Using an eWorkshop to initiate or enrich a community

The eLearning Nomad

These spaces have never really taken off, yet whenever there is a face-to-face get-together there is great enthusiasm for learning from each other and a call to continue remotely through a community of practice (CoP). We will use the eWorkshop method to kick-start and nurture the communities of practice. The team work takes place in asynchronous (not real time) online discussion forums. There isn’t a specific problem to solve, unless a community member posts one.

Shifting from Trainer to Community Manager

Bottom-Line Performance

Whether it’s a quick chat with a coworker in the office, a YouTube search for a how-to guide, or a visit to the user community for the software they are using, the ubiquity of quality information has raised our expectation for speed and ease of acquiring new information.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Using an eWorkshop to initiate or enrich a community

The eLearning Nomad

These spaces have never really taken off, yet whenever there is a face-to-face get-together there is great enthusiasm for learning from each other and a call to continue remotely through a community of practice (CoP). We will use the eWorkshop method to kick-start and nurture the communities of practice. The team work takes place in asynchronous (not real time) online discussion forums. There isn’t a specific problem to solve, unless a community member posts one.

Creating a Robust Social Community within Your LMS

LearnDash

Because of this, many educators have caught on to the value of community for promoting their courses. A dedicated online community not only brings with it a tremendous amount of support and enthusiasm, it also gives learners a reason to remain part of your program. That said, there are many ways an online community can be built, and online educators often miss out by considering their community too narrowly. Let’s say your community focuses on online development.

8 Ways to Build an Online Learning Community

learnWorlds

Community in online courses promotes active learning by provoking the students to participate and learn together. Online Collaborative Learning helps us explore ways to think, to innovate, to develop problem-solving skills and to seek conceptual understanding. Get your school now!

Adobe Captivate: It Takes a Community

The Logical Blog by IconLogic

Sure there's a  Captivate forum  (where you can search for and post questions on Captivate), there's a  Captivate Blog  (hosted by Adobe. and nothing gave developers a sense of being part of a community with like-minded eLearning warriors. Adobe has taken a step toward filling that gap by integrating the all-new eLearning Community with Adobe Captivate. Notice that there's a Community tab grouped with the open projects.

21 top elearning communities

Sponge UK

Join thousands of other L&D professionals who are learning from each other in these elearning communities. Training journal forum. Moodle community. Adapt community. Tap into the knowledgeable and helpful Training Journal readership in their forums.

How Is xAPI Being Used in the eLearning Community?

Web Courseworks

Here at Web Courseworks, our blog team is beginning to explore the use of xAPI in the eLearning community. SCORM has been a foundational component of the eLearning community since its inception in 2000. The post How Is xAPI Being Used in the eLearning Community?

xapi 130

Podcast 30: Learning From Customer Conferences – With Tristan Jordan and Tara Pawlak of Community Brands

Talented Learning

EPISODE 30 – TOPIC SUMMARY AND GUESTS: Today I’m thrilled to welcome two executives from Community Brands – EVP and General Manager, Tristan Jordan , and Director of Marketing, Tara Pawlak. Q&A HIGHLIGHTS: JOHN: First, maybe we should introduce Community Brands.

How to Create a Successful Community of Practice

Learning Wire

<div class=”page-chapo”>Communities of practice have existed within organizations for many years, usually taking the form of a group of people gathering together to share knowledge, to motivate each other, and build their expertise.</div>

The eThink Impact: How We Support the Moodle Community Globally

eThink Education

The global Moodle community continues to drive product development and support the open source mission. . What is the Moodle Community? . It’s important to note th at th e Moodle Community isn’t simply the collection of users leveraging or learning through the platform.

How to Create a Successful Community of Practice

Learning Wire

Communities of practice have existed within organizations for many years, usually taking the form of a group of people gathering together to share knowledge, to motivate each other, and build their expertise. How do communities of practice work? Why is a community of practice useful?

Discussion Forums for Knowledge Sharing at Capital City Bank

Tony Karrer

I recently had a great conversation with Becky Barch, a performance consultant at the Bank, about her smart application of discussion forum software from ElementK. The forum is targeted to a small group – loan/lending assistants.

Forum 161

Success Formula for Discussion Forums in Financial Services

Tony Karrer

I received a question this week related to Discussion Forums for Knowledge Sharing at Capital City Bank : I successfully launched a discussion forum for a small group of lending assistants within my bank. That forum is still up and running. Since that time, I have attempted to introduce the discussion forum tool to two other work groups within the bank but I have not been very successful. FreshNetworks , December 24, 2009 Are your community's lurkers healthy lurkers?

Forum 110

5 quick ways to build a sense of community in online courses

Course Index

Yet one thing can dull the online learning experience and reduce completion rates: the lack of a sense of community. titled The loneliness of the online learner, a senior education professional recently highlighted the often illusory nature of online ‘community’ in eLearning environments.

5 Ways Gamification Solves Business Problems

Ed App

Who would have thought that badges, levels and leaderboards could be the answer to business problems? We share with you 6 ways gamification solves business problems. Growth of a Learning Community. Issue: The World Economic Forum has expressed concerns of re-skilling to keep up with the future of work, finding that from mid-2017, 35% of the skills workers need across all industries will have changed by 2020.

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”. Communities of practice are created by developing explicit knowledge.

KM 87

Are your community's lurkers healthy lurkers?

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

I've blogged about lurking before , investigating whether lurking in online forums is a sort of legitimate peripheral participation that leads to people learning about the practices of a community of practice. This time we tried to analyze whether lurking in online forums is a problem or a bliss for companies. Lurking into an online forum because you feel you are a novice can make you more expert. I facilitated a teleconference with Mirjam Neelen for CPsquare.

