Remove Authoring Tools Remove Community Remove Portfolio Remove Social

Here’s How an E-Learning Portfolio Builds Your Skills

Rapid eLearning

Having a portfolio is really important, especially in today’s world of digital technology. Recently, I gave a presentation on why you should maintain a work portfolio, here’s part of the presentation where we’ll focus on your personal development. What is a Portfolio? A portfolio does three main things: It showcases your skills. And without a portfolio how can you show your work and skills? Common Objections for Not Maintaining a Portfolio.

Social Awareness Program For Instructional Design Degree

Nick Leffler

It wasn’t for any typical Instructional Design work which I’ve worked on (even in my side consulting jobs) but with social media skills at the center. I’ve done a lot around social media lately including participating in several Twitter chats. For the past several years I’ve focused heavily on increasing my social presence from LinkedIn to Twitter, and even this blog. Social Awareness Program. Social and Learned Helplessness in Learning.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Increasing Social Awareness in Higher Education

Nick Leffler

About two months ago I wrote about increasing social awareness in higher education , specifically the MSIDT program that I graduated from. Developing the social awareness of the program has gone well, although nothing like I had planned. I began going in a few different directions; writing articles for various websites/magazines, writing blog posts for the MSIDT website, and reviving or creating social media accounts to share and converse with the community.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Online Portfolios

Learning Visions

Thursday, August 02, 2007 Online Portfolios Jennifer Madrell shows us a great example of an online portofolio , which she calls a "svelte and sparkly version of this blog - that is a requirement and capstone project at Indiana University." Should the blog become the landing point for your online portfolio? So I have some questions: Do you have an online portfolio? What tools did you use to create it? A wiki tool? Thank you for pointing to my blog and portfolio!

When Social means Business …

Learning Cafe

Last week news was abounding that Microsoft are about to announce their acquisition of social media company Yammer for $1.2B. Although not yet confirmed, it comes hot on the heels of other social media buy outs such as Salesforce.com snapping up Buddy Media for close to $700 million to complement its existing Chatter social media platform; Oracle adding Collective Intellect and Vitrue to its portfolio of social media-related acquisitions and SAP acquiring Ariba for $4.3

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: With Community Comes Great Responsibility

Learning Visions

Thursday, August 09, 2007 With Community Comes Great Responsibility In reflecting over the benefits of the first week or so of the 31 Days to Better Blogging Challenge , the biggest thing for me has been the overall boost in community. But with community comes great responsibility. (Im Ive been using a tool called co.mment. CoComment is another commenting tool out there to help you manage all those conversations. Creating Social Presence in Online Classroom (ID.

How to Sell Online Courses from your own website – You Should Know

Pinlearn

And guess what, I worked on creating my portfolio of courses, designed a website, crafted a marketing and brand strategy, and made money. Ubersuggest is a keyword tool designed by Neil Patel. This tool gives you an overview of volume, seasonality, cost per click data, competitive intelligence, keyword suggestions, etc. Facebook Groups, Forums and Niche Communities. Use e-learning turnkey software. There are many eLearning software.

Blogging to Build Your Business

Experiencing eLearning

I started blogging in December 2006 as a tool for my own professional development. If I was going back and starting a blog now as a tool to build my brand and my business, I would do several things differently. This could be your whole business website and portfolio with an integrated blog, all at one URL. There are also limitations to the types of files you can share, so you may have to host portfolio samples elsewhere and link to them. Build Your Community.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Building Community in Second Life: Renaissance Island

Learning Visions

Friday, August 24, 2007 Building Community in Second Life: Renaissance Island As you know, Ive been trying to walk-the-talk and experiment a bit with Second Life, role my virtual sleeves up and see what all the fuss is about. This has sparked a little exchange in the comments between myself and one of the active members of the of Renaissance Island community. I think this is a really interesting story of how spontaneous community happens.

5 Practical Tips To Maximize Your Gains From Outsourcing Corporate eLearning Development

Adobe Captivate

Authoring tools and related technologies are changing so rapidly that it is virtually impossible to keep track of all of them. Addition of more innovative solutions to your portfolio. While most eLearning development organizations have access to a similar portfolio of tools and technologies, your partner can add value to your learning designs through innovative and creative Instructional Design approaches. Social or collaborative learning.

Michael Allen – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

He was the founder and CEO of Authorware, a revolutionary eLearning authoring tool. How do you think existing learning models need to evolve further to support workplace and social learning? Learnnovators: You are known for your role as the primary architect in creating Authorware ― one of the most successful authoring tools ever created. You have built a community engaged in constructive discussions around your product. ABOUT Dr. MICHAEL W.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Half of Companies Blocking Facebook

Learning Visions

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 Half of Companies Blocking Facebook Christy Tucker has been musing on Social Networking as LMS: Problems and Opportunities. One real problem is corporate fear of social networking tools. Creating Social Presence in Online Classroom (ID. Cammy Beans Learning Visions Musings on eLearning, instructional design and other training stuff.

