article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. The Learning Circuits Big Question for May is: How do we need to change in what we do in order to address learning/performance needs that are on-demand? In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager?

article thumbnail

Bob Mosher Workshop on Informal Learning

Learning Visions

I’ll be there with bells on – and not just because the workshop is being held five minutes from my house, but also because Bob Mosher is an amazingly dynamic and engaging speaker with lots of practical ideas for your learning organization. Tags: bob mosher ispi informal learning.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Online Tools for Evaluating Informal Learning

The Performance Improvement Blog

All activity in the online community can be tracked, and the ongoing development of the youth’s projects can be analyzed for more detail. And she writes about videotaping users: For example, videotaping a museum visitor using an exhibition (using IRB-approved informed consent as appropriate).

Evalution 147
article thumbnail

Open Learning Network vs Informal Learning Environment

E-Learning Provocateur

He articulates his position as such: “…a one-or-the-other choice between the two is a false choice between knowledge-dissemination technologies and community-building tools. Mott’s blueprint is the Open Learning Network (OLN). Mine is the Informal Learning Environment (ILE). We can have both.&#.

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

The problem in executing this shift is not in setting up these new learning environments and communities, but rather in embracing the change. They can connect with others that have the same passions to form a learning community, communities of passion. Of course, when I saw this question, I had to try to answer it.

article thumbnail

Informal Learning Part 2 from Jay Cross: Informal learning is like a bicycle ride

ID Reflections

Informal learnign, on the other hand, is like a solo bicycle ride. Tags: corporate training communities of practice collaborative learning social learning informal learning. I can change my own direction, go where I want, stop when I want to and take a break. A great simile.

article thumbnail

Lance Dublin: Formalizing Informal Learning

Learning Visions

Lance Dublin: Formalizing Informal Learning ….&#%!? Presented by Training Magazine Network Diagram of the learning process: Input: you can get input in lots of ways Organize Apply Evaluate (in a wheel – each of these is a subprocess) Looking first at learning. In a disconnected learning system: Need.