Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Podcasting Remove Reference
article thumbnail

Social Learning Has Its Place…And Informal Learning Does Too.

Dashe & Thomson

Jane claims that “Social Learning has come to refer exclusively to the use of social media in top-down, formal learning.” Although I usually agree with Jane and am humbled by her otherworldly stature within the learning community, I’m going to pick a bone here. It refers to learning done in a social context.

Wiki 189
article thumbnail

The 2 sources of freebies

E-Learning Provocateur

I’m referring to things like: • Blogs. • Podcasts. I’m referring to things like: • Discussion forums. • Communities of practice. Everyone knows there’s a wealth of free learning resources on the web, and many of them are relevant to the corporate sector. • Slides.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

2.0 is a philosophy, not a technology

Jay Cross's Informal Learning

Informal Audio/ podcasts. Informal Communities of practice. Informal Community e-news. Informal Reference docs/job aids. Social Podcasting. Informal Workshops. Informal Learnshop. Informal Case Studies. Informal SharePoint.

article thumbnail

Training Method Trends

Clark Quinn

If someone can get to your online reference (stored on a wiki) through their smart phone's browser, is that mobile learning? Big winners: Communities of Practice, Wikis, Blogs, Podcasts. Warning that on Blogs and Podcasts, the numbers are so low that any adoption looks bigger than it really is. Again pretty close.

Methods 140
article thumbnail

Life beyond the course

Clive on Learning

This includes one-to-one learning through on-job instruction, coaching and mentoring; social interaction from conferences, webinars and communities of practice; as well as the stimulation we receive individually through reading, listening to podcasts and watching videos.

Wiki 74
article thumbnail

Context + Control + Community = Learning

Breakthrough eLearning

On top of this, all learners are linked via an interactive online community and can share experiences, ask questions, and learn from each other as well as the experts at ChinesePod. My previous experiences at learning Chinese followed the old drill and practice memorization approaches that tend to suck all the fun out of learning.

article thumbnail

Summarizing Learn for Yourself

Jay Cross

Know-who (social networking skills, locating the key people and communities where competencies, knowledge, and practice reside and who can add the greatest value to one’s learning and work) Two students working on one computer learn more than both would learn if working individually. .”