article thumbnail

Phew! Reflecting on #ASTD10

Learning Visions

but I did make a point of checking out Bloomfire and their Collaborative Social Learning Community. Talking content As always, it was great to connect with Thomas Stone (@ThomasStone) of ElementK and hear what they’re up to with off-the-shelf content and LMSs. Tags: moodle e-learning kineo astd kineo tv.

ElementK 183
article thumbnail

The LMS Debate rides again

Clark Quinn

If you’re doing it task-centric, and community-centric, you’re doing it right, but then it’s not course-centric, and really you’re no longer coming from the perspective of where LMS emerged from. Tags: social strategy technology. It’s not management. So, what do you think?

LMS 171
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

BOB MOSHER – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

Bob helped guide and communicate the direction of Microsoft Learning’s products both externally to their customers, and internally throughout Microsoft. Bob started his career in adult education with Element K (now Skillsoft ). How do you think such recognitions will help fuel your vision for the L&D community?

article thumbnail

Interesting Information via eLearning Learning

Tony Karrer

We've implemented a few features in the eLearning Learning Community. relates closely to the concepts Learning 2.0 , eLearning Tools , Corporate eLearning , Personal Learning , and Enterprise 2.0 ; the Tools Odeo , CollectiveX , Bea Pages , Apache Roller , and Dogear ; and the Companies NexLearn , Awareness Networks , Element K , and Mzinga.

article thumbnail

Effective Web Conferences – 41 Resources

Tony Karrer

I primarily used the eLearning Learning and Communities and Networks sites and used Conference , Online Facilitation of Conferences , Online Interaction in Conferences , Moderating Online Interaction , and others. In most cases, and in my case, the community manager also performs the moderation functions. Below are some helpful tips.

article thumbnail

LMSs that kick ass: ElementK’s KnowledgeHub

Janet Clarey

Probably just three years ago, if you said Element K I would have immediately thought about off-the-shelf courseware. However, Element K has made substantial, progressive improvements to their LMS, most recently by building custom integrations between Jive Clearspace and KnowledgeHub, Element K’s LMS.

article thumbnail

Storyboard Templates iPhone - Best of eLearning Learning

eLearning Learning Posts

PhD thesis on tagging learning resources in a multilangual context - Ignatia Webs , December 21, 2009. 5 laws of human nature and online collaborative communities - Thinking Cloud , December 18, 2009. New Roles for Instructors, Instructional Designers, and Subject Matter Experts - Element K Blog , December 3, 2009.