article thumbnail

From Learning Management to Personal Knowledge Management

Jane Hart

If you want to grow as a person and a worker and if you want to gain skills that will help you take that next step in your career, you’ll probably have to learn those skills on your own.

article thumbnail

From “learning technologies” to “social technologies”

Jane Hart

Social technologies now play a big part in everything we do, and it is quite clear that many knowledge workers use a variety of social tools and networks not only to help them get work done, but also to learn efficiently while on the job.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Inimitable Jay Cross

ID Reflections

I had the good fortune to meet Jay in 2011 when he, along with Clark Quinn came down for EDGEx – The Disruptive Education conference. As little as a fortnight ago, he was contemplating different platforms for hosting the Real Learning community. That was the first time I met him face to face, and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.

article thumbnail

Learn Trends 2008 - Free

Tony Karrer

George Siemens , Jay Cross and Tony Karrer have organized the second annual free online conference: Corporate Learning: Trends and Innovation 2008 November 17 - 21, 2008 | Online | Free Last year's conference had two thousand people from all over the world take part in the week-long conference. It's online. And it's free.

Free 102
article thumbnail

Sahana Chattopadhyay – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Her work with various companies like Tata Interactive Systems, Zensar Technologies, ThoughtWorks and Future Group has given her a width of experience that spans instructional design, workplace learning strategy, knowledge management, social learning and community management, and people development. and others.

article thumbnail

PlatCore’s Top 5 Moments of 5 Years

PlatCore

As a way of celebrating the amazing team and community that have seen us through, I wanted to share some moments of these last 5 years together. ServiceNow showcased our app on the Knowledge show floor – giving us exposure to thousands of attendees. More importantly, we found our people in the ServiceNow community.

Culture 59
article thumbnail

Learned about Learning in 2009

Tony Karrer

See also: Twitter Conference Ideas and Twitter and Webinars. Online Sessions / Conferences / Discussions => Now Visible Networking I’ve seen during 2009 a real growth in the ability to spark up interesting discussions as online sessions. I’m convinced that we are all struggling to have our Work Skills Keep Up. eLearning Technology.