Organizations as Communities?—?Part 2

ID Reflections

Yesterday, in a Twitter conversation with Rachel Happe regarding the need for organizations to function as communities, I wrote the following: “ Complicated solutions are yesterday’s good practices. Complex, holistic solutions are multi-faceted, emergent and constantly evolving. I interpret enabling constraints as “holding space for emergence” where constraints function as a safety net. How are communities connected to complexity, collective intelligence and “sensemaking”?

21 top elearning communities

Sponge UK

Join thousands of other L&D professionals who are learning from each other in these elearning communities. We’ve given you a quick reference guide for making sure your part of the most relevant groups on all platforms. Moodle community. Adapt community. Join in the discussion with a Community of thousands of HR and L&D Professionals”. No membership numbers are published but the record for daily visits to the community is 7,215.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Text-based learning: emerging from the pandemic as a must-have

CLO Magazine

Elliott Masie referred to it as a year of pivots and published an e-book about it. One creative application emerging is the use of text-based learning, an idea that is not actually new. For vulnerable communities, this figure is even higher.

[IN DEPTH ANALYSIS] Does a sense of community matter in online training?

KnowledgeOne

Sharing with others and being part of a community is as fundamental to our development as it is to our survival. Couldn’t we think that it is also possible to invest the Other or the others (the peer group, but also the teachers, tutors, professionals of the school), through different types of social groupings, cognitively and emotionally, whether it’ s a dyad, a small group, a class or a community ( Molinari et al.,

Developing a Results Driven Curriculum

fire chiefs, emergency officers, and. to give back to the community. team members to reference each. Developing a. Results-Driven. Curriculum. 3C O N T E N T S Contents Introduction PA G E 4 Five Steps to a. Results-Driven. Curriculum. PA G E 5 1 Create a project. charter.

Learning Trends, Technologies, and Opportunities – New White Paper by Sharon Boller

Bottom-Line Performance

In section two, “Emerging Trends and Technologies,” Sharon shares the 7 learning trends that will grow in 2013 and beyond: 1. More learning snacks, ePubs, videos, and reference tools. Less Trainers; More Community Managers and Curators. BLP News e-Learning emerging trends and technologies game based learning Learning Games Mobile Learning Social Learning emerging trends learning design white paper

Trends 229

The grassroots of learning

E-Learning Provocateur

He explains in Trying to write Rhizomatic Learning in 300 words : “Rhizomatic Learning developed as an approach for me as a response to my experiences working with online communities. In a sense, participating in the community is the curriculum.” In Rhizomatic Education: Community as Curriculum , Dave similarly mentioned the abundance of content on the Internet, and also the shrinking half-life of knowledge.

Bea 170

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. I have recently taken on enterprise community facilitation and was curious to see how people are interacting on our enterprise collaboration platform. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

KM 169

COVID-19 and the next New Deal for artists: “Building the Vibe”

Kadenze

This funding not only led to still famous murals in federal buildings in big cities, it also brought theatre, music, and visual arts to rural and other marginalized communities. To have a ‘vibe’ you need to have a reference point, something to which everyone is able to relate.

Teach 80

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!)

Mark Oehlert

» May 02, 2007 Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!) Map of Online Communities from xkcd - which is a comic you should be reading - I am so busy right now on something but I saw this and just had to post! May 02, 2007 in Insanely Cool Content | Permalink Technorati Tags : maps , online communities , xkcd TrackBack TrackBack URL for this entry: [link] Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!) : Comments I like it!

The Hottest eLearning Buzzwords for 2018 – Part 01: Honorable Mentions

Adobe Captivate

Here one year, gone the next, they emerge from the public conversations we have in our professional lives, and the eLearning profession is no exception to the buzzword phenomenon. Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs), much like the name suggests, refer to courses that are administered online, have large numbers of students and are “open” to anyone that wants to attend. References (In Order of Appearance). Buzzwords and clichés – those are stock and trade.

xapi 40

eLearning Trends In 2019: How To Use Them To Enhance Your Learning Strategy

Adobe Captivate

Section 4: I wrap up with trends that are clearly emerging as front runners for investment in the very near future. This too will benefit from emerging techniques like AI for learning, machine learning and so on, to create even more relevant learning paths to the users. Big Data refers to voluminous data that is aggregated from various sources (typically, LMS, LCMS, learning portals, and surveys/polling or assessments in the context of eLearning).

