Remove Authoring Tools Remove Community Remove Track Remove vendor

Authoring Tool Trends for 2017

eLearning 24-7

The authoring tool industry continues to evolve. I won’t regurgitate everything that appeared and did not for that matter in the authoring tool space as a whole in 2016, but a few have crossed over in a positive light, which is pushing trend. Community.

New Authoring tool rankings #11 to #20

eLearning 24-7

Initially I wasn’t going to post authoring tool rankings beyond the top ten, until July. 20 eLab - The user interface is intriguing and enables anyone to build a course, without having the typical “ooh that looks so lame” with some rapid content authoring tools.

6 Steps to Choosing the Best eLearning Authoring Tool

Trivantis

The mere thought of choosing a new e-Learning authoring tool may make some eLearning professionals cringe, but it doesn’t have to be a stressful and time-consuming task. In this article, I’ll walk you through the process of choosing the best eLearning authoring tool for you.

LMS Vendors: How to Select the Right Vendor for your Goals

Hurix Digital

Organizations generally prefer to outsource their LMS requirements to vendors or service providers, mainly because it saves them time and money and also because they do not have an in-house IT team to design, build and maintain a custom solution.

LMS, LCMS, Content Authoring: Exploring eLearning Tools

WBT Systems

Before getting started with using eLearning tools for your education or certification programs, it is important to know the difference between the different tools used to create, develop, and deliver eLearning content. Which eLearning Tool is Right for You?

The 10 Must-Have LMS Software Features

ProProfs

And while many LMS vendors claim to be the best in-class, not all of them may live up to your expectations and warrant the investment. Support for Mobile Devices What good is a mobile responsive e-learning course if your LMS software isn’t mobile compatible?

Tom Kuhlmann – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

ABOUT TOM KUHLMANN (Vice President, Articulate Community): Tom Kuhlmann is the Vice President of the Articulate Community, which he has been running for the past six years, with a focus on building a committed group of rapid e-learning developers. Learnnovators: What do you think is the future of rapid e-learning authoring tools? However, many of the tools, like Storyline, have become more sophisticated and replaced traditional programming.

Latest Negative E-Learning Trends

eLearning 24-7

Grrr, screams the latter term you can’t say out loud along with you wanting to have your favorite sports team fire their coach and toss them onto a dirty mattress in the dump of your most despicable/loathed town/community near you. . Authoring Tools going everywhere but nowhere.

Top 9 e-Learning Predictions for 2014

Learnnovators

The year saw many interesting developments directly impacting e-learning in areas like: Courseware Authoring Tools. More LMSs and learning platforms enabling options for managing and tracking informal learning. Rapid e-Learning Development Tools.

Lectora Inspire 12.1 Review by Rick Zanotti

Trivantis

While many vendors rush to create mobile applications, Lectora® has quietly led the way with a foundation built around what would emerge as mobile. While many vendors struggle to shed their “Flash” skins and claim open-ness, Lectora quietly embraced “open” from the get-go.

LMS Selection: 7 Features Associations Need

Web Courseworks

Selecting a software vendor is easy, but it’s looking at the product they’re selling that can get tricky. Built-in Course Authoring. Built-in course authoring tools are a good way to accomplish this, not to say they should replace your current course authoring.

LMS Trends: 2018 Mid-Year Learning Systems Market Update

Talented Learning

Although the list isn’t exhaustive, it is based on my experience with hundreds of LMS solutions I track and dozens of recent purchasing opportunities I’ve managed. Others say it’s become nothing more than a back-office administrative tool.

Tin Can API & the Future of E-Learning

Learnnovators

” ~ Rustici Software. This standard is being developed by Rustici Software (with a world-wide active community participating and contributing) for Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) – the keepers of SCORM.

18 Top Learning Systems Trends to Watch in 2018

Talented Learning

In 2017 we tracked more than 35 different mergers and acquisitions in the learning technology space. Callidus Software acquired Learning Heroes and Learning Seat. Instead, these are precision tools, aimed at customers who are grappling with well-defined issues.

Trends 115

What I want 2 see in your #LMS

eLearning 24-7

I’ve heard vendors rave how awesome they are, how much their clients love them, how they understand what the market needs and wants, how their support is number one and so on and so on. Sadly to many vendors this is not feasible. Give back to the community.

Saba 68

Top Learning Systems Trends – A 2019 Extended Enterprise Market Guide

Talented Learning

As analysts, we strive to make sense of the complexity, not just because it’s fascinating but also because we want to help you make better-informed software decisions. Every day, we interview vendors to understand their product strategy, features and roadmap.

Standard Options Apply

MakingBetter

This post is for vendors, developers and implementers of the Experience API and for anyone who may one day create something with xAPI. I’m going to ask you as vendors, entrepreneurs, developers, designers from all around the world to provide me with your counsel as I ultimately must direct the effort. This particular one was special, as we were formally reviewing the Project Authorization Request (PAR) for the Experience API to become a formal standards project.

Product Review – Articulate Storyline 2

eLearning 24-7

Publish includes reporting and tracking details that you can tweak. Personally, I like this because everyone who uses software, often jumps right in and starts going, rather than take the time to read how to do things (inc. Some AT vendors have removed it as well.

Lectora Inspire 12.1 Review by Rick Zanotti

Trivantis

While many vendors rush to create mobile applications, Lectora® has quietly led the way with a foundation built around what would emerge as mobile. While many vendors struggle to shed their “Flash” skins and claim open-ness, Lectora quietly embraced “open” from the get-go.

