article thumbnail

Informal Learning Center

Jay Cross's Informal Learning

Formal training and workshops account for only 5% to 20% of what people learn from experience and interactions. Order the Informal Learning book or read a summary or download the Informal Learning Poster. What is Informal Learning? Start with these: What’s informal learning?

article thumbnail

Re-imagining Work & Learning in a Networked World

ID Reflections

Or will work itself subsume learning enabled by a transformed L&D / facilitators / coaches / mentors and the "right" organizational culture? How do we help organizations see that social and informal learning is not a new and fancy way to learn but an essential requirement in a complex, rapidly changing, and uber connected world?

Network 202
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Summer Camp starts Monday 16 July

Jane Hart

Our Summer Camp provides an opportunity to learn with peers and gain some of the essential skills needed to support learning in the networked world. informal learning. social learning. mobile learning. Personal Knowledge Management (PKM). online communities. We’ll be discussing.

PKM 157
article thumbnail

Sahana Chattopadhyay – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Her work with various companies like Tata Interactive Systems, Zensar Technologies, ThoughtWorks and Future Group has given her a width of experience that spans instructional design, workplace learning strategy, knowledge management, social learning and community management, and people development. and others.

article thumbnail

The Changing Nature of Workplace Learning

ID Reflections

While the former reflects the redesigning of workplace as a physical manifestation of this change with its focus on enabling communities and collaboration, the second one squarely focuses on empowering autonomous learning and facilitating the building of trusted networks. IMHO, L&D and HR have to work together--very very closely.

Change 220
article thumbnail

The differences between learning in an e-business and learning in a social business

Jane Hart

A Social Business is one that embraces and cultivates a spirit of collaboration and community throughout its organization—both internally and externally.”. Recognises that formal learning accounts for small % of how people learn in the organisation. Informal learning. Social learning. Community management.

article thumbnail

Revisiting My Learning Journey on Social Media

ID Reflections

I got to learn from the experts – individuals who were charting the path and devising ways to use the tool as an avenue for learning, sharing and innovating – building a strong global community of learning professionals. Sometime later, I stumbled on to my first ever online learning community, #lrnchat.