Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Emergent Remove Enterprise 2.0
article thumbnail

27 Books for L&D Folks.

ID Reflections

Some of the might seem out of place in a list for L&D folks, but I think it is important to read around a subject to understand the context, and the emerging patterns. 6 Knowledge Management Cultivating Communities of Practice Etienne Wegner, et al. 11 Communication/Presentation/Business Made to Stick Dan and Chip Heath.

article thumbnail

Posts that Influenced Me in 2009

ID Reflections

Only through sharing of stories and experiences, the larger pattern and the connections emerge, the information becomes knowledge that we can then effectively use. How I use social media What did I learn: Nancy White d iscusses the concepts of Communities of Practice and Learning, Technology Stewardship, Knowledge Sharing and Networking.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Most awesome revelations in Working Smarter Daily for June 2011

Jay Cross

Connecting with Communities of Practice - Harold Jarche , June 2, 2011. Carl Jackson on Supporting Online Communities in International Development - Nancy White , June 2, 2011. Emerging Asynchronous Conversation Models - Tony Karrer , June 22, 2011. Enterprise 2.0 June 1, 2011 to June 30, 2011.

article thumbnail

Learning and KM: Separated at birth?

Jay Cross

Andrew McAfee , Principal Research Scientist , Center for Digital Business – MIT Sloan School of Management and Author, Enterprise 2.0. Today, Enterprise 2.0 Want to see the best in Enterprise 2.0 Many government organizations are struggling to figure out how they can practically apply Web 2.0

KM 38
article thumbnail

Hot Topics in eLearning for 2009

eLearning Learning Posts

Social media, social networks, communities for learning both formal and informal is bigger than I think we can even imagine at this point. I was really struck by the kinds of things emerging this year and some of the interesting examples. Community (1202). Communities of Practice , March 13, 2009. Search (854).

article thumbnail

Web 2.0 Applications in Learning

Tony Karrer

This is something that gets discussed as emergent: see Emergent Knowledge Management , Direction of eLearning - Emergence or Big System , and Future Platforms for eLearning. eLearning Trends Enterprise 2.0 Without anything else involved, you need a fairly large audience to get significant participation.

Wiki 105
article thumbnail

Top 10 eLearning Predictions 2011 #LCBQ

Tony Karrer

Situated learning (learning within context in a community of practice) grows thanks to augmented mobile reality. Mobile learning sub-disciplines will begin to emerge. Still I'm going to be reading closely things like: Enterprise 2.0: Investment in mobile learning will significantly increase.