2020 E-Learning & Training Conferences

LearnDash

For professionals in the learning industry (and that includes entrepreneurs, educators, faculty, academic administrators, librarians, and the web developers who work with these professionals), attending an industry conference or expo is a common objective. I’d like to think that e-learning conferences are so popular because those of us in the education industry are naturally drawn toward educating ourselves, and industry events are a great way to make that happen.

Podcast 30: Learning From Customer Conferences – With Tristan Jordan and Tara Pawlak of Community Brands

Talented Learning

EPISODE 30 – TOPIC SUMMARY AND GUESTS: Today I’m thrilled to welcome two executives from Community Brands – EVP and General Manager, Tristan Jordan , and Director of Marketing, Tara Pawlak. What exactly makes this conference so successful?

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

Axonify Redefines Knowledge and its True Purpose at its First Annual Community Conference

Axonify

Axonify held its first community conference at the prestigious Langdon Hall hotel in Cambridge, Ontario Canada last week. Langdon Hall – The location of Axonify’s first community conference.

TCC09: Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities

Experiencing eLearning

Liveblogged notes from the TCC online conference. This virtual learning community took the initiative to form a study group and share strategies for completing course problem-solving assignments. We’ve had learning communities before, but online learning makes it more visible.

Wiki 241

Effective Web Conferences – 41 Resources

Tony Karrer

I wanted to follow-up 19 Tips for Effective Online Conferences with some additional resources that relate to this topic. I primarily used the eLearning Learning and Communities and Networks sites and used Conference , Online Facilitation of Conferences , Online Interaction in Conferences , Moderating Online Interaction , and others. When developing PowerPoint slides to use in web conference training follow these guidelines: Simplify content.

Web 166

Axonify Redefines Knowledge and its True Purpose at its First Annual Community Conference

Axonify

Axonify held its first community conference at the prestigious Langdon Hall hotel in Cambridge, Ontario Canada last week. Langdon Hall – The location of Axonify’s first community conference. The conference ended with a brilliant keynote delivered by Bob Mosher, focusing on Performance Support and breaking the paradigms of traditional learning methods.

eLearning Conferences 2013

Tony Karrer

Wright has done his 28th version of his amazing list of conferences again this year. Past years eLearning Conferences 2012 , eLearning Conferences 2011 , eLearning Conferences 2010 , eLearning Conferences 2009. Middle East Conference, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

eLearning Conferences 2012

Tony Karrer

Wright has done his 26th version of his amazing list of conferences again this year and has asked me to post again. Past years eLearning Conferences 2011 , eLearning Conferences 2010 , eLearning Conferences 2009. Clayton R.

Mlearn conference Day 1

Challenge to Learn

At the last 5 or 6 conferences I visited we had a booth at the expo and I had to do one or more presentations. You can follow the conference from a distance, the backchannel is a great source of information. It was a great start of the conference.

Complete to Compete: Community College Student Success (Part One)

The Performance Improvement Blog

Full disclosure: I have a special interest in community college completion because I am on the Board of Trustees of Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor, Michigan and that institution, like all other colleges, are coming under scrutiny regarding the retention and graduation of their students.

2nd Annual Adobe eLearning Conference

Adobe Captivate

2nd Annual Adobe eLearning Conference. Join our interactive conference with industry luminaries, eLearning and learning experts, and Adobe product teams to discover how to stay ahead in today’s rapidly evolving learning scenario. Register today and become an active participant in the community that is at the forefront of eLearning creation, delivery, and management. 5 Ways to Create Quick and Effective Video Based eLearning Content from Scratch.

eLearning Conferences 2012

eFront

Educational Technology and Related Education Conferences for January to June 2012 Clayton R. Wright has done his 26th version of his amazing list of conferences again this year. You can contact him at: crwr77 [@] gmail.com This 26th version of the conference list covers selected events from four continents. > Please leave a comment if you would like me to include another eLearning Conference! link] April10-13, 2012 CiTE, The Pearson eCollegeUsers Conference, J.

Games Build Community & Associations: ASAE Technology Conference Session

Web Courseworks

I will be speaking at one of the last Idea Labs at the ASAE Technology Conference next Friday, February 12 th at 3:30PM. I like to think that I was placed in this “closing” position because conference organizers felt that the topic of “Using eLearning Games to Recruit, Engage, and Educate Members” would keep attendees energized until the very end of the conference.

30 Days To Go Until ATD International Conference & Exposition 2015 Comes Alive!

Origin Learning

Association for Talent Development, ATD’s International Conference and Exposition (ICE) is a much awaited event for learning professionals across the globe. Visit us in Booth #102 and let us show you how we can help you make learning fun, engaging and effective.

eLearning Conferences 2011

Tony Karrer

Clayton Wright has done his amazing list of conferences again this year and has asked me to post again. Past years eLearning Conferences 2010 , eLearning Conferences 2009. link] December 1-3, 2010 European Conference on Web Services (ECOWS), 8 th , Ayia Napa, Cyprus.

Complete to Compete: Community College Student Success (Part Two)

The Performance Improvement Blog

This post continues my comments and observations from attending the 2011 Annual Convention of the American Association of Community Colleges. Several college presidents reminded me that the stigma of community college as being grades 13 and 14 still exists in some quarters.

