article thumbnail

Top 100 eLearning Items

Tony Karrer

LMS RFP The Nature of Online Collaboration Connectivism and the modern learner Nursing Simulation in Second Life eLearning Course or Online Demo - which is better? Tools Collaborative Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools - A Summary PR 2.0: Not – Pictorally Social Networking in Education Informal learning - what is it?

article thumbnail

In Challenging Times: Make Lemonade in eLearning

Litmos

There are a lot of emergent prescriptions, such that there’s even a backlash! I’m working with the local Community Emergency Response Team on training volunteers, but getting hands-on with a fire-extinguisher and putting out an actual burning device, or bandaging wounds on a patient, and doing search and rescue drills, just can’t be faked.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Talented Learning Greatest Hits – 2018 Edition

Talented Learning

So as you prepare for what’s ahead, join me as I reflect on topics that mattered most to the extended enterprise learning community in 2018. This year we launched our new podcast series, “ The Talented Learning Show “ to showcase one-on-one conversations with experts from across the learning technology community.

article thumbnail

2008 2009

Tony Karrer

for Learning Professionals Ten Predictions for eLearning 2008 Test SCORM Courses with an LMS Request for Proposal (RFP) Samples Training Method Trends Corporate Learning Long Tail and Attention Crisis SCORM Test Web 2.0 Temporary Learning Communities A new batch of Learning Communities emerged. What an oversight.

article thumbnail

Podcast 19: Customer Education 101 – With Dave Derington of Azuqua

Talented Learning

But new communities of practice are emerging to offer knowledge sharing and support. Great idea to fill that gap with a community by and for customer education pros… A lot of us find ourselves kind of falling into this field. They needed to streamline their RFP response process. Q&A HIGHLIGHTS: Welcome, Dave.

article thumbnail

First Time Visitor Guide

Tony Karrer

Informal Learning, Communities, Bottom-up vs. Top-Down Rosenberg's Beyond eLearning - Is that eLearning 2.0? eLearning 2.0 - An Immediate, Important Shift eLearning 1.0, Learning Trends Point To and Shape eLearning 2.0 eLearning 2.0 Presentation - ASTD OC eLearning 2.0 and eLearning 2.0 Start-Up Guides Personal and Group Learning Using Web 2.0

article thumbnail

Is Your LMS License Model Misaligned? How to Avoid Costly Mistakes

Talented Learning

Throughout the last month, I’ve reviewed 12 RFP responses for 3 different LMS business scenarios: association learning, commercial training and corporate channel/customer education. Making Sense of LMS License Models. How many courses or learning events are in the course catalog?

License 40