Rapid E-Learning’s Best of 2014

Rapid eLearning

I got to meet so many blog readers from all over the world, Articulate successfully released Storyline 2 , and we made significant improvements to the elearning heroes community with a focus on even more free tips , tutorials , and giveaways. As with most end of year articles, here’s a roundup of popular posts and many of the free downloads from 2014. Best of the Rapid E-Learning Blog. Why Building Interactive E-Learning is a Two-step Process.

Over 75 Free Rapid E-Learning Resources

Rapid eLearning

The other day this guy asked me how to develop color schemes for his rapid elearning courses. I shared some of the tools that I use for color schemes in previous posts like this one on creating your own rapid elearning PowerPoint template. Also, here’s a link to the 200 free rapid elearning tutorials I posted a while back. Audacity : free open source audio recording and editing software. dafont.com : free and inexpensive fonts.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

5 Free Online Image Editors for Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

In a previous post, we looked at five free desktop image editors. Here are a couple of additional free desktop applications shared by some blog readers. A challenge with free software is that sometimes your organization isn’t comfortable with you downloading and installing applications that aren’t approved. They also have a very active user community which is a plus and lots of tutorials. User community. Rapid E-Learning Workshop.

Three Time-Saving Rapid E-Learning Tips

Rapid eLearning

Last week I shared a free PowerPoint template that was inspired by the iPad’s notebook app. If not, check out some of the other free templates that are available in the Elearning Heroes community. To learn more check out the tutorial below. Building rapid elearning courses in PowerPoint requires a few production techniques that are different than when you build presentations in PowerPoint.

Three Time-Saving Rapid E-Learning Tips

Rapid eLearning

Last week I shared a free PowerPoint template that was inspired by the iPad’s notebook app. If not, check out some of the other free templates that are available in the Elearning Heroes community. To learn more check out the tutorial below. Building rapid elearning courses in PowerPoint requires a few production techniques that are different than when you build presentations in PowerPoint.

5 Tips to Make Rapid E-Learning Interactive

Rapid eLearning

When building rapid elearning with PowerPoint it can be a challenge to get away from linear courses. The good thing is that PowerPoint isn’t limited to linear elearning. Building interactive elearning is just a matter of learning a few techniques. It’s easy enough to take any of these types of interactions and incorporate them into an interactive, decision-making elearning course that allows the learner to explore, pull in content, and make decisions.

Four Essential Tips for the Rapid E-Learning Pro

Rapid eLearning

PowerPoint’s a great authoring environment for elearning. If you can step away from the “bullet point” mindset and all of the complaints, you’ll see that PowerPoint’s got a lot to offer those who build elearning courses. With a rapid elearning tool, you’re using PowerPoint’s easy authoring environment to create Flash movies. Essentially, you’re creating Flash content without the requirement of learning to program Flash. Click here to learn more.

Why You Need PowerPoint 2010 for Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Starting with PowerPoint 2007, there are many features that make the rapid elearning process much more efficient. I detailed some of those features in this post on why PowerPoint 2007 helps you build better elearning. I can’t cover everything in a single post, so I am going to share five of the features I use most when creating elearning content with PowerPoint 2010. In the past, I had to go to a different application like the free Paint.net or Photoshop Elements.

How to Be Successful at Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Here’s what I find typical of people who do rapid elearning. The more courses they create, the more they realize they need to craft better learning experiences. I call this the rapid elearning story because it’s a story many people relate to. It’s also a great framework for learning to build courses. I shared more detail in the post on building a roadmap to better rapid elearning. Couple this with learning how to use the software.

Want to Become a Rapid E-Learning Pro? Then Check Out All of These PowerPoint Tips

Rapid eLearning

They include tips on creating custom graphics, assembly of interactive elearning, and getting more out PowerPoint’s features. Tips on Creating Rapid E-Learning Courses in PowerPoint. Building an elearning course with PowerPoint is not the same as building a presentation. This list of posts offers some good tips on building your rapid elearning courses in PowerPoint. How I Built that E-Learning Scenario. The Power of Rapid E-Learning.

Online Community Training Case Study

Raptivity

Training conducted through online communities is an arduous task but worth mentioning the efforts taken by an organization with the use of Raptivity. Generally, organizations have discussions and announcements made on online communities but going a step further with training [.].

Save Time with These 3 Rapid E-Learning Tips

Rapid eLearning

The other day I was reviewing an old PowerPoint file that I used for the blog post on how to build simple interactive scenarios in PowerPoint-based elearning. If it was a real elearning course, it could have cost me quite a bit of time. Today, I want to revisit some of those tips and show how they can help you on your next elearning course. But a real elearning course with a lot more slides would see a significant improvement in the time to publish.

A Simple Roadmap to Better Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

I get a lot of questions about how to get started with building e-learning courses. I’m also a big advocate of participating in your learning community to build relationships and improve your skills. However, in today’s post I want to introduce a simple framework to help develop your elearning skills. Let’s start with what I like to call the “Rapid E-Learning Story.”. Do the basic things as you learn to use the software.

