Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Effectiveness Remove PKM

PKM is our part of the social learning contract

Jane Hart

PKM is therefore the key to successful social learning. So how can we help students as well as workers develop the new PKM skills? Well this is not something you tell others to do, but something you show others how to do; it therefore requires you to have good PKM skills yourselves.

PKM 262

Workplace Learning in a World “Beyond Automation”

Learnnovators

With automation, AI and robots looming over the job scene, there seems to be a constant fear of humans losing out to computers and technology. It’s akin to one of our childhood sci-fi movies finally becoming a reality – the machines are taking over.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

L&D's New Hatrack

ID Reflections

The future of work is going to be radically different from what we have experienced so far. The onus lies on L&D to gauge the impact of these shifts on workplace learning, leverage technology and herald the change. This requires constant engagement with the community.

PKM 142

12 features of supporting social collaboration in the workplace

Jane Hart

3 – helping people work and learn effectively in this networked era (and within a social business), by developing their own Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) skills. Want to find out more about PKM, then the Personal Knowledge Management workshop runs through September.

Is it time for a BYOL (Bring Your Own Learning) strategy in your organization? #BYOL

Jane Hart

My previous blog post that revealed that around 70% of respondents in my recent survey found training (including e-learning) “unimportant” or only “somewhat important” has generated quite a bit of interest. Narrating their learning is an integral part of narrating their work – i e.

Re-imagining Work & Learning in a Networked World

ID Reflections

"The nature of work is changing. The changes to society will be vast" by @gapingvoid We are on the eve of 2015! Most of us do a retrospection of the year gone by, and a future-spection of the year to come. Social is NOT a set of tools.

Most awesome revelations in Working Smarter Daily for June 2011

Jay Cross

Best of Working Smarter Daily. Connecting with Communities of Practice - Harold Jarche , June 2, 2011. Making the most of Informal Learning - Jane Hart , June 16, 2011. Rioting in an age of transparency - George Siemens , June 17, 2011. PKM Updated - Harold Jarche , June 7, 2011. List of the top 100 Twitter cities in the world - Ross Dawson , June 6, 2011. The 4 Traits of a High Performing Team - Dan Pontefract , June 28, 2011.

PKM 43

Learning and KM: Separated at birth?

Jay Cross

Looking through the program, I’m delighted to see that many of the sessions could easily play at DevLearn and vice-versa. Andrew McAfee , Principal Research Scientist , Center for Digital Business – MIT Sloan School of Management and Author, Enterprise 2.0.

KM 49

Top 25 Posts and 4 Hot Topics in January - Best of eLearning Learning

eLearning Learning Posts

Best of eLearning Learning. See First Top 25 eLearning Posts of 2010 - Best of eLearning Learning for the first Best of Post for the year. And subscribe to the best of to receive these in an ongoing basis. This post covers the Best of from January 15, 2010 to January 31, 2010. The Secret to Podcasting Like a Pro - Learning Putty , January 25, 2010 The word “podcasting” strikes a certain fear and awe into the hearts of many trainers.

Hot Topics in eLearning for 2009

eLearning Learning Posts

One of the really cool things about eLearning Learning and Browse My Stuff is the ability of the system to determine hot topics or trends based on the content that is being brought together in topic hubs. Twitter has been the talk of the town during 2009. Social media, social networks, communities for learning both formal and informal is bigger than I think we can even imagine at this point. Sense-making with PKM , March 12, 2009. Community (1202).

Top 68 eLearning Posts from April - Hot Topics iPad Google Buzz

eLearning Learning Posts

Best of eLearning Learning. The Org Structure of Enterprise 2.0 - trainingwreck , April 18, 2010 I’m lucky to be a member of the 2.0 As a member, I have access to a plethora of sharing, information and intellect as it relates to how individuals are driving Enterprise 2.0 Key Social Learning Roles - Daretoshare , April 4, 2010 Premise : Learning communities or networks thrive because its members possess certain skills and capabilities.