article thumbnail

DevLearn 2014 – It’s a Wrap (and it’s all about community): Featuring Meg Bertapelle

Learning Rebels

I would even make the argument that it’s more a Personal Learning Community than a network (which conjures up visions of a strange form of speed dating, strangers passing around business cards hoping for a connection). Benefits of PLN/Community/Professional Organizations. In fact the first conference I went to was DevLearn in 2010.

DevLearn 214
article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Announcing several new degrees and certificates, generative AI platform features, and Coursera Hiring Solutions to better serve the community worldwide 

Coursera

By Jeff Maggioncalda, CEO of Coursera Our annual Coursera Conference brings together leaders from across global higher education, industry, and governments to discuss critical trends, ecosystem collaborations, and technological advancements shaping the future of learning and work.

article thumbnail

Vegas and The Learning Conference Scene

eLearning 24-7

Sandwiched between two conferences. A hotel stays especially during convention week (regardless of whether it is your conference) will drive up the prices on the strip, especially in the center of it. A surreal experience awaits anyone who comes to Vegas for a convention, especially those in the learning and training communities.

article thumbnail

Games Build Community & Associations: ASAE Technology Conference Session

Web Courseworks

I will be speaking at one of the last Idea Labs at the ASAE Technology Conference next Friday, February 12 th at 3:30PM. The way people learn from games, what game mechanics make online games addictive, and how to successfully utilize games to build community and optimize web traffic are important topics for discussion.

article thumbnail

TCC09 Conference Liveblogging

Experiencing eLearning

As I did last year , I’m going to liveblog the TCC09 conference. The theme for the Technology, Colleges, and Community conference this year is The New Internet: Collaborative Learning, Social Networking, Technology Tools, and Best Practices. Tags: Lifelong Learning liveblogging TCC09. Posted in Lifelong Learning.

article thumbnail

Effective Web Conferences – 41 Resources

Tony Karrer

I wanted to follow-up 19 Tips for Effective Online Conferences with some additional resources that relate to this topic. I primarily used the eLearning Learning and Communities and Networks sites and used Conference , Online Facilitation of Conferences , Online Interaction in Conferences , Moderating Online Interaction , and others.