The 10 Commandments of Microblogging

E-Learning Provocateur

Good practice is a subjective concept, but some universal principles have emerged over the years. If you don’t know the answer to one of our questions, refer it to someone who does. Nevertheless, I hope they provide some semblance of order that will extract the most out of our corporate communities. social media collaboration community corporate enterprise 2.0

Yammer 119

The 10 Commandments of Microblogging

E-Learning Provocateur

Good practice is a subjective concept, but some universal principles have emerged over the years. If you don’t know the answer to one of our questions, refer it to someone who does. Nevertheless, I hope they provide some semblance of order that will extract the most out of our corporate communities. social media collaboration community corporate enterprise 2.0

Yammer 100

My History of Live Blogged Notes

Experiencing eLearning

These posts go back to 2007, so some of the content and references are dated. Learning Communities. Wikis & Emerging Web 2.0 E-Learning Communities. Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities. What can Educators Learn from Online Religious Communities? Digital User-Generated Content and Our Emerging Digital Literacy.

The dynamics of managing/nurturing networks of practice

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Unfortunately it is not freely accessible online, but this is the reference to the article: Agterberg, M., Journal of Management Studies, 47(1), 85-108 The authors make a distinction between NoPs and CoPs; networks of practice and communities of practice. This brings a central dilemma: how to balance emergent self-organization and autonomy on the one hand and some degree of formal management influence on the other hand?

Connected pedagogy: Shared minds

Learning with 'e's

Related blog posts Connected pedagogy: Social media Connected pedagogy: Smart technology References Maslow, A. 2008) Connected Minds, Emerging Cultures. eden19 collaboration communities connection education learning pedagogy sharing social media TechnologyImage from Pixabay In preparation for my EDEN19 keynote later this month in Bruges, I have been making notes on connected learning.

Online, en masse

Learning with 'e's

Photo by William White on unsplash Still other virtual clans are emerging from the cultures surrounding online leisure activities such as massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), strategy games and transnational special interest groups that meet en masse, online. In massively multiplayer online gaming, the ‘clan’ (sometimes referred to as ‘guild’) is the name used to describe a group of individuals who play competitively against other clan groups.

How to Replace Top-Down Training with Collaborative Learning (3)

Jay Cross

Activity stream – for monitoring the organization pulse in real time, sharing what you’re doing, being referred to useful information, asking for help, accelerating the flow of news and information, and keeping up with change. Communities are networks of people who share common interests and identify themselves as cohorts. A community may be a group of professionals (e.g. Communities can exist internally (the United Way Committee) or externally (the chefs).

9 Strategies to Make Your Peer Learning Program Thrive

CLO Magazine

If you’re sponsoring or developing a peer learning program, you know that professional communities of practice are a cost-effective way to leverage the collective wisdom and experience of a group of leaders with similar roles, challenges or interest areas. In anticipation of hearing about emerging practices, troubleshooting common challenges and inspiring collaboration, you may be tempted to simply get people together — virtually or in person — and wait for the magic to begin.

3 Benefits of MOOCs in the Workplace

ID Reflections

I believe MOOCs, especially when referred to in the context of the workplace, are increasingly going to become a catch-all term for any online, large scale, learning intervention at the workplace. From the amalgamation of these two is emerging a new breed of MOOCs—the corporate MOOCs. Honestly, we don’t really know, and all of us are waiting to see the emergence. Initiating new and emergent practices from the amalgamation of shared experiences iii.

6 Developer Marketing Trends in 2022

Appsembler

While providing sample code may seem scary, taking a collaborative approach with your developer community and being transparent about what your product can do (and can’t do), will help you improve your product and also ensure that you are building something that developers want to use.

Is all learning social?

Learning with 'e's

One theory that has emerged from the social constructivist school, Activity Theory , suggests that all learning is shaped and motivated by social influences (Engeström et al , 1999). Another theory derived from social constructivism has been proposed by Lave and Wenger (1991) who argue that the formation of communities of practice can explain much of the informal learning that occurs for example in the workplace. References Bandura, A.

MARGIE MEACHAM – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

It comprises stimulating discussions with industry experts and product evangelists on emerging trends in the learning landscape. You have been trying to help the community better understand ‘brain science’ and ways to bring that into learning design.

KEVIN THORN – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

He can be found on Twitter as @LearnNuggets, on LinkedIn, or around learning and development communities teaching and facilitating workshops where he writes articles, reviews and shares tutorials. In the last few years we have seen a lot of great innovative AI technologies emerge.

eCombat: Lessons from the Interactive Battlefields of Afghanistan

Vignettes Learning

Historicity Element: Incorporate prior experiences and stories of members, explicitly share the culture and values of the virtual community and make public the history of the community. Identity Element: Foster team-building activities, develop community logos, publicly acknowledge accomplishments of groups and members and articulate the community focus, purpose and requirements for membership. Our Belief.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Does anyone else see "Student Records" in "Data Portability"?

