article thumbnail

4 Key Emerging Trends in LMS

Upside Learning

Cloud computing is emerging as an inexpensive, quick and efficient way of delivering training through LMS. Personal Learning Environment (PLE). The PLE that would know learners’ interests and gaps in knowledge and skills and proactively suggest new information, courses, social communities and network for consideration. (I

LMS 270
article thumbnail

Top 100 eLearning Items

Tony Karrer

Communities of Practice Facebook as a Learning Platform We Need a Degree in Instructional Design Learning styles don't exist 90-9-1 Rule aka 1% Rule in Collaborative Environments How long does it take to create learning? Learning 2.0 - The Things How we read online. - Tools Collaborative Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools - A Summary PR 2.0:

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Everyone has one

Learning with e's

Personal learning environments or PLEs, are the collection of tools (not just online) that enable us to connect, create and share content with our own communities of interest and practice. It worked, and I emerged with a first class honours degree. We all use tools to help us learn.

PLE 82
article thumbnail

Give PLEs a chance

Learning with e's

This is my penultimate post in the series reviewing the new book ' Connected Minds, Emerging Cultures '. This post features Graham Attwell's chapter on the social impact of personal learning environments (PLEs). Tags: PLE Emerging Cultures Graham Attwell Connected Minds.

PLE 40
article thumbnail

100 eLearning Articles and White Papers

Tony Karrer

Managing the Complexity of Forming an Online Networking Community: 14. Innovate: Moving from Theory to Real-World Experiences in an e-Learning Community 15. Building community in an online learning environment: communication, cooperation and collaboration 16. & Communities 2.0 Storyboards & eLearning (Pt.

Wiki 147
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Personal Learning Earthquake

Learning Visions

So the PLE conversation has been, for me, framed in terms of the LMS and tools. How do you make an LMS into a PLE? And it started dawning on me that the PLE was about a revolution in learning -- about teaching people to learn -- about empowering individuals to take control of their own learning environments, their futures.

article thumbnail

eLearning Learning - Best of May

Tony Karrer

Tools - Don't Waste Your Time , May 10, 2009 Informal Learning Technology - eLearning Technology , May 11, 2009 Capture Examples - eLearning Technology , May 29, 2009 Presentation: Blogs in Education - Don't Waste Your Time , May 22, 2009 Top Other Items The following are the top other items based on social signals.