| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE E-LEARNING CURVE
JULY 28, 2009 [Providers] E-Learning Authoring Tools Characterized
Since the term 'authoring tool' is somewhat non-specific, many programs can be considered authoring tools, including web editors like Dreamweaver, Flash, PowerPoint and even content platforms like Adobe Connect provide the facility to create learning content. Table 1 Categories of Authoring Tools Category Description Course Authoring Tools Expressly designed for creating e-learning. Web 2.0
| | THE E-LEARNING CURVE
AUGUST 18, 2009 [Providers] Podcasting for E-Learning: Critically Analyzing Podcasts
That’s OK – the point of e-learning is to provide training professionals with a means of creating and distributing content that enables people to acquire information, knowledge, skills, and expertise on a diverse range of subjects: as e-learning practitioners, it’s our job to facilitate this process. __ References: Herrington, J. If you are a musician, you'll already know what I mean. 2005).
| || || |
| | THE E-LEARNING CURVE
AUGUST 13, 2009 [Providers] Podcasting for E-Learning: Digital Audio Basics
Well-designed, planned, narrated and produced audio content has the facility to engage the audience and transport the listener, providing the right cognitive environment for learning or entertainment or whatever goal the podcast seeks to achieve. Really exceptional podcasts transmit a sense of "being there." As the old story goes, “there are better pictures on the radio.” Figure 1. 2005).
| || || | THE E-LEARNING CURVE
SEPTEMBER 9, 2009 [Providers] Podcasting for E-Learning: Recording with Audacity
The sound card mixer is a piece of software either provided by the sound card maker, or by the operating system you're using. Having given you the ha'penny (or dime) tour of Audacity , it's time to talk about recording audio with a digital editor. Figure 1 describes the end-to-end audio production process. Today, I will look at steps 1 through 5: Figure 1. You Try: Launch Audacity In default configuration, a new, empty project will open. Save this project to a location of your choice. Call it MyPodcast (or whatever name you choose). Set the signal input to the desired level. More… --.
| || || || |
THE E-LEARNING CURVE [Providers] Moodle LMS: Hot Potatoes is Now Free!
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009
Specific feedback can be provided
both for right answers and predicted wrong answers or distractors. I blogged recently about the development of the Nanogong and the Riffly audio-visual plugins for Moodle 2.0. Today, I'm pleased to announce that an old - that is, well-established -Moodle plugin is now freely available. Now read on… I first encountered the Hot Potatoes question-test (Q-T) and exercise generation suite back in 2006 as an MSc student in Dublin. As of version 6.2, Hot Potatoes is now free to use. According to the developers Half-Baked Software Inc. and press a button. MORE >>
THE E-LEARNING CURVE [Providers] Flash on the iPhone in 2010? An E-Learning Perspective
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 14, 2010
Once the iPhone is available as a 'proper' e-learning platform, content developers will queue up to provide
iPhone-specific materials for learners. Flash on the iPhone in 2010? An E-Learning Perspective is a post from: E-Learning Curve Blog. MORE >>
THE E-LEARNING CURVE [Providers] Podcasting for E-Learning: Setting Up a Mini-Studio
| WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2009
For a relatively small investment, you can provide
employees with a comfortable environment to create high-quality audio and video content for their multimedia presentations. Be sure to provide
a comfortable chair with an adjustable seat height for each narrator. Also, you will need to provide
a table, podium or a desk for the speaker’s notes or laptop computer. is an e-Learning solutions provider
based in Massachusetts. well-equipped mini-studio can be a valuable asset to any learning organization. mini-studio. Lift shafts. The main ventilation system. MORE >>
THE E-LEARNING CURVE [Providers] Role of Standards in Learning: Xyleme Voices Podcast Interview
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2010
In late 2009, I was privileged to be invited by Colorado-based LMS provider
Xyleme Inc. to participate in their Xyleme Voices series of podcasts. Role of Standards in Learning: Xyleme Voices Podcast Interview is a post from: E-Learning Curve Blog. MORE >>
THE E-LEARNING CURVE [Providers] Open Source E-Learning Development 3: Open Office.org
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2009
In my view, tools like DocBook XML and XMLmind XML Editor are excellent primary content creation and generation applications; they provide
courseware developers with a familiar UI in which to create their content, while retaining the flexibility and interoperability of an XML-based structure. Sun’s OpenOffice.org is a collection of applications that provide
the features expected from a modern office suite. One of the main benefits of using XML-based tools (as we will see in a future post) is that it facilitates a "create once, reuse many times" approach to content objects. MORE >>
- [Providers] Podcasting for E-Learning: Benefits of Digital Audio THE E-LEARNING CURVE | MONDAY, AUGUST 24, 2009
- [Providers] Podcasting for E-Learning: Editing and Producing Podcasts THE E-LEARNING CURVE | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2009
- [Providers] The Irish Students’ Blogs Website THE E-LEARNING CURVE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
- [Providers] New eLearning Guild Industry Survey THE E-LEARNING CURVE | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
- [Providers] …and the ‘Blogger of the Week’ award from E-Learning Planet goes to… THE E-LEARNING CURVE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- [Providers] E-Learning, the Cathedral and the Bazaar: Courseware Development Approaches THE E-LEARNING CURVE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
- [Providers] Irish Learning Technology Association - New Website Launch THE E-LEARNING CURVE | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2009
- [Providers] Distributing your podcast for e-learning THE E-LEARNING CURVE | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2009
- [Providers] Audio for Podcasting: Hard Disk Recording THE E-LEARNING CURVE | MONDAY, AUGUST 31, 2009
- [Providers] Moodle 1.9 Multimedia – Book Review THE E-LEARNING CURVE | THURSDAY, AUGUST 27, 2009
- [Providers] Podcasting for E-Learning – Storytelling and Teaching THE E-LEARNING CURVE | MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 2009
- [Providers] Exploring Podcasting for E-Learning (and new podcast episode released) THE E-LEARNING CURVE | WEDNESDAY, JULY 29, 2009
- [Providers] Capture that E-learning Demo 3: Captivate and Camtasia THE E-LEARNING CURVE | FRIDAY, JANUARY 9, 2009
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.