Answers to Frequently Asked Rapid E-Learning Questions

Rapid eLearning

Many of the blog’s subscribers are new to elearning. There are also a few community members who also shared what they use and recorded some demos. And you really hurt your elearning course it if looks great but sounds bad. There are a few common issues when working with rapid elearning tools. That’s where I got the ideas for these free PowerPoint templates. Related links: Inspiring Designs to Keep Your E-Learning Courses Looking Fresh.

5 Simple Ways to Get Started with E-Learning Development - The Rapid eLearning Blog

Rapid eLearning

The Rapid Elearning Blog. 5 Simple Ways to Get Started with E-Learning Development. Almost daily I get emails asking how to get started with developing elearning. Here are five tips that will help you gain experience and develop the skills to build elearning courses that you can be proud of. Microsoft has some really nice starter templates to help you organize your learning project. Learn from the Experts. Take Advantage of the Free Stuff.

Three Ways That These 70 Rapid E-Learning Tips Will Help You Build Better Courses

Rapid eLearning

They’ll get filled as you apply what you’re learning and gain more experience. General Thoughts on Rapid E-Learning. 3 Things You Can Only Learn from a Real E-Learning Expert : Learn to work with subject matter experts and the tech-savvy millennials; and get a definitive explanation of how to finally spell e-learning eLearning elearning leearning. Here are some tips to learn how.

ASTD 66

7 Secrets to Getting the Graphics You Need for Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

It’s always so much fun getting to meet the blog readers and learning more about what people do in the real world. Two things always stand out during these trips: There is no one way to do elearning. Some people build courses, some create marketing material, and some use the rapid elearning software to create multimedia information. One of the sessions I did in Atlanta was on how to get the graphics you need for your rapid elearning courses.

Are You Getting the Most Value Out of Your Rapid E-Learning Tools?

Rapid eLearning

While the application is versatile and great for elearning, many people still struggle to get past the PowerPoint look because the features are designed to encourage the use of the templates. The key is to learn to see the features from a different perspective. But if you can step away from what the vendor calls the product and how they present the features, you’ll learn to get more value out of the tools. And this is where the elearning community comes in handy.

Free Rapid eLearning Storyboard

eLearningArt

PowerPoint is a great tool for rapid storyboarding. We’ve created a free eLearning storyboard template that will allow you to quickly mock up an eLearning course, exercise, or quiz. I’d like to introduce a rapid storyboarding tool that I’m playing around with right now. So if you’re doing some rapid scenario building, this is a pretty good tool for that. So I will make this available for free download so that you can play around with it.

KEVIN THORN – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

ABOUT KEVIN THORN: Kevin Thorn is an award-winning e-learning designer & developer, consultant, and owner of NuggetHead Studioz, LLC. , a boutique custom design and development studio specializing in online learning experiences. This is why so much online learning fails."

Free Icons for Health and Medical Industry Training

Rapid eLearning

I love free icons and illustrations that can be used in e-learning. What’s cool is that the icons are open source and free to use in commercial projects without any attribution requirement. Why are the icons free? What can I share for free?

Free 75

Free Resources for Coronavirus Training

Rapid eLearning

Here are some free images and resources to help with your training programs. And here’s a link for different ways to give credit and attribution for the free resources. Free Coronavirus Stock Photos. They’re free to use. Free Coronavirus Icons.

The 5 Myths of Rapid E-Learning Revisited

Rapid eLearning

I came into rapid e-learning from the world of Authorware and Flash where building courses took a lot of time and cost a lot more money. As soon as I asked that question, I heard all of the bellyaching from our Flash developers and most of the custom e-learning vendors we hired. They felt threatened and raised all sorts of concerns about the future of the industry and the fate of e-learning. Myth 1: Rapid E-Learning Is Crapid E-Learning!

Free Background Music for Your E-learning Courses

Rapid eLearning

Free Background Music. There are a lot of “free” sites, but to tell you the truth most of them are useless. Here are a couple of options that should provide most of the free background music you need. Mixkit : free; no attribution. Free E-Learning Resources.

Music 76

Free Assets from the E-Learning Community

Rapid eLearning

Most people aren’t active participants in the elearning community. No one expects you to sit on the couch, eating bonbons, and chatting in the community. Most of us tend to use the community for quick help and then we go back to work. Not being an active participant means that it’s possible you miss some really good stuff in the community. Here are some cool blurred backgrounds that can add richness and texture to your elearning courses. Free Road Signs.

The New & Improved Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Ten years ago, the e-learning industry was still mostly Flash-based. That meant organizations either had to buy e-learning courses, have them custom-built, or hire a Flash programmer to build them. It democratized the world of online training because it put e-learning into the hands of anyone who wanted to build a course. If you came from that world where building Flash courses took more time and cost more, everything was rapid. Want to learn more?

