article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.

article thumbnail

Keynoting Texas Community College Technology Forum 2010

Kapp Notes

On Friday, I’ll be in the big o’le state of Texas speaking about the future of technology for community colleges. I do a lot of work with community colleges and know first hand the innovative technologies and first class hands-on education that community colleges can provide. Here is a short description of my talk.

Forum 140
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Good and Bad of Support Forums

LearnDash

This decision often comes down to one of two choices: forums or a help desk – but which is best? As we got more customers they started requesting that we implement forums. We were reluctant at first to implement a forum. Our Forums have become a HUGE Asset. Without the forums, this would have never been possible.

Forum 100
article thumbnail

Resources for Texas Technology Forum Keynote

Kapp Notes

Keynote at Texas Community College Technology Forum. Tags: Content Guide. Here are links to some articles which discuss, in more detail, the concepts and ideas addressed in the keynote and here are the slides from the talk. View more presentations from Karl Kapp. Here is the list of important links. We Teach as We are Taught.

Forum 133
article thumbnail

TCC08: Wikis and Blogs and Tags: Oh Why?

Experiencing eLearning

Lisa Cheney-Steen, Colorado Community College System, Denver, Colorado, USA. More social community. Cynthia uses Twitter for keeping track of bookmarks–lets her tag it with who shared it with her and when to give her context. Create a sharing community. Diigo’s dashboard has forums for discussion.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

Presentation Recap for the U.S. Air Force’s Global Learning Forum

Kapp Notes

Agenda for the Global Learning Forum Last night I had the privileged of presenting to the U.S. Air Force’s Global Learning Forum (GLF) group in Second Life at Huffman Prairie Chi. Langer the Senior Director of the Center for Technology, Innovation, and Community Engagement and Dr. L. It was a great event.

Forum 167
article thumbnail

WordPress VS Webflow: Is Webflow the best WordPress alternative?

The Be-all and End-all Guide to Creating a Supreme LearnDash LMS

It offers customizable permalinks, meta tags, title tags, and sitemaps, making it easier for search engines to crawl and index your site. Large Community and Support: WordPress has a massive community of developers, designers, and users who contribute to its continuous development and improvement.