Ultimate Conference-zilla part 2: Better content by design

weelearning

This is part 2 in our series rounding up the “research” we carried out into Redesigning the Conference Experience. Part one focused on ways to make networking more effective and inclusive. Next we’re going to look at ways to improve … Read more › blog Event write-ups community conferences design thinking

It’s Showtime! How to Enhance Conference Learning With Online Video

Talented Learning

So how exactly can this work for associations hoping to enhance and extend conference learning? Video may be everywhere we look these days, but effective educational footage doesn’t just appear out of thin air. Factors that drive effective content selection and creation.

At Healthcare Educators’ Conference, “A Culture of Performance Improvement in Practice”

Web Courseworks

CME and other forms of continuing education in the health professions have been influenced by the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”), and with expected changes to that legislation, educational practitioners naturally wonder about the effects on their field.

Learning Solutions conference: the day after. #LS2011

Challenge to Learn

What did I learn the last few days at the guild conference? It would be interesting to find out what is more effective the US or the European way. Coming from Europe it does take a lot of time and money to visit a conference like this. Are only the Guild masters present at this conference and did they leave their apprentices at home? Or was this conference representative for the guild population? This was my first Guild conference.

e-Factor Conference

Moodle Journal

A provider may deliver a combination of provision, such as: community learning, apprenticeships and courses where a qualification is the main learning aim. Where relevant, inspectors should take into account: how the different needs of groups of learners are met the effectiveness of learning outside learning sessions through technology, reviews and tutorials care and support in their broadest forms, both in and between learning sessions.

The 7th Habit of Highly Effective eLearning Designers & Developers

Adobe Captivate

In Stephen Covey’s book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, the seventh habit is to sharpen the saw. Get in a swim before the conference or go for a nice long walk on the strip and see the sights.

Community really is the curriculum

Learning with e's

What a fitting place then, to hold an e-Learning Conference. I'm in Tallinn to give the opening keynote for the Estonian e-Learning Conference which takes place over 3 days in the city. Community really is the curriculum these days.

Learning Technologies Conference and Exhibition - Day 2

Unicorn Training

Abi has discussed the parallels between marketing and the learning community before and that not only are some of the challenges similar, but established marketing practices can easily be translated into practical and easy to apply techniques for L&D professionals to use.

eLearning Conferences

Tony Karrer

Once again, Clayton Wright has been nice enough to compile an incredible list of conferences focused on use of technology in learning. Please note that events, dates, titles, and locations may change; thus, check the specific conference website. No liability is assumed for any errors that may have been introduced inadvertently during the assembly of this selected conference list. crw Another source of major eLearning conferences is: Tom King's eLearning Google Calendar.

eLearning Conferences 2010

Tony Karrer

Clayton Wright just sent me his incredible annual list of eLearning Conferences. link] December 2-4, 2009 Online Educa Berlin International Conference on Technology Supported Learning and Training, 15 th , Hotel InterContinental, Berlin, Germany.

How to Continue the Conference Learning Experience

WBT Systems

Conferences consume a great deal of your association’s time and financial resources. The truth is: conferences are not the most effective method of transferring knowledge. In most associations, only a small percentage of members attend conferences. To resolve these issues, try a different approach to conferences: make a plan to continue the conference learning experience. Why Continue the Conference Learning Experience.

Lectora User Conference Showcase: Jeremy Boles

Trivantis

Community Forum. Community Forum. Lectora User Conference 2014. Your Annual e-Learning Conference. Lectora User Conference Showcase: Jeremy Boles. The annual Lectora User Conference, held May 22 – 24, is quickly approaching. Community Forum. Forum.

Is E-learning Really Effective In The Workplace? 3 Top Factors That Contribute To Efficacy

G-Cube

With increasing popularity comes the obvious question of effectiveness. The effectivity of technology-aided learning in the workplace can be attributed to a number of factors and studying them closely will reveal that e-learning is indeed very effective for the corporate audiences.

Future of Conferences: Why People Attend

Jay Cross

I’m investigating the future of f2f conferences. Will conferences be disrupted à la newspaper business? Will successful events become communities instead of one-shot deals? What’s the future for L&D conferences, say five years out?

Conferences can be better, a whole lot better

Jay Cross

The conference business is booming yet every participant has some major gripe about the way conferences are run. In the beginning of the year, I looked into the future of conferences. I concluded that: Flipping conference presentations can vastly improve learning outcomes.

Flipped Learning Increases the Value of Conference Education

WBT Systems

Everyone knows that sitting in an audience listening passively to a speaker is not an effective way for adults to learn, yet that’s still the norm at many conferences and educational events. Although flipped learning has been used successfully for a decade by high school and college instructors, associations have been slow to adopt it for educational events, like conferences. Let’s take a look at the benefits of flipped learning for conference attendees.

e-Learning Acupuncture: Technology, Colleges and Community Online Conference

E-Learning Acupuncture

Thursday, December 20, 2007 Technology, Colleges and Community Online Conference I live in Canada and these days everywhere I look, I see snow. The Technology, Colleges and Community (TCC) Conference is hosted by Kapiolani Community College, in Honolulu, Hawaii.

2015 Lectora User Conference Recap by Donald H Taylor

Trivantis

I spend a lot of time at conferences—whether running them, talking at them, or attending—and I can tell you the toughest thing about getting them right is not finding the right venue; it’s not getting the food to arrive hot, nor even choosing the speakers.