Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Mentoring Remove Problem
article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”. The key is to assign responsibility to individuals who will monitor, mentor and manage this system.

article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”. The key is to assign responsibility to individuals who will monitor, mentor and manage this system.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

At the edge

Clark Quinn

Communities of Practice served as a model for this thinking. The problem was too much hierarchy. The issue was solving workplace problems. Instead of courses, the solution connected those with demonstrable skills to mentor those who could benefit.

article thumbnail

Piecing together collaboration and cooperation

Clark Quinn

In an insightful piece , Harold Jarche puts together how collaboration and cooperation are needed to make organizations work ‘smarter’, integrating workgroups with the broader social network by using communities of practice as the intermediary.

article thumbnail

How Does Implementing Formal Measures to Ensure Continuous Improvement Build Organisational Capability?

Acorn Labs

Formal measures for continuous improvement include implementing communities of practice (a group of people with a shared concern or interest), training evaluation, training assessments and post-training tracking. You see the problem? And we’re back to challenge one, creating a cycle of poor implementations.

Metrics 52
article thumbnail

Detailing the Coherent Organization

Clark Quinn

I had, as Harold’s original model provided the basis for, separate groups for Work Teams, Communities of Practice, and Social Networks. As a start, I wanted to go back and look at these elements and see if I could be more systematic about it. Within each were separate elements.

article thumbnail

How Does Implementing Formal Measures to Ensure Continuous Improvement Build Organisational Capability?

Acorn Labs

This is commonly done through formal measures like training evaluation, training assessments, post-training enablement and communities of practice (i.e. You see the problem? Continuous improvement is a persistent endeavour to refine and enhance strategy execution. a group of people with a shared learning concern or interest).

Metrics 52