article thumbnail

The Lonely eLearner: Creating Social Learning Anchors | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The gist of it was that even though we have an enormous amount of tools available to enable social learning across far reaching boundaries, the self-study type of eLearning seen in so many workplaces today can potentially cut learners off from any type of social interaction during the course of the learning.

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

The problem in executing this shift is not in setting up these new learning environments and communities, but rather in embracing the change. Trust me…trying to train folks on a software package that they will neither need nor use is an exercise in frustration for everyone involved, not to mention a waste of time and money.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.

article thumbnail

Locus of learning: community, AI, or org?

Clark Quinn

My issue is with the locus of the curation of those objects; should it be the organization, an AI, or the community? I’ve argued that the community of practice should determine the curriculum to be a member of that community. ” Is that AI curation, or community curation? I think it’s worth exploring.

Community 154
article thumbnail

What is Social Emotional Learning and How to Create a Supportive Classroom with Social Emotional Learning?

Kitaboo

At the heart of this holistic development lies Social Emotional Learning (SEL) , a powerful educational approach that promotes emotional growth and personal growth. Understanding Social Emotional Learning (SEL) II. How to Create a Supportive Classroom with Social-Emotional Learning? Table of Contents: I.

Social 52
article thumbnail

Engaging Students with Interactive Social Studies Simulations

Kitaboo

Among all the subjects taught at school, social studies remains a challenge for most teachers to teach in an engaging way. It is possible to leverage many other forms of interactive teaching methods – like social studies simulations – to achieve the desired outcomes from a lesson. Table of Contents I. What is a Simulation?

article thumbnail

Community and Collaborative Learning

Dashe & Thomson

In Kenya, she said, everyone is very community-focused; but here, in the United States, we function as completely separate individuals. Learning has also become less community-based in the United States. He says it is important to find ways of using technology to build community, not destroy it. Synagogues became churches.