Questions about Instructional Design Careers

Experiencing eLearning

I don’t find developing software simulations to be particularly rewarding, for example, because there often isn’t a ton of creativity. Those tools are generally underutilized though. Most Flash e-learning now is done with rapid tools anyway. Portfolio. Q: I will obviously need to create a portfolio, and I know that it will need to begin with volunteer opportunities. What is the depth and/or scope of a typical person’s portfolio?

MICHAEL ALLEN – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

He was the founder and CEO of Authorware, a revolutionary eLearning authoring tool. How do you think existing learning models need to evolve further to support workplace and social learning? one of the most successful authoring tools ever created. As we know, Authorware became a groundbreaking authoring tool combining power and ease of use, and ultimately the industry standard. Authors tend to do what tools make easy.

Moodle LMS: How Can Higher Education Institutions Leverage a Moodle LMS?

Hurix Digital

The LMS also provides communication and collaboration tools, allowing instructors and learners to collaborate within a cloud-based learning platform. This open-source, community-driven platform has to its credit millions of users thanks to its varied feature sets and flexibility.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Kineos August Rapid e-Learning Newsletter

Learning Visions

They provide some fabulous (free) resources to the e-Learning community and have just been nominated the "Best New Kids on the Block" by the Brighton and Hove Business Awards. Beachward Bound Crowdsourcing: Authoring Tools & LMS Questions My Summer ID Reading List ► June (3) eLearning Authoring Tools Mindmap The Two Faces of ePortfolios The Unofficial eLearning Salary Calculator ► May (9) Book Review: Ruth Clark’s Evidence-Based Training.

Best Ways to Deliver Online Learning Courses to Employees

Hurix Digital

As the name suggests, a cloud-based LMS hosts all learning material on the cloud and provides authorized access to learners anywhere, anytime. Besides, it also provides tools for collaboration, making it possible to hold meetings, brainstorm and at the same time, learn in a personalized environment. Creating Online-Learning Communities : The LMS allows educators to create cost-effective and collaborative online communities and scale up to accommodate a larger user base.

Preparing for the Inevitable Disruption to Higher Education: Kadenze, Inc.

Kadenze

At lunchtime students gathered in the open-air atrium – maintaining social distance they danced, music exploding from portable speakers, bodies leaping, voices singing with excitement, tinged with fear. About the Authors : Brad Haseman is Executive Vice President of Kadenze, Inc.

What Girl Scouts Cookie Program Can Teach Nonprofits About Corporate Training?

Kea

Apart from the enormous social challenges that lie ahead of non-profit organizations, one of the key ones is the non-availability of high-quality and dependable volunteers/resources. However, their targets for fundraising and social goals remain high. At such a time, they need to ensure that their workforce is equipped with tools that are good enough to keep them motivated. KEA also has an ability to integrate with existing learning tools and hone in on a specific outcome.

Teach 40

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Welcome to Tom Kuhlman

Learning Visions

Tom is the author of 5 Myths About Rapid e-Learning which made the rounds a while back. Beachward Bound Crowdsourcing: Authoring Tools & LMS Questions My Summer ID Reading List ► June (3) eLearning Authoring Tools Mindmap The Two Faces of ePortfolios The Unofficial eLearning Salary Calculator ► May (9) Book Review: Ruth Clark’s Evidence-Based Training. Creating Social Presence in Online Classroom (ID.

Moodle 100

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Welcoming Cathy Moore to the Blogosphere

Learning Visions

Shes the author of that fabulous presentation Dump the Drone , which we all got so excited about a few months ago. Beachward Bound Crowdsourcing: Authoring Tools & LMS Questions My Summer ID Reading List ► June (3) eLearning Authoring Tools Mindmap The Two Faces of ePortfolios The Unofficial eLearning Salary Calculator ► May (9) Book Review: Ruth Clark’s Evidence-Based Training. Creating Social Presence in Online Classroom (ID.

You Can’t Achieve Career Mobility Looking Backward

Degreed

I’ve never understood why the HR community adopted the term “performance management.” A positive enabler “helps to make things possible,” according to Ruth Nina Welsh, author of Be Your Own Counselor and Coach.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Learning Visions

Learning Visions

I talk about some of the tools I use. Beachward Bound Crowdsourcing: Authoring Tools & LMS Questions My Summer ID Reading List ► June (3) eLearning Authoring Tools Mindmap The Two Faces of ePortfolios The Unofficial eLearning Salary Calculator ► May (9) Book Review: Ruth Clark’s Evidence-Based Training. Creating Social Presence in Online Classroom (ID.

