Using an eWorkshop to initiate or enrich a community

The eLearning Nomad

We talk about how great it would be if all their local partners would continuously share their expertise and experiences. These spaces have never really taken off, yet whenever there is a face-to-face get-together there is great enthusiasm for learning from each other and a call to continue remotely through a community of practice (CoP). We will use the eWorkshop method to kick-start and nurture the communities of practice.

Using an eWorkshop to initiate or enrich a community

The eLearning Nomad

We talk about how great it would be if all their local partners would continuously share their expertise and experiences. These spaces have never really taken off, yet whenever there is a face-to-face get-together there is great enthusiasm for learning from each other and a call to continue remotely through a community of practice (CoP). We will use the eWorkshop method to kick-start and nurture the communities of practice.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

21 top elearning communities

Sponge UK

Join thousands of other L&D professionals who are learning from each other in these elearning communities. Moodle community. Adapt community. Join in the discussion with a Community of thousands of HR and L&D Professionals”. 13 Moodle community.

Knowledge, practice and community

Learning with e's

In this post, I extend this idea into the work Lave did with Etienne Wenger, which has become known as Communities of Practice. The work of Lave and Wenger advances this concept, turning its focus to the people who make up the learning communities we are all a part of.

From Instructional Design to Enterprise Community Facilitation

ID Reflections

This interest was initially triggered by Jay Cross' seminal work, Informal Learning , Morten Hansen's Collaboration , Wenger, et al's Cultivating Communities of Practice , Wenger, White, et al's Digital Habitats , various blogs--primarily those by the ITA members and others like Michele Martin , Nancy White , Dave Pollard , Dave Snowden , Nick Milton , George Siemens --and later, books like Marcia Conner and Tony Bingham's The New Social Learning , and John Hagel and JSB's The Power of Pull.

The eThink Impact: How We Support the Moodle Community Globally

eThink Education

The global Moodle community continues to drive product development and support the open source mission. . What is the Moodle Community? . It’s important to note th at th e Moodle Community isn’t simply the collection of users leveraging or learning through the platform.

How to Create a Successful Community of Practice

Learning Wire

<div class=”page-chapo”>Communities of practice have existed within organizations for many years, usually taking the form of a group of people gathering together to share knowledge, to motivate each other, and build their expertise.</div>

How to Create a Successful Community of Practice

Learning Wire

Communities of practice have existed within organizations for many years, usually taking the form of a group of people gathering together to share knowledge, to motivate each other, and build their expertise. How do communities of practice work?

5 Ways Gamification Solves Business Problems

Ed App

Who would have thought that badges, levels and leaderboards could be the answer to business problems? We share with you 6 ways gamification solves business problems. Gamification offers a space to share a range of expertise and get the conversation flowing. Growth of a Learning Community. The post 5 Ways Gamification Solves Business Problems appeared first on EdApp Microlearning Blog.

Learning Community, Peers and Outside Experts

Tony Karrer

In some ways this relates closely to the post on Selling Learning Communities. By way of background, Nancy White and John Smith are gurus around all things Communities and Networks. I’ve worked with Nancy to create the Communities and Networks Connection which helps me continuously learn. And I keep a copy of their book Digital Habitats; Stewarding Technology for Communities next to my computer.

Navigating the Digital Ecosystem, Preselling, and the Problems with the Culture of Free with Robin Harris

LifterLMS

Navigating the digital ecosystem, preselling, and the problems with the culture of free with Robin Harris in this episode of the LMScast podcast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. The challenge is in the marketing of your services, and that is Robin’s area of expertise.

How Freelance Clients Find Me

Experiencing eLearning

Include a few sentences explaining your projects and the problems you solved with them. E-Learning Portfolios: Share Your Work : A collection of portfolios in the eLearning Heroes community. Social Media and Online Communities. You can demonstrate your expertise.

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes.

Selling Learning Communities – Not Everyone Will or Wants a Group Hug

Tony Karrer

Jack Merklein from Xerox Global Services did a really great presentation at LearnTrends 2009 entitled - Common tools for Diverse Communities at Xerox Global Services. Jack is responsible for the development, care and tools for learning communities and knowledge sharing initiatives.

How to Solve 10 Common Training Problems With Video

TechSmith Camtasia

The problem with that is, well, problems. Problem #1: Face-to-face training is time-consuming and expensive. Problem #2: Schedules can be a nightmare to coordinate. Problem #3: Training across the globe is difficult. Problem #5: The brain drain is real.

What is Connections: xAPI?

MakingBetter

When we’re at a large tradeshow, people often approach us to talk about the applications of xAPI in solving their company’s problems. It’s that those events are not focusing on moving hard problems toward better outcomes. Those best suited to help design, build and modify existing tools are very hard to get into the same room to focus on one (let alone a handful) of common problem patterns. ” and apply their true expertise.

xapi 195

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning.

