Remove Coaching Remove Community Remove Knowledge Work Remove Program
article thumbnail

50 suggestions for implementing 70-20-10

Jay Cross

assignments and coach their team members. Knowledge work has evolved into keeping up and taking advantage of connections. A Community of Practice (CoP) is a social network of people who identify with one another professionally (e.g. Members of CoPs develop and share knowledge, values, recommendations and standards.

article thumbnail

Umesh

ID Reflections

This is far removed from my earlier world of corporate workplace learning and community management but that is the subject of another post. Although used in the context of knowledge work, I realized it applied very well to what Umesh did. He observed, gave feedback and coached.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cohort-Based Learning (Online) – Learning Systems Hot Trend in 2023

eLearning 24-7

Transfer of Training (This is really mentioned, but is very relevant for cohort-based learning) Activities Problem-Based and Problem Solving Guided – Very important Facilitator or Guide (the latter ties around Guided, but you will refer to the individual as one or the other) Mentoring – This is not the same as coaching.

article thumbnail

Workplace Learning Professionals Next Job - Management Consultant

Tony Karrer

But there was another significant trend in the answers… Learning and Work Converge In a world where Knowledge Work and Learning is Inseparable , finding ways to support and improve work is the same as finding ways to support and improve learning. Matt Moore in an article Learning & Knowledge = ?

article thumbnail

Informal Learning 2.0

Jay Cross

In a networked corporation, there is scant difference between knowledge work and learning. Business success depends on them working together rather than as individuals. Industrial-age training required flocks of instructional designers to develop training programs and instructors to deliver them.

article thumbnail

Reflecting on the first half of 2009

Jay Cross

Any remaining training staff will become mentors, coaches and facilitators who work on improving core business processes, strengthening relationships with customers and cutting costs. We are scrapping lengthy program development projects in favor of quick-and-dirty rapid development. Articles: Get Out of the Training Business.

article thumbnail

Effectively Managing Your Time and Energy – AXIOM Insights Podcast

AXIOM Learning Solutions

For many, particularly those who are in people-centric sales roles, this new way of working has created new challenges to find ways to relate to customers, to manage their time, but also to manage their own mindset, attitudes and reactions. What do I need to do to today so I can survive and get to tomorrow.