Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove PKM Remove Problem
article thumbnail

Unpacking collaboration and cooperation?

Clark Quinn

My colleague, Harold Jarche ( the PKM guy), has maintained that cooperation is of more value than collaboration. here team, find a solution to this problem) or has emerged from the participant. Or you could be part of a Community of Practice and actively trying to improve something. It’s about locus of control.

article thumbnail

12 features of supporting social collaboration in the workplace

Jane Hart

1 – moving from a focus on organising and managing training (which includes e-learning and blended learning) FOR others, to helping individuals and teams address their OWN performance problems. Want to find out more about PKM, then the Personal Knowledge Management workshop runs through September. In other words, it means.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is it time for a BYOL (Bring Your Own Learning) strategy in your organization? #BYOL

Jane Hart

An increasing number of the workforce – smart, social, autonomous workers – are already doing their own thing and solving their own learning and performance problems much more quickly and more easily by using their own tools and devices. (In The PKM framework is based on eight years of practical research and use.

PKM 210
article thumbnail

Move Forward

Nick Leffler

As I was thinking about this issue, I thought how hanging on causes problems for companies and the hanger oners. You might also enjoy: Idea Management and Design – You Mean PKM? Communities of Practice Need Some Practice. Pulling the rug out from under people seems to happen the most in technology.

PKM 100
article thumbnail

Personal Learning Networks: For Ongoing Learning in a Connected World

ID Reflections

The four topics we are planning to deep dive into in the first two weeks are: a) Networked learning, b) Personal Learning Networks, c) MOOCs, and d) Communities of Inquiry. Moreover, since a large part of the skills and knowledge required to handle tasks and problems today are emergent, the possibility of training gets ruled out.

Network 100
article thumbnail

The differences between learning in an e-business and learning in a social business

Jane Hart

A Social Business is one that embraces and cultivates a spirit of collaboration and community throughout its organization—both internally and externally.”. Community management. Increasing interest in building and managing learning communities as part of blended programmes. Co-designing solutions to performance problems.

article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate "Working Out Loud"

ID Reflections

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Take Linux or the GitHub community for example.

Strategy 100