article thumbnail

Coherent Implications

Clark Quinn

There are three layers: work teams composed of members from different communities of practice, that are connected outward to broader social networks. An important element is the flow of information within the model; ensuring that there are no barriers to making effective choices. The learning should be ongoing.

article thumbnail

What does change(d) look like?

Clark Quinn

What would an effective L&D unit be doing, and what would the employee/manager/exec experience be? I see employees experiencing less ‘training’ As I’ve said, effective training is expensive when done properly, and should be used only when significant skill shifts are needed.

Change 173
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Detailing the Coherent Organization

Clark Quinn

I had, as Harold’s original model provided the basis for, separate groups for Work Teams, Communities of Practice, and Social Networks. As a start, I wanted to go back and look at these elements and see if I could be more systematic about it. Within each were separate elements.

article thumbnail

Starting a revolution?

Clark Quinn

In thinking a bit about the Future of Work, one of the issues is where to start. If we take the implications of the Coherent Organization to heart, we realize that the components include the work teams, the communities of practice (increasingly I think of it as a community of improvement ), and the broader network.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Organizational Learning Tools

The Performance Improvement Blog

An online leadership course is nice but it will have little to no effect if not integrated with a long-term learning and performance improvement plan and an organization-wide culture of learning. Survey of community's capacity to support organization. Chart of community pressures on organization. Survey of employee engagement.

article thumbnail

20 ways to prepare yourself for modern workplace learning

Jane Hart

You have been an active participant in a number of online communities and understand the activities involved in of community management and what makes a good community manager. L&D can better manage or support the management of organisational communities. ARE PART OF A SOCIAL WORK TEAM. NEW SKILLS.

article thumbnail

Free learning & development webinars for October 2021

Limestone Learning

It’s time to unleash your full capability and the full capability of your team. PT: Community Member Showcase Join TLDCast’s crowdcast as they feature Gwen Navarrete Klapperich, Chief Learning Consultant of Klapperich International Training Associates (KITA) LLC. Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 1 p.m.–2 Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 3 p.m.–4

Free 136