article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.

article thumbnail

Workshop Pricing, Tools, Volunteering: ID Links 7/5/22

Experiencing eLearning

This post includes workshop pricing, useful tools and resources for L&D professionals, volunteering and internship guidelines, scenarios, games, and diverse stock images. Although I have relied on Diigo for a long time for saving and tagging bookmarks, the site hasn’t been actively developed in several years.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Wikis and Blogs and Tags: Oh Why?

Experiencing eLearning

Lisa Cheney-Steen, Colorado Community College System, Denver, Colorado, USA. More social community. Cynthia uses Twitter for keeping track of bookmarks–lets her tag it with who shared it with her and when to give her context. Create a sharing community. Starting with an intro to Web 2.0. Information or Presentation.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

Welcome to Adobe eLearning Community 2.0

Adobe Captivate

After the phenomenal year that 2017 was, we celebrated 100,000+ eLearning professionals on this community portal last month. This is clearly your endorsement for the value of this community portal. We thank you all for helping make this portal a vibrant community. The post Welcome to Adobe eLearning Community 2.0

article thumbnail

TCC09: Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities

Experiencing eLearning

This virtual learning community took the initiative to form a study group and share strategies for completing course problem-solving assignments. We’ve had learning communities before, but online learning makes it more visible. Research showing benefits of learning communities. Community of Inquiry.

Wiki 193
article thumbnail

Creating a Vibrant Learning Community

Kapp Notes

Today I am presenting at Immaculata University on the topic of Creating a Vibrant Learning Community as part of a faculty workshop. Communities Of Practice View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. A Learning Community is a group whose members regularly engage in sharing and learning, based on common interests.

Community 100
article thumbnail

100 free eLearning templates and images + 2015 updates

eLearningArt

100+ free eLearning images & templates. I’m happy to announce that we upgraded our image and template giveaway. You can get 100 free character images , as well as the source files included in my blog and video lessons by signing up here. Images are now easier to find and use. Let’s get to the free stuff first.

Images 40