KM 219

I Believe in the Importance of a Personal Learning Network

Tom Spiglanin

Still others were from the perspective of the educational community and how PLNs can replace formal education. There was even one prominent source that described a PLN as a community of practice, which it clearly is not. Community I Believe Informal Learning Social Learning

L&D's New Hatrack

ID Reflections

An increasingly global and uber connected workforce, globally distributed organizations, dispersed expertise, ubiquitous connectivity powered by the affordances of social, local and mobile (SoLoMo) and the economy of individuals are giving rise to completely different working and learning behaviors.

PKM 142

Why Your Organization Should Support a Knowledge Sharing Culture

Adobe Captivate

There is a fundamental problem that exists in the typical business workplace today. We’ve seen an explosion in the number of people whose jobs are directly related to their expertise, and for whom ‘what they know’ has become a kind [.].

Design for life

Learning with e's

It takes several hours to learn a systems such as typing on a keyboard, and several more months to become competent to the point of expertise. Conversely, presenting a problem to students places them in an unfamiliar context where they are compelled to expend mental energy to solve it.

Design 110

Podcast 12: Collaborative Medical Education at Vermont Oxford Network

Talented Learning

Founded in 1988, VON has evolved into a community of practice for clinicians from more than 1000 neonatal intensive care units and level I and II hospital nurseries around the world. Centers agreed it would be helpful if they knew what was going on with care across their whole community.

Ambient learning

Learning with e's

Now, ambient learning can be driven by the learner - as they encounter problems or challenges, they can gain instant access to content that helps them to learn more about the issues and how they might be resolved.

4 reasons why you need to be at the Adobe Learning Summit 2017

Adobe Captivate

Having the opportunity to attend my first conference not too long ago had a huge impact on my outlook towards community based learning. Learning something new which assists in accomplishing a task or solving a problem is like a breath of fresh air and leads to change for the better.

Learned Vs. Learners - Revised

ID Reflections

I have recently been reading Building Expertise: Cognitive Methods for Training and Performance Improvement. Building Expertise deals with learning and training as it needs to be. I want to highlight a few concepts from the book that impact how we think of learning and expertise.

How to Replace Top-Down Training with Collaborative Learning (3)

Jay Cross

Profile should contain photo, position, location, email address, expertise (tagged so it’s searchable). Networks are not only the environment of learning; they’re also the place where problems are solved, discoveries are made, and new knowledge is created. Third post in a series.

Social Learning: August Pick of the Posts

Jane Hart

They’ll talk about problems. Communities emerge. Communities of practice will continue to grow as knowledge artisans need to integrate their work and learning in a trusted space. You know you are in a real community of practice when it changes your practice.

Do People Need to Learn, or Can They Look It All Up?

Experiencing eLearning

For example, Bruce Graham started a lively conversation in the Articulate Heroes community by describing someone he met at a conference. ” Deeper, Internalized Expertise. Some tasks require a deeper expertise though.

Supporting Work

Clark Quinn

A number of years ago, I discussed a valued model that talks about how we solve problems in the world. Then if we can’t find the answer, we have to go into a problem-solving mode: we need to do research, experiment, and generally discover the answer.

WARNING, social netWORK AHEAD

Learning Cafe

Posts such as ‘ You ready to fail at social networking ’ and the excellent post from Jeevan Joshi ’4 reasons why employee social learning will fail at work ‘, have really made me think and reflect on the hype surrounding social business and more specifically the rise of social networks / communities within the work environment. Do you want to easily identify & reward expertise across your business?

7 Strategies to Facilitate "Working Out Loud"

ID Reflections

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes.

The Changing Face of Work and Workplace Learning

ID Reflections

Communities of professionals collaborating and cooperating to learn together will be on the rise. Content will be continuously co-created and co-owned by the community members ( much like the evolution of Wikipedia ). I am not the kind to crystal gaze.

Change 240

MOOCs in Performance Support

ID Reflections

MOOCs work very well for a distributed set of learners/workers - A MOOC could be an ideal way to bring a set of workers or learners together virtually, and enabling them to form a community of professionals embarking on the same learning journey.

Do People Need to Learn, or Can They Look It All Up?

Experiencing eLearning

For example, Bruce Graham started a lively conversation in the Articulate Heroes community by describing someone he met at a conference. ” Deeper, Internalized Expertise. Some tasks require a deeper expertise though.

Learning Strategy Issues

Clark Quinn

One presentation was on collaborating to produce an elearning course on sleeping better, with the presenter’s firm demonstrating expertise in elearning, while the other firm had the subject matter expertise on sleep health. A second presentation was on providing tools to trainers to devolve content development locally, addressing a problem with centrally-developed content.

Issue 155

Skills for the Networked World

ID Reflections

it includes knowledge about when and how to use particular strategies for learning or for problem solving. However, in the context of complex and emergent challenges, having a cognitively diverse set of individuals working on it trumps narrow expertise.