 2010
However, like many in the proprietary software camp, Ning has tried to make nice with developers by providing
more API ( application programming interface ) access—think viewing your Netflix queue on a 3rd party Web site or phone app. Ning announced today that it will soon convert existing customers to a fee-for-service subscription or cut them loose. Jason Rosenthal, CEO of Ning , announced the shift in the company’s business model while downsizing his company by more than 40%. Some suggestions follow. It depends. Pligg ([link]. Elgg ([link]. LovdbyLess ([link]. Mixxt ([link]. Web 2.0 MORE >>
ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS [Providers] Ten Tips to Produce More Professional Online Video Interviews
| FRIDAY, MARCH 26, 2010
You might want to also occasionally reframe the picture to provide
some variety when editing your interview. The personal interview is perhaps the most powerful tool for video storytelling both online and off. Here are some basic technical production tips for producing more effective and watchable video interviews. I’m aiming at those readers who may be beginners, or who may “know enough to get themselves in trouble.”. 1. Use a lavalier mic. Use the best microphone you can get your hands on. This should be a lavalier mic, either wireless, or wired with a sufficiently long audio cable. MORE >>
ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS [Providers] Social Networking – Library or Coffee Shop? Part I
| MONDAY, JULY 27, 2009
Most recently, social networking tools have helped organize Iranian political movements and provided
a catalyst to facilitate Barak Obama’s ascendency to the Presidency ( read about Chris Hughes ). In my next post, I will provide
some examples of how OSU is using virtual Communities of Practice (CoP) and some other Web 2.0 The use of social networking tools continues to expand at a torrid pace across all layers of society both nationally and internationally. What I find intriguing is how best to utilize these tools within instructional or academic contexts. So, what does Web 2.0 MORE >>
ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS [Providers] Social Networking in Times of Stress and Personal Emergencies
| MONDAY, MAY 11, 2009
Skype was literally a lifesaver in the resulting frenzy of phone calls to contact our stateside insurance carrier and coordinate international communications between the hospital in Bonaire and distant health providers
. And most importantly, the blog provided
a means for others to post messages in a guestbook, that I (and later my wife) and site visitors could read. I recently had a family vacation turn into a nightmare. But that nightmare was mitigated in part due to the power of social networking. There is a lot of discussion about the value of Web 2.0 Lauderdale, Florida. MORE >>
ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS [Providers] iPad, The Ultimate Family Room Device?
| TUESDAY, JUNE 8, 2010
Now, I’d like to provide
some input about the iPad relative to what I see as its true product category: the family room web device. To test my hypothesis and provide
more substance to my barber banter, I brought an iPad home last week and let my wife and two boys (10 and 5) try it out. Several months back, I posted a comparison of the iPad , iPod and Kindle from the perspective of e-reader functionality. So, I’m hard pressed to imagine the iPad finding its way into the home office when it is obviously so comfortable in the family room. MORE >>
- [Providers] Engaging the e-learner who lacks interest and incentive ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, MAY 10, 2010
- [Providers] Augmented Reality and The Coming Tsunami of Location Learning Apps ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2009
- [Providers] Social Media and Brass Tacks…8 Examples from the Front Line ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2009
- [Providers] E-learning in the Mobile World and the Right Business Model to Deliver It ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009
- [Providers] How small is too small for educational technologies to be meaningful? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | SUNDAY, MAY 3, 2009
- [Providers] Facebook and the Public Square ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2009
- [Providers] Netflix’s rise to the top – how did they do it? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | TUESDAY, APRIL 26, 2011
- [Providers] Our New OSU Campus Tree Tour iPhone/iPad Application ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 28, 2011
- [Providers] A New Way to Connect with Plain Old Telephones ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2010
- [Providers] How Long Does it Take to Create E-learning? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
- [Providers] What file sharing strategies work for e-learning developers? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2010
- [Providers] Audio Slideshows – Human Interest Storytelling ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
- [Providers] The future is mobile, but will it be participatory or proprietary? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2010
- [Providers] Don’t stop at access to e-learning—we need experience and opportunity ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2010
- [Providers] Mobile E-learning Publishing: iPad, iPhone, or Kindle – Which do iChoose? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- [Providers] It’s Not (Only) About the Money ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2010
- [Providers] Social Learning Galleries of the Future: Art Overpowers Facebook ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2009
- [Providers] Participatory, on-the-go education ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 2009
- [Providers] Learnsourcing ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2009
- [Providers] Who feeds the information society? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2009
- [Providers] Make way for virtual learning communities ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2009
- [Providers] Baby Boomers and Instructional Design ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2009
- [Providers] The art of disconnecting ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2010
- [Providers] 27 Ways To Improve Your Online Video ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2010
- [Providers] Should You Tweet? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2009