Flash 51

3 Popular Rapid eLearning Authoring Tools – When to Use What

CommLab India

The use of e-learning authoring tools depends on the training need, complexity of the course, delivery platform – online or on mobiles – timelines, budget, and other factors. With a host of e-learning authoring tools available, choosing the apt authoring tool for your business requirement is not an easy task. This blog tries to make this easy for you, by showing how three popular rapid e-learning authoring tools meet 3 training needs.

Free Illustrations Perfect for Rise 360 Courses

Rapid eLearning

Rise 360 is a great application to create e-learning. They look nice and they’re free to use for commercial projects. Here’s why I think these free illustrations work well with Rise 360. Upcoming E-Learning Events. Free E-Learning Resources.

Free 71

More Answers to Your Rapid E-Learning Questions

Rapid eLearning

Where can I get free elearning assets? You don’t need print-quality images for elearning courses. The new Microsoft Office site has a lot of the same images you’d buy from vendors like Fotolio available for free. Download the free assets from the elearning community. At a recent conference you said we should learn to scrounge for assets. They also have some free stuff on their site. 7 Simple Rapid E-Learning Tips.

Here’s a Free Tool to Build an E-Learning Portfolio

Rapid eLearning

Free Portfolio Site. Recently I came across a free tool called SpreadSimple, which is really cool because it builds websites out of Google Sheets (something many of us already know how to use). Free E-Learning Resources. Want to learn more?

Free Branched Scenario Backgrounds

Rapid eLearning

A while back I shared some free illustrated backgrounds that you can use for your branched scenario courses in e-learning. The free download includes the original images as well as a folder with images cropped to 16:9 so they fit perfectly in 16×9 slides. Free Downloads. Download the fully revised, free 63-page ebook: The Insider's Guide to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro. Upcoming E-Learning Events.

Free 50

Edit.EPS and.SVG Files for Free

Rapid eLearning

There are a lot of free graphics files available online. Many of the free graphics are illustrations that are.EPS or.SVG files. Photopea is a free app where you can edit graphics files online. I’ve included two quick tutorials to feature a few of thing things I like about the free application. How to Edit EPS & SVG for Free. How to Convert Bitmap Illustrations to Vector for Free. Upcoming E-Learning Events. Want to learn more?

Free 52

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Kineos August Rapid e-Learning Newsletter

Learning Visions

Cammy Beans Learning Visions Musings on eLearning, instructional design and other training stuff. Thursday, August 23, 2007 Kineos August Rapid e-Learning Newsletter If youve been following my blog for awhile, then you already know how I feel about the folks at Kineo. They provide some fabulous (free) resources to the e-Learning community and have just been nominated the "Best New Kids on the Block" by the Brighton and Hove Business Awards.

Who Doesn’t Need Free Illustrations for E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Of course your e-learning software comes with a great assortment of e-learning templates and characters to use in your online training courses. But, really, who doesn’t like additional free illustrations to use in e-learning courses?

Free 65

Free e-Learning books

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 11/14/2010 Free e-Learning books Since I am a great fun of open source software ( Open Source Authoring Tools for e-Learning , Free and Open Source Web Conferencing Tools for e-Learning ) and active member of online communities I created the following list with free e-Learning books. =>

Free PowerPoint Template to Manage Free Fonts

Rapid eLearning

There are tons of free dingbat fonts available for download. And they’re great to use for your training and e-learning courses. Here’s what you already know: How to find and downloaded a bunch of those free dingbat and icon fonts. How to convert free those fonts to editable vector shapes. Here’s an easy way to manage all of those free fonts and preview the ones you want to use to create graphic and icon files for your courses and presentation.

Eric Schuermann – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Its product suite includes Lectora – the world’s leading e-Learning software used by over 60% of the Global 2000 companies. ABOUT THIS INTERVIEW SERIES: ‘Crystal Balling with Learnnovators’ is a thought-provoking interview series that attempts to gaze into the future of e-learning. It comprises stimulating discussions with industry experts and product evangelists on emerging trends in the learning landscape. Eric: The future of e-Learning is wide open!

Escape from Compliance Training Jail - The Rapid eLearning Blog

Rapid eLearning

The Rapid Elearning Blog. The purpose of the course is not to learn, but instead to demonstrate what we already know. Like the healthcare industry, there are many industries that require annual refresher or certification testing that has little to do with learning. Of course, when a person doesn’t pass the certification, it identifies a clear learning opportunity. Here’s what his team did to create a more efficient elearning certification process.

Check Your Spelling & Grammar with the free Microsoft Editor Browser Extension

Rapid eLearning

If you do your course editing in your e-learning authoring tool like Rise 360 , then Microsoft Editor is a tool that comes in handy. Download the fully revised, free 63-page ebook: The Insider's Guide to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro. Want to learn more?

Subject Matter Expert: Free Resource Checklist

Rapid eLearning

Here’s a free handout to help guide the conversation with subject matter experts and clients so that you get all of the resources you need to build the best courses possible. Download the free subject matter expert checklist here. Download the fully revised, free 63-page ebook: The Insider's Guide to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro. Upcoming E-Learning Events. Learn more and register here (e arly bird ends April 30).