Moodle 100

Revamping 70-20-10

CLO Magazine

The world of mobile and social learning and Google, however, requires new measures. The 70-20-10 model was first proposed in the 1980s by authors and researchers Morgan McCall, Robert Eichinger and Michael Lombardo. When it was first presented, access to information was limited; the Internet was a drawing on a white board; most classroom training was traditional; communities were people in the neighborhood; and Google was not a verb.

Get an E-Learning Job with these Simple Tips

Rapid eLearning

In a previous post I talked a bit on how to prepare for opportunities by getting experience and maintaining a portfolio. Here’s Why You Need an E-Learning Portfolio. There’s a difference between software training using screencasts and soft skills training that may be built around interactive scenarios. Maintain a portfolio of your skills. Clean them up a bit and they’ll make a great addition to your portfolio. Only a handful in the community is actively engaged.

Job 80

What Girl Scouts Cookie Program Can Teach NonProfits About Corporate Training?

MagicBox

Apart from the enormous social challenges that lie ahead of non-profit organizations, one of the key ones is the non-availability of high-quality and dependable volunteers/resources. However, their targets for fundraising and social goals remain high. At such a time, they need to ensure that their workforce is equipped with tools that are good enough to keep them motivated. LE-AP also has an ability to integrate with existing learning tools and hone in on a specific outcome.

Teach 40

What Girl Scouts Cookie Program Can Teach NonProfits About Corporate Training?

MagicBox

Apart from the enormous social challenges that lie ahead of non-profit organizations, one of the key ones is the non-availability of high-quality and dependable volunteers/resources. However, their targets for fundraising and social goals remain high. At such a time, they need to ensure that their workforce is equipped with tools that are good enough to keep them motivated. LE-AP also has an ability to integrate with existing learning tools and hone in on a specific outcome.

Teach 40

Do You Need An Instructional Design Degree?

Rapid eLearning

I’m interested in seeing a portfolio of work that represents their technical skills as well as their instructional design skills. Combine that with the easy authoring tools and rich informal learning networks available today and you’re all set. Add them to your portfolio with an explanation of what you did and why. One of the great things about social media is the access you have to all sorts of expertise. I also recommend combining your portfolio with a blog.

Do You Have the Skills to Succeed?

Rapid eLearning

While today’s software has made the job easier, but it’s also made it more challenging for the person who has to develop and deliver elearning courses. Expertise with your authoring tool. Regardless of the authoring tool you use, you need to become an expert using it. The tools are getting easier, but unless you learn to really use them you probably won’t go past basic course design. And those tips work regardless of the tools you use.

5 Ways to Prepare & Be an E-Learning Winner

Rapid eLearning

There’s an interesting convergence of social technology, mobility, and community. Software companies build software with features. But it’s the people who use that software that come up with ways to use those features. That’s one of the reasons why you want to connect with people in your software’s user community. Many were created by community members and blog readers. The author makes a lot of good points. Maintain a portfolio.

The Year in Learning: 2019 Edition

The Learning Dispatch

If you plan to make your training accessible (and you really should), and you don’t use a screen reader, testing with screen reading software can seem particularly daunting. Kerry McLaughlin , in the Cutaway , explores what ignoring the disability community has cost Hollywood. Take a look at the Poet Training Tool. More elearning tools are drawing on a scrolling format for delivery (see Articulate’s Rise or the Adapt framework). About the author.

Why is an eLearning Content Delivery Platform Valuable for Your Company?

Kitaboo

An eLearning content delivery platform is a software program that provides instructors, learners and facilitators tools and features to support manage and enhance learning. The tools in the eLearning content delivery platform enable dissemination of all types of content, whether it is created in-house or outsourced. You can also use tools to plan the lessons, personalize learning and assess learning outcomes. What is an eLearning content delivery platform?

Using Students as Tech Support

TechSmith Camtasia

Sometimes it takes examples of the student’s capabilities to win over educators and that’s where the community comes in. We have students create video tutorials using TechSmith’s Camtasia on educational software or the process of managing Google applications. One of the ongoing projects our students do is create their own showcase web portfolio. The students receive community service credit for the work they do and at my high school we have a course they can get credit.

7 Best Places To Promote Your Explainer Video

mysimpleshow

7 Best Places To Promote Your Explainer Video While most social video sharing platforms have a different atmosphere, audience and expectations, there are some so popular that you are guaranteed to find your target audience on them. In addition to being an active, engaged community, YouTube also acts as a research avenue for millions of prospects looking to buy products and services online. Tumblr Tumblr is another underrated social platform.

Enterprise mLearning Predictions for 2012

mLearning Trends

The acceptance of mobile learning within the business community probably won’t happen with much fanfare, it will just happen and be accepted as a “norm” wherein the market no longer asks “should we offer learning to our employees (or partners or customers) via mobile device?” Here on the last day of the year, I offer my predications for the big and shaping trends we’ll see in the enterprise mobile learning space for 2012.