Remove Audio Remove Community Remove Network Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

What is an Online Learning Community?

Instancy

This article discusses the concept of a ‘learning community’ that goes far beyond the notion of a course or a learning program. Building a learning community can create an ongoing learning environment. A learning community may include many users, playing many roles.

article thumbnail

Tools for conviviality? Illich and social media

Learning with e's

Ivan Illich hoped for a time when the transmission model of education, or ''funnels'', would be replaced by ''educational webs'' - his notion of what we now recognise as social networks. Ivan Illich envisioned a community (or network) of learners that was self-sufficient.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Connected pedagogy: Social networks

Learning with e's

Photo by Steve Wheeler In a previous post I outlined some of the metrics around the use of digital media, technologies and social networks. I wrote that: "The age of social technologies has radically transformed the way we live our lives, and that includes how we learn and teach. Surowiecki, J. 2009) The Wisdom of Crowds.

article thumbnail

8 Ways to Build an Online Learning Community

learnWorlds

Community in online courses promotes active learning by provoking the students to participate and learn together. Learning is a social act by itself. However, building a learning community is neither automatic nor simple to achieve. So, how can I build community in my online course? Get your school now! Try for FREE.

Community 107
article thumbnail

17 Best Royalty-Free Music Sites for Video Courses

learnWorlds

And while it may be obvious that your course should offer highly educational and engaging content with a balance between video and text, what about the audio? We’re talking about adding some flair to your videos with audio. Audio Jungle AudioJungle is part of the Envato Market, where you can find top-quality music starting from $1.

Music 98
article thumbnail

183 Profitable Online Course Ideas with Examples

learnWorlds

Artificial Intelligence Course Ideas Generative AI (text, images, videos, audio etc.) ? Introduction to AI Applied AI Prompt Engineering Neural Networks ? More people want to represent themselves at work or on social media , and personal branding is the way to do it. AI for Business ? Deep Learning ? Machine learning ?

article thumbnail

The 10 Best Patreon Alternatives for 2024

learnWorlds

Patreon, a crowdfunding platform launched in 2013, is helping artists, writers, musicians, and creators of all kinds, providing them with a direct avenue to monetize their work and build a dedicated community of supporters. The appeal of Patreon lies in its simplicity and versatility.