Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Knowledge Management Remove Problem
article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

In this article, we will define knowledge and how using your LMS, you can share tacit and explicit knowledge using some knowledge management strategies. One highlight of a learning management system is its collaboration within course participants. Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”.

article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

In this article, we will define knowledge and how using your LMS, you can share tacit and explicit knowledge using some knowledge management strategies. One highlight of a learning management system is its collaboration within course participants. Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

At the edge

Clark Quinn

Communities of Practice served as a model for this thinking. This included and Enterprise Social Network and a Knowledge Management system. The problem was too much hierarchy. The issue was solving workplace problems. A ‘yellow pages’ to find ‘in the moment’ help was also a part.

article thumbnail

Contest - Win a Free Copy of Digital Habitats via LearnTrends 2009

Tony Karrer

Nancy has been my go to person for all things Communities and Networks and worked with me to create Communities and Networks Connection. So naturally when Nancy and John (with Etienne Wenger) put out the book Digital Habitats; Stewarding Technology for Communities I was very excited.

article thumbnail

12 features of supporting social collaboration in the workplace

Jane Hart

1 – moving from a focus on organising and managing training (which includes e-learning and blended learning) FOR others, to helping individuals and teams address their OWN performance problems. Want to find out more about PKM, then the Personal Knowledge Management workshop runs through September.

article thumbnail

Knowledge Management Core Issues

Tony Karrer

Great post by Denham Grey - Perennial KM issues that are very similar to the core problems that we deal with in eLearning: How to speed learning, increase awareness and share experiences. With an ever deceasing half-life of knowledge , just keeping up has become a major corporate imperative. Great stuff Denham.

article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Explicit and tacit knowledge gets shared.