article thumbnail

Saying Good-bye to The eLearning Guild (but not leaving the Guild family)

Corporate eLearning Strategies and Development

On August 27th I begin the next chapter of my eLearning career. I am leaving the Training and Development industry's most important professional association, The eLearning Guild , to be part of a startup in the data center industry. I will be the Director of Product Training for IO Data Centers. Okay, stop laughing.

article thumbnail

Exploring Social Learning and Smarter Working (eLearning Guild Webinar) #inttime

Learning Visions

These are my live blogged notes from today’s eLearning Guild Webinars with members of the Internet Time Alliance (ITA): Harold Jarche, Charles Jennings, Clark Quinn, Jane Hart, Jay Cross Exploring Social Learning and Smarter Working The questions for the session were sourced from the crowd. Moderate social communities.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. Of course, when I saw this question, I had to try to answer it.

article thumbnail

Learning Solutions Conference: Experts of the Guild

Web Courseworks

I have been impressed over the years with the fine work of David Holcombe and Heidi Fisk, founders of the eLearning Guild. When it comes to eLearning, the Guild is a trusted source of information, networking and a true community of practice. I also encourage everyone to revisit his book Engaging eLearning.

article thumbnail

Community Makes the Difference at DevLearn09

eLearning Development

As expected, the eLearning Guild put on an outstanding event. This makes the community stronger. The sense of community, and wanting to give back to the community, was palpable. I’ve been to other conferences, but none of them have the sense of community that DevLearn has. writetechnology.

article thumbnail

Kineo Audio Interview with Ellen Wagner "The Evolution of the LMS"

Learning Visions

I get to talk to really interesting people in the eLearning community and then share it with all of you. Last week I got the chance to chat with Ellen Wagner about the eLearning Guild's LMS 2009 Report: The Evolution of the LMS: From Management to Learning. You may already know Ellen from her blog: eLearning Roadtrip.

Audio 100
article thumbnail

DevLearn, Reflected #dl10

Learning Visions

As always, the eLearning Guild puts on a great show and this year’s DevLearn in San Fran was no exception. Life as a booth babe At the Kineo booth, we were busy on the stand talking about Totara – the new open source LMS for corporates – and showing off some our custom eLearning projects. Tags: dl10. See y’all next time!

DevLearn 187