The new look Captivate forum

Adobe Captivate

Captivate 4 , captivate forum. Many of you might not be aware of one of the most valuable online resources Captivate has- the Captivate Forum on Adobe.com. This forum is supported by a community of passionate Captivate experts who respond to every conceivable issue and problem you might run into. This forum has now been revamped with a much cooler UI, new features and an overhaul of the underlying technology to improve overall user experience.

Forum 43

TCC08: What can Educators Learn from Online Religious Communities?

Experiencing eLearning

Based on seminar where doctoral students created online community projects. The seminar raised a question about whether online religious communities could be a model for online educational experiences. Technical problems. Forum is good for giving students time and space to think carefully and express themselves. Didn’t really create a sense of community. Feels a sense of community with the group–technology has connected her with others.

The New Trivantis Community: Everything You Need for eLearning—All in One Place

Trivantis

The new Trivantis Community is open for business! If you already have an account on the existing community forum, your username will stay the same. No problem! The post The New Trivantis Community: Everything You Need for eLearning—All in One Place appeared first on.

They’re not like us

E-Learning Provocateur

I’m not referring to some of us in the L&D profession, although that’s an ironic part of the problem. This heuristic maintains that in a typical online community, only 1% of the members create new content, while the remaining 99% lurk.

Yammer 257

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action! Knowledge in this wiki is “community managed and owned”. Communities of practice are created by developing explicit knowledge.

KM 65

Wiki as repository for a virtual community

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Through a comment on a blogpost by Nancy White I found this article about a virtual community using a discussion list (listserv) in combination with a wiki. I've been advising a community where using an online discussion forum where few people had experience with a wiki. Though it was hard to get people to work on the wiki, it was very attractive to some because of its structure as compared to the discussion forum that may look very chaotic.

Wiki 90

eLearning Content Development: 6 Steps to Create a Learning Problem Statement

TalentLMS

Before plunging into an eLearning course development process with your team, spend some time developing a formal problem statement. Let’s determine the research-worthiness of a problem and the steps to create a clear learning problem statement.

Nudge-Learning: The Theory and The Relevance

Harbinger Interactive Learning

Thaler has been very busy handling accolades and admiration since then; he has been surrounded in a career-defining victory, but his wake-up call from Sweden also potentially served as a wakeup call for the learning & development community to sit up and take notice of nudge.

Moodle: Email Notfication Problems

eLearning Blender

A very common theme in the Moodle forums is problems with email notifications for things like submitted assignments, forum posts, graded assignments, etc. It's good to know that I am not the only one having these kinds of LMS problems. I was having issues with email notifications only working every once in a while and I finally had time to dive into the Moodle community and research the issue. Turns out I was having both of these problems.

Observations from Supporting Performance with Learning – Learning Cafe Workplace Trends Forum

Learning Cafe

28 Learning professionals from a wide cross section of industries participated in the online Workplace Trends Forum on Supporting Performance with Learning. Performance support is on an evolutionary path like many other things, and fits in with Communities of Practice.

Forum 60

How do I know what e-learning approach is right for what topic?

The eLearning Nomad

You would like to improve problem-solving capacities…. We’re not talking about maths problems or technical problems with one right answer. This is about real-life complex problem-solving which is almost always done together with other people out there. People have different perspectives on how problems should be solved and why. You might have set up a webinar program because … well, everyone else in your sector is doing their training that way.

Surf’s Up: Riding the Waves of eLearning Trends

Association eLearning

Adding discussion groups to courses helps learners exchange ideas and problem solve in a collaborative environment. There are several ways to do this but among those most popular are social media integration and forums or message boards and chat features.

Trends 251

How do I know what e-learning approach is right for what topic?

The eLearning Nomad

You would like to improve problem-solving capacities…. We’re not talking about maths problems or technical problems with one right answer. This is about real-life complex problem-solving which is almost always done together with other people out there. People have different perspectives on how problems should be solved and why. You might have set up a webinar program because … well, everyone else in your sector is doing their training that way.

Creating Value in e-Learning Part 1: The Problem

Trivantis

Forum. Community Forum. Community Forum. Creating Value in e-Learning Part 1: The Problem. The Problem: Here are three commonly held assumptions about online courseware: 1. The Problem" data-via="Lectora" >. Community Forum. Community Forum. Logins. Lectora Online - USA. Lectora Online - EU. ReviewLink. CourseMill LMS. Products. Authoring Tools. Lectora Inspire. The Full-Featured Authoring Tool.

What is Connections: xAPI?

MakingBetter

When we’re at a large tradeshow, people often approach us to talk about the applications of xAPI in solving their company’s problems. What’s different about our Connections Forum is the format. It’s that those events are not focusing on moving hard problems toward better outcomes. Those best suited to help design, build and modify existing tools are very hard to get into the same room to focus on one (let alone a handful) of common problem patterns.

xapi 195

The 70:20:10 Model – Today, Tomorrow & Beyond

Learnnovators

I think the term perfectly describes the situation that used to occur, and still occurs in some organisations, where managers see every problem that is identified as being caused by under-performance as a ‘training problem’. They then turn to their training manager and ask for help in solving their ‘training problem’ (unaware that training is simply a solution to some problems, not a panacea).

L&D's New Hatrack

ID Reflections

Know how to build one''s PLN Workplace challenges are increasingly going to be unique requiring skills like analysis, problem solving, learning agility, adaptability, pattern sensing and exception handling; therefore, instilling the skills of “learning how to learn” is of paramount importance.

PKM 142