article thumbnail

14 Articles on MOOCs

Jay Cross

Participant support on massive open online courses | Kop | The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning. International Review of Research on Open and Distance Learning (IRRODL), 12(7). link] (see also entire special issue on Emergent Learning, Connections, Designs for Learning: [link].

article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences 2011

Tony Karrer

link] or [link] December 1, 2010 UNESCO-Commonwealth of Learning Policy Form on Open Educational Resources (OER): Taking OER beyond the OER Community – Policy and Capacity, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France. link] December 6, 2010 International Workshop on Smart Homes for Tele-Health , 3 rd , Miami, Florida.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 74 eLearning Posts from September 2010

eLearning Learning Posts

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE - PLE’s need Teachers - Learnadoodledastic , September 23, 2010 Call it a PLE if you like, to me it is connectivist learning. Learning is, I think, a highly creative activity. Reusing eLearning material (OER) from other sources or not, asks UNESCO. concerning OER. Results of the Experiment.

article thumbnail

Future of Higher Education – Digital Textbooks and Courses

MagicBox

Starting from providing online content services, new learning platforms, along with software for learning management & assessment, technology has uplifted the learning environment for universities. Distant learning makes up a large chunk of course offerings at most community colleges and universities.

article thumbnail

Future of Higher Education – Digital Textbooks and Courses

MagicBox

Starting from providing online content services, new learning platforms, along with software for learning management & assessment, technology has uplifted the learning environment for universities. Distant learning makes up a large chunk of course offerings at most community colleges and universities.

article thumbnail

The open case

Learning with e's

I have already written about sharp practice - the cynical manner in which some publishing houses exploit the goodwill and free labour of academics, and then make huge profits selling on journal subscriptions back to the academic community, so I won't revisit this point. Unported License.

Open 87
article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences 2013

Tony Karrer

link] December 2-7, 2012 Executive Leadership Institute , sponsored by the League for Innovation in the Community College, Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix, Arizona, USA. link] December 3-14, 2012 Open Content Licensing for Educators (#OCL4Ed), organized by the OER Foundation, offered online.