2019 Talented Learning Awards: Continuing Education Systems

Talented Learning

Of course, other kinds of learning software also deserve recognition. For example, many top-notch solutions focus on employee compliance, talent management, academic ed tech, learning experiences, content management and authoring. Community Brands Crowd Wisdom.

System 106

September E-Learning Trends

eLearning 24-7

No surprise that some vendors are also waiting to see what happens. M-Learning with a native app – slowly trucking along, but I am hearing quite a few vendors who are either in development or getting going in 2014. Learning communities tied to groups, courses, et al. – Forget adding wikis or a profile page or some other nonsense that has been around for a few years, the one item that is a must for any holiday are learning communities.

The grades are in for Education focused LMSs

eLearning 24-7

Classroom management – attendance tracking is a plus. Built in authoring tool – never hurts. The teachers I know, do not have several hundred or even a thousand dollars around to purchase a 3rd party authoring tool. Assessment tool.

#ASTDTK14 Review

eLearning 24-7

ASTDTK14 zoomed into Vegas last week with about 60 vendors (est.) On the expo side, and I know ASTD Events are going to disagree with me (err, they already have via Linkedin), I wasn’t overly impressed on the number of vendors’ booths. Authoring tools vendors – pickings were slim, Adobe was present, so was Allen Interactions (Zebra Zapps), but no Articulate? Conferencing vendors – Were there any? Communities and knowledge base.

ADL 53

2019 Talented Learning Awards: Corporate Extended Enterprise Systems

Talented Learning

Certainly, other learning software categories deserve awards, including employee talent management, compliance, academic ed tech, learning experience platforms, content management and authoring. Community Brands Crowd Wisdom. COMMUNITY BRANDS CROWD WISDOM.

#DevLearn retrospective: Start dreaming about the future of eLearning

Challenge to Learn

Thanks to the TinCan API (now renamed into ‘experience API’) the technique is ahead of us (learning developers and vendors). It will be a mutual challenge for the people who are developing this standard, for vendors and for eLearning developers. The vendors.

eLearning 101: How to Make an eLearning Course (Updated!)

OpenSesame

What’s an authoring tool? The sharable content object reference model (SCORM) is a software standard that governs how course files communicate or report information to learning management systems. eLearning Authoring Tools. Teaching from software tools?

APIs and Mashups r ur new ABCs for E-Learning

eLearning 24-7

Unfortunately, too many vendors in the e-learning space have failed to see the power and potential of this capability, and have decided to ignore them. An API (Application Program Interface) enables an interface from a piece of software to communicate with another piece of software (in its simplest form) or multiple pieces of software (called a mashup). However there are vendors who sell their API solution wrapped in a piece of software. LMS Vendors.

xAPI Camp – DevLearn 2015 is ONE DAY AWAY

MakingBetter

Last year was the first year there was an official xAPI Track at DevLearn and, together, we are upping that ante again (…in Vegas). We have had so much incredible support from the community, I’d like to take a moment to let you know who’s really helping make xAPI Camp possible. Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) continues to be a huge supporter of the community as the current stewards of the spec itself.

xapi 132

Product Review: MyUdutu, Udutu Teach, Udutu Learn

eLearning 24-7

MyUdutu - you will need to create a free account before you can start using the authoring tool. MyUdutu is the authoring tool that is free, with typical rapid e-learning authoring components but with a unique twist – after completing the course you can either publish live, publish to your LMS – zipped file via a SCORM wrapper or publish to Facebook. Thus tracking would be an issue. Product Review.

Udutu 40

10 LMS features that you should in an eLearning platform

Pinlearn

What is LMS software? The formal definition always remains the same, but the utility of an LMS software varies from objective to objective, industry to Industry, and time to time. According to Wikipedia, a learning management system (LMS) is software that administers, documents, tracks, reports, and delivers learning materials, agendas, or educational programs. If not, just skip and look at some other vendor. User Collaboration & Community Support.

Does Your Business Really Need an LMS? Straight Talk with “The eLearning Coach”

Talented Learning

Earlier this year, I was fortunate to be interviewed by one of the learning community’s most talented instructional designers and thought leaders, Connie Malamed (aka “ The eLearning Coach “). Is the relationship shifting between content authoring and learning systems?

Joe Ganci – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Joe is also a frequent teacher and presenter at industry conferences and at client sites, especially on the subject of eLearning development tools. His tool reviews appear each month and he is the recipient of several awards for his work in eLearning, including a Lifetime Achievement Award way back in 1999. For decades, you have been helping learning designers with your design approaches and your expert advice on the use of development tools. How often is the tool updated?

Mobile LMS: The Facts

Talented Learning

We took the much tougher path and went to the LMS vendors one by one to get the best, most accurate and timely data. Seventy LMS vendors of all types have graciously filled it out so far. Vendors are out on the front lines winning and losing every day. 75 LMS Vendor Profiles.

Starting a Customer Education Program: What You Should Know

Talented Learning

EDITOR’S NOTE: Occasionally, we invite learning community experts to share their advice with our readers. He also authored the new book, Customer Education: Why Smart Companies Profit by Making Customers Smarter.

LMS Technology Trends: Why Focus Is The Next Big Thing

Talented Learning

As I get deeper and deeper into the industry, I’m more convinced than ever that “focus” is the key LMS technology trend of today’s winning vendors. Unfortunately, it is too easy for LMS vendors and buyers to get lost in the “me too” feature race and fail to see the forest for the trees.