article thumbnail

TCC09: Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities

Experiencing eLearning

In this session, we will share a collaborative wiki created by a self-organized, self-managed group of online graduate students. This virtual learning community took the initiative to form a study group and share strategies for completing course problem-solving assignments. Define wiki. Community of Inquiry.

Wiki 193
article thumbnail

Wikis and Learning – 60 Resources

Tony Karrer

I’m involved in several discussions around how to use Wikis as part of learning solutions. So, of course, I went to eLearning Learning and I looked at Wiki , Collaborative Learning with Wikis , Wikis and eLearning 2.0 , Wikis Corporate eLearning , Social Learning with Wikis , Wiki Security and a few others.

Wiki 192
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! Explaining your front line employees how to manage customer calls effectively is explicit knowledge. Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”.

article thumbnail

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! Explaining your front line employees how to manage customer calls effectively is explicit knowledge. Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”.

article thumbnail

Moodle Cloud LMS: Top 10 Tips for Administrators

Lambda Solutions

As an LMS administrator, it's important to maximize the potential of Moodle Cloud to create a seamless and effective learning experience. Encourage Collaboration and Communication: Leverage Moodle Cloud's collaborative features, such as discussion forums, wikis, and messaging, to foster interaction and knowledge sharing among learners.

Moodle 130
article thumbnail

Demystifying Moodle™: A Comprehensive Overview for 2023

Lambda Solutions

Collaborative Tools: Discussion forums, wikis, and chat rooms encourage interaction and collaboration among students, fostering a sense of community. Moodle's open-source nature means it's highly customizable and cost-effective, making it a preferred choice for educational institutions of all sizes.

Moodle 130
article thumbnail

Wiki working

Learning with e's

I published two journal articles recently on the use of wikis in teaching and learning, and I'm making them available here on this blog. I have also published several book chapters recently on the use of wikis in education which I will make available here over the next few weeks - so bookmark this space!

Wiki 67