Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Expertise Remove Problem
article thumbnail

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities. Social networks focus on relationship.

article thumbnail

From Instructional Design to Enterprise Community Facilitation

ID Reflections

One's ability to solve a problem or find an answer to a burning issue via one's network was fast becoming the measure of one's success. I wanted to understand how communities within an enterprise can help build capabilities, enable expertise, and truly transform an organization into a learning organization.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Knowledge, practice and community

Learning with e's

In this post, I extend this idea into the work Lave did with Etienne Wenger, which has become known as Communities of Practice. The work of Lave and Wenger advances this concept, turning its focus to the people who make up the learning communities we are all a part of. Previous posts in this series: 1.

article thumbnail

Situated Cognition In eLearning: What eLearning Professionals Should Know

TalentLMS

Cognitive Apprenticeships and communities of practice also go hand-in-hand with situated cognition. Below you’ll find 4 best practices and 5 tips that can help you integrate situated cognition into your eLearning strategy. 4 Situated Cognition Best Practices. Foster learning communities of practice.

article thumbnail

Social Learning: August Pick of the Posts

Jane Hart

They’ll talk about problems. Communities emerge. Communities of practice will continue to grow as knowledge artisans need to integrate their work and learning in a trusted space. As the gig economy dominates, communities of practice can bring some stability to our professional development. They’ll gripe.

article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

article thumbnail

Supporting Work

Clark Quinn

A number of years ago, I discussed a valued model that talks about how we solve problems in the world. Then if we can’t find the answer, we have to go into a problem-solving mode: we need to do research, experiment, and generally discover the answer.