Mark Oehlert

White Paper Solicitation and I came to this section of items that would be valuable to have addressed by submitted white papers: "Collaboration and Community. Learning takes place within a community and is a collaborative activity. enable interoperability among learning systems and the technologies that support collaboration and community, including social networks, community learning, wikis, blogs, multiplayer games, and the emerging world of user generated content?"

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): "Intel Launches social media experience Open Port" (PodTech)

Mark Oehlert

e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « "Theories and Models Of and For Online Learning" (First Monday) | Main | "A Win-Win Scenario: Game School Aims to Engage and Educate" (WIRED) » August 31, 2007 "Intel Launches social media experience Open Port" (PodTech) ( Link ) "Corporate Websites are losing a bit of relevance," says Bob Duffy,Intels online community strategist.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): So its not exactly, if you build it they will come?

Mark Oehlert

Anybody ever try to manage an online community and wonder why it seemed so hard? Great post on BGN linking to some pointers on building social web apps - translatable into building communities). TrackBack TrackBack URL for this entry: [link] Listed below are links to weblogs that reference So its not exactly, if you build it they will come? e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « I couldnt help myself, honest I tried.

SMART Goals in a SMAC World

ID Reflections

Looking forward to writing and conversing with my community once again. This could perhaps be because setting goals and chasing them are easier than exploring and staying with ambiguity, learning on the go and remaining open to multiple and emergent realities. In a world of wicked problems, complexity and emergence, rigid goals do more harm than good. Let’s take a look at the Cynefin framework as a point of reference.

DR. STELLA LEE – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

It comprises stimulating discussions with industry experts and product evangelists on emerging trends in the learning landscape. It refers to the general inability for people to see inside a system and understand how it arrives at a decision (e.g.

Worried About Course Security? Start With Your Website.

LearnDash

When choosing a security plugin (or plugins), look at what features they provide and choose ones that are well-regarded in the WordPress community. The “multifactor” in this case refers to different ways to prove that you are who you are.

"Digital Mindset": What is it All About?

ID Reflections

The emerging reality is that work and life are becoming one. I often refer to this sense-making model because it provides a simple yet powerful heuristic for evaluating where we stand in relation to other contexts. I have included the diagram below for reference: When we operate in the Complex zone, we can only connect cause and effect in hindsight. Collaboration is the only way to make sense in a complex world and define emergent practices that work.

MOOCs in Workplace Learning - Part 2: Designing a MOOC

ID Reflections

@ignatia (Inge de Waard) describes MOOCs thus in her Master’s Thesis, which I have referred to: “MOOC is above all referring to a pedagogical model with independent learners, access to information, opportunity to create emerging, spontaneous, yet not directed learning communities, etcetera. Jobs and roles are rapidly evolving with new ones emerging, and old ones getting automated or vanishing altogether. and sharing of the same with the learner community.

Design 162

xAPI Shifting to 3rd Gear

MakingBetter

had small emergent breakout groups and large breakout groups moderated by our partners Shelly Blake-Plock, Mike Hruska and Nick Washburn. No matter what Amazon does with xAPI, their embrace of xAPI, even to bring the community to their house so we could learn together — what xAPI enables and (frankly) what value xAPI holds for them — is huge. You need a company to reference when asked, “Who’s doing xAPI?”. You might be surprised to find out we’re in 2nd gear.

xapi 207

Learning Suite: The past of learning systems

Learning Pool

Learning Suites emerge. E-learning content (often, confusingly referred to as “the learning”) was launched and tracked by the LMS, controlled by the training manager, and accessed by the learners.

Suite 80

Learning Technology: How it can support workers to deliver results

Docebo

Their ground-breaking book Blown to Bits defined reach as referring to the number of people who share particular information, with richness being a more complex concept combining bandwidth, customization, interactivity, reliability, security, and currency. The opportunities for L&D to exploit emerging technologies and machine intelligence to deliver business value by achieving richness and reach are huge. .

How E-learning for Health Changed After Covid-19

Spark Your Interest

For example, in marketing the course to internal staff, partners, and the broader community. As well, a quick reference guide was also created. As part of the visit, the nurse would bring a large reference binder. And quickly assembled e-learning in a pandemic emergency.

Change 178

KEITH KEATING – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

It comprises stimulating discussions with industry experts and product evangelists on emerging trends in the learning landscape. You have been trying to help the community better understand ways to apply this science in learning design to make its solutions more ‘human-centered’.

Difference between Digitization, Digitalization, and Digital Transformation

Academia

Whether digitization, digitalization, or digital transformation, these terms are used differently by the education leaders and management community. Digitization refers to the process of converting information from a physical form into a digital one.