article thumbnail

Maximizing Learning Potential with Open Educational Resources

Kitaboo

In a world where education is rapidly evolving, Open Educational Resources (OERs) have emerged as a game-changer. A recent survey by NCBI shows a staggering 91% of respondents actively engaging with OERs. Yet, despite these impressive figures, OERs remain underutilized in many regions globally.

OER 52
article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences 2011

Tony Karrer

Clayton Wright has done his amazing list of conferences again this year and has asked me to post again. Past years eLearning Conferences 2010 , eLearning Conferences 2009. Please note that events, dates, titles, and locations may change; thus, CHECK the specific conference website.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Disruptive Educational Research Conference in India

Jay Cross

the emergence of network based, collaborative, social, informal and community-led approaches to learning) and Simulations & Serious Games (being able to seriously use these advanced learning tools at strategic scale). MOOCs, OER University, Stanford AI. EdgeX aims to be disruptive. Personal Learning Environments, Open Distributed.

article thumbnail

OER the seas and far away.

Learning with e's

My destination is first Johannesburg, and then a short flight onwards to Windhoek, capital of Namibia, where I will be giving an invited presentation to the UNESCO Open Educational Resources Conference organised in conjunction with the Commonwealth of Learning. I'm looking forward to attending the conference, and visiting yet another nation.

OER 40
article thumbnail

Top 10 eLearning Predictions for 2010

Tony Karrer

The example they cite sounds like actually hacking – but I believe that we are going to see more and more employees taking initiative to end run the barriers in order to leverage networks, communities, and tools that extend beyond the boundaries of the organization. Just visit the OER Commons and Open Courseware Consortium.

article thumbnail

To Flip or Not to Flip Your Classroom

TechSmith Camtasia

Guest post by South Florida State College and Florida Keys Community College instructor, Erik Christensen, written for the quarterly educator newsletter The Learning Lounge. He teaches physics, astronomy, and astrobiology at South Florida State College as well as astronomy online for Florida Keys Community College.

article thumbnail

Opening doors

Learning with e's

David Sadler, Director of Networks at the Higher Education Academy, says: “This event will share the experiences of the pilot projects which, since early 2009, have been working to make thousands of resources freely available through the UK OER programme, leading to a more positive student learning experience.

Open 69